DragonBall Z Season 4 Set...

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

gregorthegame
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gregorthegame » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:31 pm

Vegeta and Number 19...

PS3 ID: GregorTheGame

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:34 pm

Nice, Trunks, Vegeta, & Goku are all looking nice.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

gregorthegame
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gregorthegame » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:34 pm

Vegeta and Number 19 part 2...

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:35 pm

Hmmm...Big Bang Attack looks blurry...Maybe that's the way it's supposed to look in that particular scene.
*Dodges rocks*

gregorthegame
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gregorthegame » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:37 pm

Dr. Gero and others...

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:38 pm

Lavender Saiyan wrote:Hmmm...Big Bang Attack looks blurry...Maybe that's the way it's supposed to look in that particular scene.
That's because the screen is wavy during that scene.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:40 pm

Ah, ok...*whew*...I was almost certain that that was the case, but I couldn't be 100% sure given that I know there should be a clear part somewhere during that scene.

Also, I have another question...Does Disc 6 have a Trailer for Season 5? If so could you post up a cap of the Box Art?
*Dodges rocks*

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:41 pm

These don't look that bad..

(though I'm still hoping someone wants to rid themselves of their old Funi releases of the Jinzoningen/Cell arcs)

..Somebody?

..Anybody!? :P

gregorthegame
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gregorthegame » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:44 pm

Lavender Saiyan wrote:WOAH!! Sabat hasn't re-done Vegeta? But that means he's still doing that high pitched Vegeta. I figured they'd atleast go through the Cell Era having him re-do.
Vegeta sounds exactly the same... No new dialogue it seems but then again... I didn't watch everything yet only glanced thru it pretty much... from what I've heard/watched there is no new dialogue at all for Vegeta.

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:49 pm

gregorthegame wrote:
Lavender Saiyan wrote:WOAH!! Sabat hasn't re-done Vegeta? But that means he's still doing that high pitched Vegeta. I figured they'd atleast go through the Cell Era having him re-do.
Vegeta sounds exactly the same... No new dialogue it seems but then again... I didn't watch everything yet only glanced thru it pretty much... from what I've heard/watched there is no new dialogue at all for Vegeta.
Well even in Season 3 there wasn't new dialouge, just a re-record of the same lines. But you said he also sounds the same. That's a huge dissapointment to me, I was looking forward to more re-done Vegeta.
*Dodges rocks*

gregorthegame
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gregorthegame » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:53 pm

Lavender Saiyan wrote:Ah, ok...*whew*...I was almost certain that that was the case, but I couldn't be 100% sure given that I know there should be a clear part somewhere during that scene.

Also, I have another question...Does Disc 6 have a Trailer for Season 5? If so could you post up a cap of the Box Art?
Yes... Yes it does... I just took a pic of the extras section, give me a few seconds..

BTW only 26 episodes on season 5... what a joke less episodes each time.
Last edited by gregorthegame on Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gregorthegame
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gregorthegame » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:57 pm

Season 4 Disc 6 Extras Section pics...

Saiyan BayBays

Post by Saiyan BayBays » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:57 pm

Damn... I was hoping they would re-record the big bang scene so Vegeta would call out the attack :x

gregorthegame
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gregorthegame » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:59 pm

Saiyan BayBays wrote:Damn... I was hoping they would re-record the big bang scene so Vegeta would call out the attack :x
Nope... he says "Hahahaha... Here it cooooooooooooomes!!!" Same line as before.

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:00 pm

I can't say I'm surprised at the 26 Episode count...They want to try and stay on a Saga-like basis. So Season 6 will likely have the complete Cell Games Saga (29 Episodes).

But that Box Art looks really nice...I'd say it's close to rivaling Season 3 for best Cover art.

But what's the deal with an advertisement for that DB Movies 2-4 Box Set? That's been out forever.
*Dodges rocks*

gregorthegame
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gregorthegame » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:05 pm

Lavender Saiyan wrote:I can't say I'm surprised at the 26 Episode count...They want to try and stay on a Saga-like basis. So Season 6 will likely have the complete Cell Games Saga (29 Episodes).
Yeah.. But why call it a season? lol Could have caled it a Saga...
But that Box Art looks really nice...I'd say it's close to rivaling Season 3 for best Cover art.
I agree on that the Cover art does look cool..

gregorthegame
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gregorthegame » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:06 pm

Lavender Saiyan wrote:But what's the deal with an advertisement for that DB Movies 2-4 Box Set? That's been out forever.
They're re-releasing them like these editions... widescreen. "Remastered"...

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:08 pm

gregorthegame wrote:
Lavender Saiyan wrote:I can't say I'm surprised at the 26 Episode count...They want to try and stay on a Saga-like basis. So Season 6 will likely have the complete Cell Games Saga (29 Episodes).
Yeah.. But why call it a season? lol Could have caled it a Saga...
Cause, FUNi likes to baffle people XD...If they plan on maintaining a Saga count through the entire release then this could be my guess...

Season 6 - Entire Cell Games (29 Episodes)
Season 7 - Saiyaman, World Tournament, & Babidi (37 Episodes)
Season 8 - Majin Buu Saga (22 Episodes)
Season 9 - Fusion & Kid Buu (38 Episodes)
They're re-releasing them like these editions... widescreen. "Remastered"...
Hmmm, you sure about that? If they are I'm debating whether to buy them again...They're Movies so Widescreen is fine...If the remastering is nice it may be worth it. Esspecially if Stephanie Nadolny Re-Dubs Goku in the Movies that she didn't Dub him.
*Dodges rocks*

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:29 pm

Problem is, Season 5 will be only 26 episodes. Will that be covering the rest of the Androids/Cell arc?

About that DB movies set, do they actually say it'll be remastered? I seriously doubt they said anything about it being wide-screen, considering FUNi dropped that advertising slogan after Season 1. By the looks of it, and from what GoC has said, it's only a thin-pack re-release; which makes very little sense to have a trailer made for.
14 years later

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:38 pm

Bah... this is looking worse IMO, as bad as their original releases in some shots.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]