Live Action Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:00 am

desirecampbell wrote:you'll enjoy a live action Dragon Ball movie that has A) little or no connection to the source B) terribly directed action sequences C) bad acting D) big explosions.
Wow, I think you just described every Power Rangers fan out there. Looks like I'm gonna LOVE this movie.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:22 am

JAPPO wrote:It's french.. http://dragonballfilm.over-blog.com/art ... 01581.html

Most likely Roshi's island, though no pictures have been "officially" confirmed, including this.
*IMAGE*
ZOMG~! Master R0shi's Isl4nd is smaller tahn that! M0Vie will suck!!! :evil:

I'm joking.
This is supposed to be a mature forum for discussion
*flashbacks to the mushroom cloud thread* We all have our moments. >.<

Wow, I think you just described every Power Rangers fan out there. Looks like I'm gonna LOVE this movie.
The PR series, like the first Pokemon series, were the best ones, and shouldn't be grouped with the other crap that comes from the series.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:48 am

Eriko Tamura (Mai) blog post:

"Shooting is going really well! Everyone is surprised. My part is very interesting, but I still cannot talk about it. Jim, Producer Tim, and Peter, who had flown to the set the day before yesterday, as well as the crew, are all in good spirits.

My wardrobe is very diverse, and it takes a long a time to put on the make up and decide the clothes I wear for certain scenes. Some of the wardrobe for certain scenes has not appeared as of yet. A studio movie like this is a very time consuming job for everyone.

Moreover, I am very honored to be working with the competent Chow Yun Fat. Our first scene filmed together was last week, for 2 or more hours, in the interior of a mountain. We met, and he greeted me very kindly. We were able to talk, and he seems like an interesting, gentle person."

Basically:

Mai will have a scene with Master Roshi

Cast and crew are in "high spirits"
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

VEGETA_DTX
Beyond Newbie

Post by VEGETA_DTX » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:57 am

SonEric84 wrote:
Conan the SSJ wrote:
VEGETA_DTX wrote:@desirecampbell Should I take this as a complement or...? you knwo sometimes I have hard ime understanding the grammar... lol :D

@SSj Kaboom, yes I agree Magic begins sucked incredibly, but I really really don't see WHY is this any better? Is it just because it's High budghet?!
does just one word "high budged" tells all? What about the actual look of the movie and it's story???
If you just want a movie cuz of special effects, than I can make you one :D and then you can join our "against" side, c'mooon we have cookieeeees :D
Okay, whereas before you were forcing your opinion down everyone's throats like it's fact, now you're just being a prick. Both in your choices of apparently deliberate horrible grammar/spelling, as well as talking us down in a childish and annoying "I'm so innocent :D" manner. Seriously, stop. This is supposed to be a mature forum for discussion, at least Jappo can keep that in mind much more often than yourself.

I don't think he was trying to be a "prick," looks to me like he was just kidding around.
Yes, I was 100% joking for Kami's sake... I said that in next post...
SonEric84, don't worry, don't you see the guy is trying to act cool and adult...

Conan the SSJ, quote me: when I forced my opinion to someone? when I was sooo bad in spelling?(grammar is bad, I admit) and especially - WHEN WAS I "PRICK"!?
Ok, feel free, find it and qoute it :evil:

Let me just do a small presentation of how people threat me on this forum(not just me, probably most of ppl who have different opinion)
Ok, ban me after this, whatever, just let me say this and don't erase this post please:

Me: complaining about the movie...with much "!!!!!!!" :D

I'm_prejudice_adult_smartass: how dare you complain! you throllish crap! shut up! go home! you can't connect a damn sentance and yet you dare to complain! you childish idiot, stop this, seriously! (mind wisper: oooh god, it feels so good to play smart ass, and to bully people like him)

Me: :( I was offensive towards movie, not to members, why the hell you flame me?

I'm_prejudice_adult_smartass:(mind whisper: cuz I enjoy in bullying other people, and yet I sound so smart ass, yeah it feels so good to be bad) Cuz you are one throllish and childish crap, shut up and stop making throllish offtopic! go home...

another_prejudice_adult_smartass: Yeah, seriously, GO HOME! fuck your self, if you don't like the movie then don't fucking watch it!(mind whisper: oh man I sound so smart, even though I just proved I don't care for DB at all and nothing esle...)

VegetoEX: what is happening here? hey hey hey I'll lock this thread if this continues(this is not quote, it's metaphorical ofcrs, just like whole this presentation....)

80%_who_posted_in_this_thread *showing on VEGETA_DTX with index finger* ITS DTX!!! ITS DTX!!! HE flamed us all! and yeah! his grammar is horrible and spelling even worse!!! we are innocent!!!

Me: (mind wisper: I hate humans... :evil: ) But I was not the one who started this, I even havent flamed back anyone! though I do admit my grammar is bad...

I'm_prejudice_adult_smartass: GO HOOOME DTX!!! (mind whisper: oooh that felt soooo gooood!!!)

I hate humans... :evil:

That's all, now do what you want....
Last edited by VEGETA_DTX on Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
DESTROY ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AMV - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbMROjUPpgg
http://vegetareviews.blogspot.com/2011/12/bardock.html

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:05 am

Man, I don't even know what's going on in here anymore.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:07 am

Your grammar and spelling isn't really all that great, DTX. It makes you an easy target. In fact, the only easier target than that is Gen Fukunaga in a pimp hat and a leisure suit slapping scantily-clad season sets around.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:26 am

One: VEGETA_DTX, simmer down. Simmer. You need to post clear, concise, grammatically correct sentences and paragraphs, not this rambling you're doing. You seem like a nice guy, just lay off the caffeine.

Two: Everyone, regardless of what you think about the film, stay civil, stay on topic. I don't know why this thread is even still open, but let's not give Mike more reason to close it.

Three: The topic, for those that have forgotten, is 'Dragon Ball live action move: discuss'. This is the new information that may have been missed:
JAPPO wrote:crew update:
The Hollywood Reporter has revealed a few more crew members working on Dragonball.
Mayes C. Rubeo (Apocalypto, Fox's upcoming Avatar) is the Costume Designer.
Joe Pancake (Spider-Man 2, Pirates Of The Carribean) is working on the Special Effects.
Bruton Jones (Underworld) is the Production Designer.

Also, IMDB seems to confirm something we reported a while ago that Amalgamated Dynamics Inc. will be working on the film. You can check out some of ADI's amazing work here.
---
Dragon Ball Movie Blog
JAPPO wrote:It's french.. http://dragonballfilm.over-blog.com/art ... 01581.html
Most likely Roshi's island, though no pictures have been "officially" confirmed, including this.
http://www.spanishexperiencecenter.com/ ... 202big.jpg
JAPPO wrote:Eriko Tamura (Mai) blog post:
"Shooting is going really well! Everyone is surprised. My part is very interesting, but I still cannot talk about it. Jim, Producer Tim, and Peter, who had flown to the set the day before yesterday, as well as the crew, are all in good spirits.
My wardrobe is very diverse, and it takes a long a time to put on the make up and decide the clothes I wear for certain scenes. Some of the wardrobe for certain scenes has not appeared as of yet. A studio movie like this is a very time consuming job for everyone.
Moreover, I am very honored to be working with the competent Chow Yun Fat. Our first scene filmed together was last week, for 2 or more hours, in the interior of a mountain. We met, and he greeted me very kindly. We were able to talk, and he seems like an interesting, gentle person."

Basically:
Mai will have a scene with Master Roshi
Cast and crew are in "high spirits"
So, 'what does everyone think about that?'

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:41 pm

I still don't see myself enjoying this movie, it just doesn't seem right. I have a feeling when my friend finds out about it that he's going to want me to go see it with him though.
Trans rights, now!

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:56 pm

No one cares about the news, desire. They have their mind set on hating it no matter what.

Therefore, I will not be posting any more news. Do it yourself.
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:39 pm

I think we need to see who's playing ChiChi again.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:13 pm

I don't think I'll have a fully formed opinion til I see the trailer. TT_TT

That beach looks nice though.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:27 pm

JAPPO wrote:No one cares about the news, desire. They have their mind set on hating it no matter what.

Therefore, I will not be posting any more news. Do it yourself.
There, there. I'm pretty sure a few of us actually rely on you to post these information as quickly as possible. (And you're the first one to post most of the info). I haven't said anything on this subject yet because my thoughts on this movie currently contradict my other opinions. This movie is one of the most controversial project that it's only natural that people would not favor it. Some people are extremely aggressive when they talk about the movie, and that's completely fine. I'm not saying that assholes don't exist, however, because they do. They would just repeat the same thing over, and over, and over again, too lazy to back their opinions. I'm not a fan of desire's aggressive debating style, BUT at least he backed up his opinion differently each time without trying to turn them into fact, forcing others to think the same way. Keep posting those news, and if anybody spams with just a single sentence similar to "THATZ GAY LAWLZ", just think of them as fuck tards. I'll say no more in this topic.

By the way, with DTX in danger of being banned from the internet, your news should get assy comments from one less moron.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:33 pm

Meh... just give NEWS, and not insulting opinions.
Peace out.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]