The Japanese Seiyuu in other minor/major roles

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

The Japanese Seiyuu in other minor/major roles

Post by El Diabeetus » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:40 pm

If this topic isn't appropriate for this forum, Could you lock it VegettoEX?

Well anyways the first one I noticed while looking through YouTube is Ryusei Nakao in a 1 episode only appearance in the Unreleased Yu-Gi-Oh! series:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2ZofRHJYbnE&feature=related

Wow. Looks like Ryo Horikawa did a voice for an earlier episode of the same show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjXo9i54 ... re=related

These were the only 2 I could find.

If there are ones you could find, post them here.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:24 pm

For any OP fans did a Dragonball VA do the main villian from the Apis arc? I can't remember his name but he uses the power of using the wind to slice people. That saga was so bad I think I blocked it out of my mind.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:30 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:For any OP fans did a Dragonball VA do the main villian from the Apis arc? I can't remember his name but he uses the power of using the wind to slice people. That saga was so bad I think I blocked it out of my mind.
Yeah, Ryusei Nakao (Tambourine/Freeza/Coola) played that guy, Erik.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:06 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote:For any OP fans did a Dragonball VA do the main villian from the Apis arc? I can't remember his name but he uses the power of using the wind to slice people. That saga was so bad I think I blocked it out of my mind.
Yeah, Ryusei Nakao (Tambourine/Freeza/Coola) played that guy, Erik.
Oh man I knew he sounded familiar, that voice was so cool. Too bad he couldn’t star in some better filler, thanks EX!
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:12 pm

You'll find a lot of the characters voiced by well-known Dragonball alumni because that specific series was also done by Toei. Kaiba was also voiced by No. 16's voice actor, Hikaru Midorikawa.

However, speaking of YGO (GX in specific,) Norio Wakamoto (Cell) played as the Dark Duelist Titan, Daisuke Gori (Mr. Satan) played as Kumazo Maeda, Hiromi Tsuru (Bulma) played as the cross-gender aboriginal spirit "Yubel."
Last edited by Tatsunoboshi Horoko on Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:15 pm

Lobster_Rage155
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Lobster_Rage155 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:17 pm

Tatsunoboshi Horoko wrote:Hisao Egawa (Bulma)
...Surely you mean Hiromi Tsuru?

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:29 pm

Tatsunoboshi Horoko wrote:You'll find a lot of the characters voiced by well-known Dragonball alumni because that specific series was also done by Toei. Kaiba was also voiced by No. 16's voice actor, Hikaru Midorikawa.

However, speaking of YGO (GX in specific,) Norio Wakamoto (Cell) played as the Dark Duelist Titan, Daisuke Gori (Mr. Satan) played as Kumazo Maeda, Hisao Egawa (Bulma) played as the cross-gender aboriginal spirit "Yubel."
Yeah, you're right. I noticed another episode of the Unreleased series has Shigeru Chiba as a minor character too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McO3_l55 ... re=related

Also, Yugi's Grandpa is voiced by Takeshi Aono who did the voices of Piccolo Daimao, Kami and Murasaki.

Oh, Yubel in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX was played by both Hisao Egawa and Hiromi Tsuru.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:08 pm

Furuya Tooru (Yamucha) played Chiba Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask in Sailor Moon and Amuro Ray in Gundam and Z Gundam. He also played Super Mario in a slew of bizarre OVAs.

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:12 pm

Lobster_Rage155 wrote:
Tatsunoboshi Horoko wrote:Hisao Egawa (Bulma)
...Surely you mean Hiromi Tsuru?
Both voiced the character. But I got the names mixed up in my head. (うっかり!)

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by AnzuMazaki » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:28 pm

Tatsunoboshi Horoko wrote:
However, speaking of YGO (GX in specific,) Norio Wakamoto (Cell) played as the Dark Duelist Titan, Daisuke Gori (Mr. Satan) played as Kumazo Maeda, Hisao Egawa (Bulma) played as the cross-gender aboriginal spirit "Yubel."
and Oolong's voice actor,Naoki Tatsuta, played Napoleon (the short fat guy AKA Bonaparte for those 4kids fans) :)

Also Toru Furuya played Abel in the Dragon Quest anime (not the one with Dai but another 1990 anime which had Akira Toriyama as the character designer)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:46 am

Adamant wrote:Furuya Tooru (Yamucha) played Chiba Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask in Sailor Moon and Amuro Ray in Gundam and Z Gundam. He also played Super Mario in a slew of bizarre OVAs.
YAMCHA was Tuxedo Mask?! :shock:
That's...just so cool. X3 I never would've put it together. (I've only seen the last season of Sailor Moon in Japanese and it’s been a while since I've seen a db/dbz subbed episode)
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:22 am

Chuquita wrote:
Adamant wrote:Furuya Tooru (Yamucha) played Chiba Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask in Sailor Moon and Amuro Ray in Gundam and Z Gundam. He also played Super Mario in a slew of bizarre OVAs.
YAMCHA was Tuxedo Mask?! :shock:
That's...just so cool. X3 I never would've put it together. (I've only seen the last season of Sailor Moon in Japanese and it’s been a while since I've seen a db/dbz subbed episode)
You should've seen my friend's face when I told him that Broly was Ed Elric. His mouth just dropped.

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:15 am

Mine just did as well.. Is that true?! Lol. *googles.

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:39 am

AnzuMazaki wrote:
Tatsunoboshi Horoko wrote:
and Oolong's voice actor,Naoki Tatsuta, played Napoleon (the short fat guy AKA Bonaparte for those 4kids fans) :) )
I knew I was forgetting one. Just couldn't remember which character it was.

Undercooked Sausage
Beyond Newbie

Post by Undercooked Sausage » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:08 am

The big ones are that Bulma's Seiyuu is Meryl Strife from Trigun, Ryo Horikawa voices Captain Falcon in the Super Smash Bros video games, and of course, Kururin's seiyuu voices Luffy in One Piece.

I also distinctly heard King Kai in a early One Piece episode as well as a minor character.

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Vegard Aune » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:12 am

Undercooked Sausage wrote:I also distinctly heard King Kai in a early One Piece episode as well as a minor character.
Yup, according to Wikipedia he voiced the mayor of the town Buggy was in, as well as Gan Fall in the Skypeia-arc.

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:28 am

AND he is Saint Seiya!!145123eleven
Ryo Horikawa is Andromeda Shun and Hirotaka Suzuoki (RIP) was Dragon Shiryu.

Furthermore, there is Freeza in his final form in Bleach and of course he is voiced by Ryusei Nakao! :mrgreen:

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:44 am

Dont know about others,but Mr Ryusei Nakao also voice Agent Abrera in Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger and Him in anime PowerPuff Girls Z

Lobster_Rage155
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Lobster_Rage155 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:13 am

Akira Kamiya(Garlic Jr.) is also very well known for his roles as Kenshiro in Hokuto no Ken and Ryo Saeba in City Hunter.

Also, Kenji Utsumi(Shen Long, Tenkaichi Budoukai Announcer, Senbei Norimaki, Recoome) was the voice behind Ken-Oh, a.k.a. Raoh in Hokuto no Ken. It's really funny to think the same man was behind Senbei and Raoh, if you have managed to hear both of the voices for youself. XD