Character Bashing Topic

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaiyaMel
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyaMel » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:52 am

Just a side note..

The leg and arm rings appear to be a traditionally Saiyan thing - no one else under Freeza are seen wearing them from what i can remember..
Just Saiyan...

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:26 am

caejones wrote:Hmm, now I want to write a character analysis paper on Raditz. Instead I'll just settle for this post.

(Note: the following text was edited out simply to preserve it's brilliance - Maphisto86).
Wow... I agree whole heartedly with all of you when it concerns Raditz. Still Caejones you just made me appreciate his death a little more. It isin't that he died so early in the series that bugs me. It's that Raditz is only mentioned briefly in passing for the rest of the Saiyan saga and then never again in the series. Even in the filler we do not see him... Raditz is also only mentioned in passing by his father in the Bardock special. It would have been nice to see Goku face his older brother again.

Nevertheless, I always admired that, other than Cell, Raditz was the only villain who caused Goku to die. Not to mention the battle is one of the best in the series and it is awesome how Goku sacrifices his life showing that despite his naivety he is a true hero in every sense. I also believe that Goku's sacrifice was the beginning of Piccolo's redemption despite achieving his long sought dream of killing his hated enemy.
SaiyaMel wrote:Just a side note..

The leg and arm rings appear to be a traditionally Saiyan thing - no one else under Freeza are seen wearing them from what i can remember..
Hmm... I noticed that too. No non-Saiyan henchmen of Freeza's ever wear those. Still I have seen on more than one site that people like to poke fun at Raditz's *ahem* "girdles". :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am glad I can discuss something like Dragonball in depth with you lot. Good times! :wink: :D

Suupaa Gohan 2
Regular

Post by Suupaa Gohan 2 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:29 am

SaiyaMel wrote:Just a side note..

That doesn't mean it's a traditional Saiyajin thing and shouldn't be assumed so unless it were stated in the series - either way you look at it Radditz is the only one seen wearing one. I don't think Freeza's influence versus typical Saiyajin culture before that has to do with it; I think it's just a matter of Radditz' personal style.
Steam Name: SG2
Discord Tag: Esjitu#4064

"I came to save you thanks to a magic bean. And if you think it was easy to find that bean, you're wrong."
--'Big Green' Yajirobe

Carrie
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Carrie » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:22 am

Maphisto86 wrote: I also believe that Goku's sacrifice was the beginning of Piccolo's redemption despite achieving his long sought dream of killing his hated enemy.
Poor Piccolo. Killing your hated enemy is no fun if he's encouraging you to do it. :evil:
[quote="Rocketman"]
He (Gohan) is weaker. He has the fighting spirit of a wet noodle soaked in water until it barely resembles a noodle. A pebble is tougher than Gohan, because you could conceivably trip on a rock and stub your toe, while Gohan would yield like so much melted pudding. Vanilla pudding. Because he's too pansy-ass to have a strong flavor if he was pudding. Pure water has more flavor than hypothetical Gohan-pudding.

.... I think I lost where I was going there.[/quote]

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:59 am

I think Raditz not being mentioned much afterward kinda adds to his character... because he was Goku's brother and te first saiyan he ever fought, and at the end of the day, he's forgotten... which gos to show that no matter how important one thinks one's self, there is always a path that leads to being forgotten to the world.
(Still would have liked more Raditz mentionings or filler appearances, though! )
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Terra-jin
Regular

Post by Terra-jin » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:14 pm

I wonder how Raditz would've reacted if he found out about Goku's becoming the Super Saiyan and subsequent victory over Freeza... would he be proud or envious?
"Kakarot..? A Super Saiyan? My God... so the legend is true? My own brother! And he's defeated Freeza?? How can that be after he's reduced to a mere Earthling? A weak-willed, emotional sissy has become our race's greatest triumph?"
It's all GOOD

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:21 pm

Terra-jin wrote:I wonder how Raditz would've reacted if he found out about Goku's becoming the Super Saiyan and subsequent victory over Freeza... would he be proud or envious?
"Kakarot..? A Super Saiyan? My God... so the legend is true? My own brother! And he's defeated Freeza?? How can that be after he's reduced to a mere Earthling? A weak-willed, emotional sissy has become our race's greatest triumph?"
I could see him being more proud, since Goku obviously wasn't as sissy as he thought, since Raditz is dead and all.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:44 am

Rocketman wrote:I could see him being more proud, since Goku obviously wasn't as sissy as he thought, since Raditz is dead and all.
True. Raditz did originally want Goku to take pride in what it meant to be a Saiya-jin and take sides with him, and no matter what "Kakarotto" may have been as an Earthling he did still fulfill one of the Saiya people's greatest legends all by himself. I think in that way, Raditz would have been able to take pride in his brother-- albeit with a shocked denial at first, and then (eventually) in a smriking "How did that bastard do it?!" kind of way.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by AnzuMazaki » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:01 pm

I love the humans because of them being close to Goku in the original Dragonball.

Sure, they're too "geeky and weak and retarded" but they are my favourite characters.

Kuririn for example, is bashed because Vegeta is "Goku's best friend", not him. Vegeta and Goku are rivals, sure Kuririn is carrying shpopping bags, hundred miles from Goku who is fighting whatever bad guy is threatening the world but Goku still considers him his best friend.

But as least he dosen't get as much shit as Yamcha and Chichi.

Bulma hooked up with Vegeta, big deal but no reason to call Yamcha a Sadomachistic-man-whore freak and have him sleep with ten thousand woman and almost kill Bulma (That's not his style, he's terrified of women and he wouldn't hurt a fly unless he had too, sure he looked at women so did Bulma with other men!)

and Chichi is called a "bitch" for no reason, sure she has tantrums, but that's because she's is worried about her babies.
Having a tantrum is her way of letting her anger out, think about it

Britney Spears is more of a "bitch" than Chichi, she parties, get's stoned and drunk and she dosen't give a danm about her children.

the "Chichi is a bitch" thing is just an excuse to pair Goku up with Vegeta (or your Mary-sue or Bulma, though I like GxB)

and Yeah Raditz would taken pride in his brother going Super Saiyan, Barodck would have been too if he hadn't been reincarnated.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:37 pm

AnzuMazaki wrote:Bardock would have been too if he hadn't been reincarnated.
Say what now? :?
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:05 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
AnzuMazaki wrote:Bardock would have been too if he hadn't been reincarnated.
Say what now? :?
It's the canon DBAF. Xicor wishes Bardock back to life and then fuses with him to be able to see into the future so that he can block Mega Oolongs attacks.

I say, Rocketman, my respect for you have risen. You write more serious posts nowadays! I'm serious.