Live Action Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:14 am

Jerseymilk wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:For Piccolo, I'm thinking Vin Diesel, but not certain -
That is such a huge insult to Piccolo that I think Kami-sama's palace just tilted. :cry:

haha Seriously, that guy has starred in some of the worst movies ever. And the acting....makes you think ANYONE can get a career in Hollywood.

mystic trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mystic trunks » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:56 am

I say robin shou for goku and Johnny Nguyen or donnie yen for vegeta.

Gaiash
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gaiash » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:37 pm

Don't get your hopes up on who will play everyone, Goku will probably end up being played by Ben Stiller anyway.
Proud Advanceshipper (Ash+May)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:57 pm

I'm going to avoid worrying about casting/plot at least until I get the Podcast's take on this movie.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Contra Deus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Contra Deus » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:19 pm

SonEric84 wrote:
Jerseymilk wrote:
That is such a huge insult to Piccolo that I think Kami-sama's palace just tilted. :cry:

haha Seriously, that guy has starred in some of the worst movies ever. And the acting....makes you think ANYONE can get a career in Hollywood.
I don't know, I thought he was amazing in Pitch Black.

Chronicles of Riddick sucked, though.

Onikage725
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Onikage725 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:52 pm

Contra Deus wrote:
SonEric84 wrote:
Jerseymilk wrote: That is such a huge insult to Piccolo that I think Kami-sama's palace just tilted. :cry:

I don't know, I thought he was amazing in Pitch Black.

Chronicles of Riddick sucked, though.
Yeah, Diesel has a tendency to overact, and has been in some stinkers, but he isn't entirely without talent. I think Riddick is badass. Both films are proud additions to my DVD library, and the Xbox game is all sorts of amazing (with a remake I hear on the way for 360, sort of like an enhanced Director's Cut). He's also a D&D geek and gamer, and a bit of a dork if you see him in r/l. I think Riddick is kinda like his inner personification of how he wishes he was, kinda like whenever I fuck up I tend to think "now how would Piccolo have handled that." Oh god, that makes it sound like I'm supporting him for the casting, which I wouldn't. All the same, he's like your average nerd, if the happened to take steroids and score some big-screen roles.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:18 am

In case anyone's curious or if this is of any help:

http://whois-proxy.web.aol.com/cgi-bin/ ... zmovie.com

http://whois-proxy.web.aol.com/cgi-bin/ ... lmovie.com

Both of the above are owned by Funi.

http://whois-proxy.web.aol.com/cgi-bin/ ... emovie.com

Owned by FOX.

Gulp?
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:34 am

Those domains were all registered years ago, back when it was first announced that Fox acquired the rights. It doesn't necessarily mean they're doing anything, since big companies often register domains arbitrarily for things they might use at some point, even if they don't even have the rights secured yet.
-Rachel

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:39 am

TripleRach wrote:Those domains were all registered years ago, back when it was first announced that Fox acquired the rights. It doesn't necessarily mean they're doing anything, since big companies often register domains arbitrarily for things they might use at some point, even if they don't even have the rights secured yet.

*Feels at ease*

Thank you. :3

The fact that the FOX one expires this coming May helps as well.

(I'm sorry guys, I'm just overly concerned about them mutilating Goku's personality/character development).
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:44 am

Chuquita wrote:The fact that the FOX one expires this coming May helps as well.
They could always pay to extend it

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:23 am

SonEric84 wrote:
Jerseymilk wrote:

Vin Diesel's best performance was a robot who could barely talk. (The Iron Giant)

Anyway, I pray FOX doesn't renew any rights. Seriously, if this movie ever gets made, it will forever go in the same pile as The Magic Begins as far as I'm concerned. And don't anyone give me flak about labeling a movie before it's even made because the label I'm giving it is "Live Action Dragon Ball Movie Very Loosely Based On Dragon Ball Made For The Sole Purpose Of Making Money For Non-Japanese"

Toniofalcon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Toniofalcon » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:28 am

BTW all of the Sons ( inculding Chi Chi ) must be azn becuz in Volume 2 after Piccolo gives yung Go-han the apples Gohan complains and says that he wants Dim Sum. He said that he fucking wants Dim Sum, damn it. Not fierd chieken, not tukery, not takkos. Dim fucking Sum.

Bitch.

PS I'm going to see this movie on day one just to see how ridiculous it is.

Oh, and ^^^ See: Yu Gi Oh movie.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:45 am

Toniofalcon wrote:BTW all of the Sons ( inculding Chi Chi ) must be azn becuz in Volume 2 after Piccolo gives yung Go-han the apples Gohan complains and says that he wants Dim Sum. He said that he fucking wants Dim Sum, damn it. Not fierd chieken, not tukery, not takkos. Dim fucking Sum.

Bitch.
if i was farmer id prolly farm corn.

-Corey

Toniofalcon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Toniofalcon » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:56 am

NO U WOULDn'T , U'd farm egrollz.

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Vegard Aune » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:57 am

Toniofalcon wrote:BTW all of the Sons ( inculding Chi Chi ) must be azn becuz in Volume 2 after Piccolo gives yung Go-han the apples Gohan complains and says that he wants Dim Sum. He said that he fucking wants Dim Sum, damn it. Not fierd chieken, not tukery, not takkos. Dim fucking Sum.

Bitch.

Oh, and ^^^ See: Yu Gi Oh movie.
Toniofalcon wrote:NO U WOULDn'T , U'd farm egrollz.
Seriously, read the rules. I can hardly even understand what you're saying.

Dragon Ball Daisuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon Ball Daisuki » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:19 am

I love, love, LOVE that the discussion has already devolved to hypothetical casting choices (again?), Vin Diesel's film career, and most importantly, "fierd chieken, tukery, takkos and egrollz".

(;

Toniofalcon --->

Everyone in DB's world eats Japanese foods. When was the last time you saw Bulma (or any other "western" character) chowing down on a burger and fries, or a pizza even? As stated above, the identity of the audience pervades all source material, so really, this is inconclusive proof both ways. By the same token, a non-Japanese Goku wouldn't necessarily be inappropriate for an American audience, given too many liberties weren't taken with the character. Really, Son Goku doesn't have too many OVERTLY Japanese characteristics.

This opinion isn't really new. Given the "discussion" up to this point and the propensity toward negative assumptions, I'm sure many are taking the same course of action. Please refrain from posting if you're not bringing anything relatively new to the table.
For yer health!

Contra Deus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Contra Deus » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:45 am

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Samuel L. Jackson for the role of Piccolo yet. Not that I'd want him for the part, but I've heard people in the DB fandom before mention Jackson (or Denzel) for the role of a live-action Piccolo.

Toniofalcon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Toniofalcon » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:31 pm

Vegard Aune wrote: Seriously, read the rules. I can hardly even understand what you're saying.
I did read the rules. That entire post was a joke. However, if you want to make yourself feel like you're so smart with your long winded pretentious posts then go ahead. Rip me apart. Nothing against you, but I just get the vibe that that entire post was out to make me look like an idiot...which I am not. Just a person who was trying to make a joke that doesn't fly hear because apparently everyone is up tight.

This isn't even the first time that I have posted on this forum (obviously), let alone this thread.

Oh, and I think...uh...John Leguizamo should play Krillin. Just so I can have " something new to bring to the table".

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Vegard Aune » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:08 pm

Toniofalcon wrote:
Vegard Aune wrote: Seriously, read the rules. I can hardly even understand what you're saying.
I did read the rules. That entire post was a joke. However, if you want to make yourself feel like you're so smart with your long winded pretentious posts then go ahead. Rip me apart. Nothing against you, but I just get the vibe that that entire post was out to make me look like an idiot...which I am not. Just a person who was trying to make a joke that doesn't fly hear because apparently everyone is up tight.
Okay, sorry. I tend to see a lot of people who actually type like that all the time, so I didn't realise that it was a joke.

Toniofalcon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Toniofalcon » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:11 pm

Don't worry, I've learned my lesson.