DragonBall Z Season 4 Set...

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

gregorthegame
Not-So-Newbie

DragonBall Z Season 4 Set...

Post by gregorthegame » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:54 pm

I'm on here a lot... just was too busy to register for a while but I had to take some time to type this up, since I seen no one else has... Anyways, I received a package from Rightstuf.com on Saturday afternoon.. and it was m DragonBall Z Season 4 set.

--I opended it up and Immediately went to Episode 139 to see if the insert song "MIND POWER Ki" was there. I was 50/50 on it being there and it wasn't there... just pure silence as Trunks talks, better then the Faulconer shit but still I was hoping one of my favorite insert songs would be there... I hope they add "Spirit vs. Spirit" when Gohan turns SSJ2... Why they do not add many insert songs is beyond me. Luckily, in episode 120 "Another Super Saiyan", Battle Power infinity IS There...

--The audio during the eye catchers and the title screen in some of the episodes namely 120 "Another Super Saiyan" is cracky... very cracky.. another problem... Frieza's English voice... is it suposed to be like that? or is it just bad recording because Frieza's voice has sort of like an echo... probably couldn't hear it before because of Faulconer's music..

--The Colors look better on the characters, not as pale as the previous sets, probably a bit better than the Season 3 set.. However the picture tends to shake a lot.. Character movement like Dr. Gero in certain spots looks totally weird... like he's 3D but not 3D (if that makes sense)... There also seems to be of grain on certain episodes... while other episodes appear to have none...

--New voice recordings... Trunks in some parts sounds like he was redone, however it could be that there is no music now in certain parts (thank god)

--Screenshots.. um. if anyone knows a good program, I could probably take some for you all, I don't really watch DVDs on my computer but I'd be more than happy to do so since I have a lot of free time tonight and tomorrow. Any other questions you all have, feel free to ask.
PS3 ID: GregorTheGame

Freeza93
Beyond Newbie

Re: DragonBall Z Season 4 Set...

Post by Freeza93 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:04 pm

gregorthegame wrote: --I opended it up and Immediately went to Episode 139 to see if the insert song "MIND POWER Ki" was there. I was 50/50 on it being there and it wasn't there... just pure silence as Trunks talks, better then the Faulconer shit but still I was hoping one of my favorite insert songs would be there...
I like both Japanese and English with Japaneses bmg audio tracks, but it looks like i will have to watch this box set with the Japanese one. It's a scene when the music is needed.
I finally bought a gamecube. To bad they don't make any games for it now.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:43 pm

Screenshots.. um. if anyone knows a good program, I could probably take some for you
I hope I get mine on Monday... I really want to do a dissection on this and the TV Specials.

Saiyan BayBays

Post by Saiyan BayBays » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:43 pm

There's a player called VLC media player that allows you to take snapshots. While watching a clip just go to the "Video" tab and click on "Snapshot".

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:09 pm

Looks like anything with lyrics = gone... That means Spirit Vs. Spirit will likely be removed...
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Rory
I Live Here

Re: DragonBall Z Season 4 Set...

Post by Rory » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:30 pm

gregorthegame wrote: Freeza's English voice... is it suposed to be like that? or is it just bad recording because Freeza's voice has sort of like an echo... probably couldn't hear it before because of Faulconer's music..
Got my Season 4 this mornin', while watching, I noticed the same thing.
I actually thought it was a mechanical effect put in there, to make him sound like a machine.
Overall, I think Funimation have pleased me once more.

gregorthegame
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gregorthegame » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:34 pm

Opening Scene pics....
Last edited by gregorthegame on Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gregorthegame
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gregorthegame » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:54 pm

Few Trunks pics...

gregorthegame
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gregorthegame » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:58 pm

Trunks and Freeza Pics...

Anyone have comparison shots??
If you want anymore pics of the season let me know...

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:05 pm

How about some pics of Super Saiyan Goku and Super Saiyan Vegeta?
I have to say that the picture quality looks almost as good as the Trunks and Bardock remasters, and if the series looks this good onwards, then I will be perfectly satisfied.
Last edited by Metalwario64 on Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:06 pm

Wow those screenshots look very good, could you show us what you were talking about with Dr.Gero though?
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:07 pm

I've gota question. You said Vale re-did some of Trunks...How much? Like the first few Episodes? Also, is Sabat still re-doing Vegeta?
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:14 pm

Lavender Saiyan wrote:I've gota question. You said Vale re-did some of Trunks...How much? Like the first few Episodes? Also, is Sabat still re-doing Vegeta?
According to someone on FUNimations forums Vegeta is redubbed until his fight with 19.

I can understand Frieza's added echoes to make him sound robotic, because in Season Three they added echoes to the yells to make them sound better.

gregorthegame
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gregorthegame » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:15 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:Wow those screenshots look very good, could you show us what you were talking about with Dr.Gero though?
I could definitely take some pics of Dr. Gero, but it's the movement like when the character itself is moving that it looks awkward... do you want some pics of Dr. Gero?

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:16 pm

gregorthegame wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote:Wow those screenshots look very good, could you show us what you were talking about with Dr.Gero though?
I could definitely take some pics of Dr. Gero, but it's the movement like when the character itself is moving that it looks awkward... do you want some pics of Dr. Gero?
Ah I see what you mean, yeah I was more questioning about movement but I guess I just have to wait for Youtube clips then,thanks anyway
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

gregorthegame
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gregorthegame » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:24 pm

Lavender Saiyan wrote:I've gota question. You said Vale re-did some of Trunks...How much? Like the first few Episodes? Also, is Sabat still re-doing Vegeta?
'Yeah, it does sound like a few lines of Trunks are re-done, but I have not noticed it with Vegeta at all... But the lines with Trunks there was no music during the scene, so that might be why it sounds like that... Personally I think it was re-recorded but who knows...

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:24 pm

Wow, these look pretty good. I guess FUNi's getting the hang of it.

Too bad about "Mind Power Ki," though. If they indeed can't use the insert songs for some reason, I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up for "Spirit vs Spirit."
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

gregorthegame
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gregorthegame » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:28 pm

SSJ Goku and Number 19...

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:29 pm

LOL, that last Goku shot is hilarious!XD

Just goes to show how clear the picture has become, as we can see new mess-ups due to the added clarity.

May we also see some pics of the Vegeta vs. 19 fight?
Last edited by Metalwario64 on Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:29 pm

WOAH!! Sabat hasn't re-done Vegeta? But that means he's still doing that high pitched Vegeta. I figured they'd atleast go through the Cell Era having him re-do.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*