Who is the most useless DB character?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Who is the most useless DB character?

Post by AnzuMazaki » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:28 pm

Who do you think is the most useless DB character?

Come one spill it out, it could be Oolong, It could be Vegeta, or it could be the humans.

Just say who you think are the most useless characters.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:32 pm

Everyone, run for your lives! Rocketman's charging this way at full speed!
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:32 pm

Gohan. :mrgreen:

EDIT:
SSj Kaboom wrote:That was awfully anticlimatic.
Anticlimactic? You mean like how the big reveal after the seven year gap when the supposed protector of Earth and strongest being in the universe is a dumbass high schooler with greasy cheeto-stained fingers from watching reruns of The View all day instead of going out and training to protect the people who are his responsibility like someone in his position is supposed to do? And then how he gets a LITERAL deus ex machina so he can suddenly be the big fat hero again, and tens of thousands of poster masturbate for hours over this because he's bulmafucking Gohan and is thus somehow exempt of all the regular ways of gaining some power that DB/Z heros have to do as long as people can fap to him being a pansy-ass candymunching softboiled piece of technicolor crap with HIDDEN POWAHS of POWEH HIDDENNESS and POTENTIASLSDFSJSJNC
Last edited by Rocketman on Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:32 pm

Rocketman wrote:Gohan. :mrgreen:
That was awfully anticlimatic.
deviantART
[thread]

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:17 am

Chaozu.

Not that I have anything against the little guy, but he never really accomplished anything. He fought Krillin at the tournament and lost, he paralysed Goku a few times during the 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai finals, which after Tenshinhan discovered, he allowed Goku a few free hits to make them even, he got killed by Piccolo Daimao when he tried to stop him from making his wish and finally he committed suicide trying to take Nappa with him... and failed.

Even a character like Yajirobe was more use than Chaozu. And all Yajirobe ever did was kill (and eat) Cymbal, take Goku to Korin Tower, eat Korin's Senzu Beans and cut off Vegeta's tail. (Who's willing to bet that he ate the tail too? :P)

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:26 am

Rocketman wrote:Gohan. :mrgreen:

EDIT:
SSj Kaboom wrote:That was awfully anticlimatic.
Anticlimactic? You mean like how the big reveal after the seven year gap when the supposed protector of Earth and strongest being in the universe is a dumbass high schooler with greasy cheeto-stained fingers from watching reruns of The View all day instead of going out and training to protect the people who are his responsibility like someone in his position is supposed to do? And then how he gets a LITERAL deus ex machina so he can suddenly be the big fat hero again, and tens of thousands of posters masturbate for hours over this because he's bulmafucking Gohan and is thus somehow exempt of all the regular ways of gaining some power that DB/Z heros have to do as long as people can fap to him being a pansy-ass candymunching softboiled piece of technicolor crap with HIDDEN POWAHS of POWEH HIDDENNESS and POTENTIASLSDFSJSJNC
Thaaaat's better. Thank you.
deviantART
[thread]

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:31 am

I much prefer Buu saga Gohan to whiny, annoying Cell saga Gohan.
Trunks & Goten forever

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:33 am

I was originally going to say Buu's dog (Bee, Bay, whatever you want to call him), but he got shot, causing Buu to split, so I'll say Gyu-Mao. Other than the first few chapters he appeared, he does absolutely nothing throught DB, Z and GT. He just stands there and cheers when the bad guy dies. :P
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:39 am

That guy that Goku almost KO's in one hit in the capital when he goes to see Bulma.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:41 am

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece wrote:That guy that Goku almost KO's in one hit in the capital when he goes to see Bulma.
But he gave Goku the money with which he could ask that woman where a policeman was, who would then take him to Bulma's house and keep the Red Ribbon arc going until the 22nd Budokai.

So nyah. :P
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:47 am

Yamu. What did he actually do that Babidi couldn't have done telepathically?
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Toniofalcon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Toniofalcon » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:50 am

Rocketman wrote:
Anticlimactic? You mean like how the big reveal after the seven year gap when the supposed protector of Earth and strongest being in the universe is a dumbass high schooler with greasy cheeto-stained fingers from watching reruns of The View all day instead of going out and training to protect the people who are his responsibility like someone in his position is supposed to do? And then how he gets a LITERAL deus ex machina so he can suddenly be the big fat hero again, and tens of thousands of poster masturbate for hours over this because he's bulmafucking Gohan and is thus somehow exempt of all the regular ways of gaining some power that DB/Z heros have to do as long as people can fap to him being a pansy-ass candymunching softboiled piece of technicolor crap with HIDDEN POWAHS of POWEH HIDDENNESS and POTENTIASLSDFSJSJNC
That's my biggest complaint of the entire series. Gohan SJJ2 was my favorite character. It showed that Gohan could change, it brought hope that maybe he'd step up. But he pussed out and stopped straining for 7 years and now he's nothing. Mystic Gohan was a damned joke. He pissed away all that " hidden power" when he decided to stop training and not even try to control it.

Oh, most useless character? Maron. Maybe she was useful...maybe she "helped" Krillin out and give him " motivation". And while we're on things that aren't cannon.... most everyone who isn't Goku, Vegeta, Pan, and Trunks in GT are pretty much useless.

TheJoo87
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TheJoo87 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:34 pm

Chaotzu

Runner ups
Paur
Oolong

They seem to be little sidekicks to Tien, Yamcha, and Bulma to an extent.
And I never liked them. Plus it gets weird later in the Boo saga when there's no animal people at all and you see a talking pig and cat thing walking around. Toriyama has this knack of keeping useless characters around and it's pointless.
"What do you get when you cross an owl with a bungee cord? My Ass... ah ha ha ha."-Master Pain (Betty)

"Remember children, if you are walking on your way home and you see a downed power line, eat a lot of hot dogs very quickly." - Takeru Kobayashi on snl.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:20 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Sun May 01, 2011 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Toniofalcon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Toniofalcon » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:45 pm

Had to make more room for Goku.

ssorcd

Post by ssorcd » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:47 pm

I tend to disregard stuff from GT due to the sheer awefulness however Giru by far is a more useless and annoying character than any other from DB and DBZ.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:24 pm

I can't pick anyone. All of them serve some sort of purpose at one point or another in the series.

Contra Deus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Contra Deus » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:34 pm

What about Colonel Violet from the Red Ribbon arc? WTF did she even do other than run off with the RRA's treasure? Whatever happened to her anyway?

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:41 pm

Contra Deus wrote:What about Colonel Violet from the Red Ribbon arc? WTF did she even do other than run off with the RRA's treasure? Whatever happened to her anyway?
She didn't even do that in the manga. :lol:

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:45 am

Her purose: showing that the RRA has female officers and that some didn't die. o.o
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).