I know I'm probably not supposed to do this, but...

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

I know I'm probably not supposed to do this, but...

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:24 pm

DragonBox the Movies on Ebay. $85. $15 shipping. 10 Hours.

I thought this was a good find, and posted it here just in case anybody wanted in on it. Since there are no subs I'm not really in to this (and I'm snagging the grand majority of the series in singles, anyway).

This isn't my item, I just found it and now I'm telling you guys. From what I can tell it includes all of the movies, the original cases, and the Dragonbook. However, the scouter walkie talkies aren't inside (and the guy says the only reason he bought the set was for the scouters o.O).

And I'd just like to add for all of those that don't know, these are in region 2 and have no subtitles, but are still bad ass.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:03 pm

He paid $400 for the scouters when he could have registered on this forum and get them for $40?

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:38 pm

Holy fuck. 85 bucks.

Fuck, US only.

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:02 pm

woot woot ^^ It'll take a longer now than it would during the school year, but assuming this is legitimate, I have my first Dragon Box~ (which is ironically the only one the local anime shop does not carry)...the scouters would've been nice, but, oh well....

Thanks Super Saiya-jin Tullece!

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:03 pm

Appearently bidding ended early... Must have mis-read the time remaining.

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:44 pm

Nope, there were ~8 hours remaining, but I used the Buy-It-Now option....

ect5150
Advanced Regular

Post by ect5150 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:25 am

Analytical Delusion wrote:Nope, there were ~8 hours remaining, but I used the Buy-It-Now option....
If you got it for $100, its a good deal. Just hope the discs aren't scratched to hell or something like that.
ect5150
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
DB DBox color corrections & DBox color corrections.

kinoko
Beyond Newbie

Post by kinoko » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:07 pm

Castor Troy wrote:He paid $400 for the scouters when he could have registered on this forum and get them for $40?
That is weird, isn't it? xD

...Uuuh, I really want to get this, but I do feel kind of skeptical about it. ^^;
The Resident Tenshinhan Fangirl.

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:53 pm

According to the description the discs have never been played.

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm

Hm, so I e-mailed the seller, inquiring of the condition and such, and this was his response:

"This message was sent after the listing closed.
wallsboy is the seller.

The set is in pristine condition. The Dragon book, dvd cases, case sleeve; perfect on all accounts. Aside from disk #1 (which was popped in my dvd, but never really watched), the other dvd's have never been viewed. The set is, for all intents and purposes, brand new.

Oh, and the Dragon Box will be shipped out tomorrow afternoon. I meant to ship it today, but left the house in a rush this morning and simply forgot to grab it. Don't fret, it will be expedited tomorrow. Following shipping I'll email you a confirmation/tracking number.

Thanks for your buisness and prompr payment. Why can't all buyers be like you?

Wallsboy... "

So I guess he really did spend $400 for just scouters.... >,>

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:20 pm

Wow....85 bucks.
US only though, but still it was a good deal =o
still, I'm quite amazed he paid nearly $400 for a pair of scouters. Mind you, they're scouters, but still...

Arcwave
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arcwave » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:55 pm

Damn! It sold. I was going to buy it.

/j
Jesse
tricofilms.com

denitonis
Beyond Newbie

Post by denitonis » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:09 am

Lol for me it is actually the other way around, sure the extra's are cool and all but in the end of the day they only sit in my box.
I might display the figures and diarma but really see no use for the scouters and remote-contol.
7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.

Quoting one is plagiarism.
Quoting many is research.

Smooth Criminal
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smooth Criminal » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:47 am

This has got to be bogus? Why would he set the Buy It Now so low?

Expect bootlegs or scratched dvds.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:53 am

denitonis wrote:Lol for me it is actually the other way around, sure the extra's are cool and all but in the end of the day they only sit in my box.
I might display the figures and diarma but really see no use for the scouters and remote-contol.
The extras are cool the first day you have the set.

Then they sit in the closet doing nothing. I've probably worn the scouters about 4-5 times. I hope desirecampell enjoys the set now. :)

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:13 pm

Smooth Criminal wrote:This has got to be bogus? Why would he set the Buy It Now so low?

Expect bootlegs or scratched dvds.

I bet they're fine, when I first saw the auction is was listed at 95 dollars, he probably just tried lowering the price to see if it would sell. If you read the description you'll see that the discs have never been played and he told Analytical Delusion it was in pristine condition.

ect5150
Advanced Regular

Post by ect5150 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:17 pm

SonEric84 wrote:I bet they're fine, when I first saw the auction is was listed at 95 dollars, he probably just tried lowering the price to see if it would sell. If you read the description you'll see that the discs have never been played and he told Analytical Delusion it was in pristine condition.
And Bush told the US that WMDs were in Iraq. He either just got lucky, the other guy didn't know their worth or something else is up. That's just my opinion, but I hope they're fine for Analytical Delusion and I'll be interested in what he has to say about them.

(I've seen people sell DVD-R's and CD-R's as the real thing in the past, especially on eBay. I've even seen one guy bring a CD-R he burned from MP3s and claim he bought it at a BestBuy and wanted to trade it back for one that worked. People will do anything.)
ect5150
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
DB DBox color corrections & DBox color corrections.

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:35 pm

ect5150 wrote:
SonEric84 wrote:I bet they're fine, when I first saw the auction is was listed at 95 dollars, he probably just tried lowering the price to see if it would sell. If you read the description you'll see that the discs have never been played and he told Analytical Delusion it was in pristine condition.
And Bush told the US that WMDs were in Iraq. He either just got lucky, the other guy didn't know their worth or something else is up. That's just my opinion, but I hope they're fine for Analytical Delusion and I'll be interested in what he has to say about them.

(I've seen people sell DVD-R's and CD-R's as the real thing in the past, especially on eBay. I've even seen one guy bring a CD-R he burned from MP3s and claim he bought it at a BestBuy and wanted to trade it back for one that worked. People will do anything.)

Yeah, I'm definitely not saying there's no chance that there's something suspicious...I'm not a trusting person, but this looks like the real thing. I mean the guy probably just doesn't know what he has or maybe he just doesn't think there's much of a market for Japanese language only DVDs in America. Either way we'll find out soon enough. And yeah, you're right people will do anything.

Milton
Patreon Supporter

Post by Milton » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:53 pm

HA! Now he's selling the Scouters he paid $400 for.

Check it out.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:57 pm

Damn it all... It really seems that whenever I leave for an extended amount of time I miss out on something cool like this! I was ready to blow my Comic-Con budget on this too! :(

Oh well. Congratualtions on your purchase! :D