So, I got my "Bojack Unbound" today... :)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tenken
Beyond Newbie

So, I got my "Bojack Unbound" today... :)

Post by Tenken » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:44 pm

(I'm trying to type this quickly before I go to bed, so please look over errors ^^)

Boy, do I love this movie. I was really hyped when I bought it because it has the original movie poster as the cover, and it has a TOEI logo on the back (You know, the one with the cat in the cowboy hat?). Well, I hoped this movie would usher in a new era or FUNi movies with the original soundtrack. Sadly, that isn't the case, but the dub wasn't that bad, even funny at times. They even kept the part about Trunks killing the androids in the future! Bojack and his crew all have bad Russian accents. -_- Stephanie's gohan sounds a little more natural, and less raspy (which is good). Kaio-sama's voice is terrible, I could barely understand him at times (but that's nothing new). The music wasn't that bad, but it's crap compared to the original score, which is among one of the best (I only put movie 12's above it). I must admit though: the only reason I even watched the dub was because one of my friends watched with me.

Well, if you're a hardcore dragonball fan, you've probably already seen this movie, so you know that you need to pick it up! I can finally throw the last of my fansub tapes in the trash! Huzzah!

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:51 pm

Arg, you lucky little...I've had that movie pre-ordered for a month now, so why didn't I get it too? :evil:
Last edited by Deus ex Machina on Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:50 am

Mine arrived the 10th at my comic shop but I'm too lazy to get it. :P

I should really go. I also have a Naruto volume 4 on reserve as well as need to bitch at them for NOT receiving my Bardock+Trunks dvds (pushing 6 months now)

EDIT: And thanks for pushing the risquée envelope yet again concerning avies, Deus. :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:02 pm

I can't wait to get my copy of the DVD but the name "Bojack Unbound" has never sat well with me. It sounds like the title of a romance novel or something.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:46 pm

Where is everyone getting these early? I heard FYE started carrying them but mine didnt have it. I'm really anxious to see the dub of my favorite dbz movie.

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:40 pm

I'll be going to Wal-Mart maybe next week to get my copy :o

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:49 pm

I'll be picking up my reserved copy from Suncoast next Friday.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:47 pm

Finally! I'll get to see this movie on DVD! And all I'll be saying the whole time I watch it, just like with all my other ones that I have on fansub, "It's so clear!". XD
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Mochi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mochi » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:02 pm

Ahhhh! I MUST BUY IT. I have a scroll of the cover in my room. :D Yay! I'm happy!!!!! :D
Yes... I am... but you don't know that...

admin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by admin » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:43 pm

I'm gonna have to say that Movie #8 is probably my favorite. Bojack is a quality Dragon Ball film, that shows amazing emotion by Gohan but 8 is just brilliantly made with a great storyline and amazing scenes showing almost all of the DB cast going through one of the greatest imposed on them since the Cell Saga.
[size=200][b][color=red]TKE[/color] [color=gray]4[/color] [color=red]LIFE[/color][/size][/b]

Tenken
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenken » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:27 pm

I admit that I thought Movie 8 was amazing the first time I watched it. But the only movies that I watch over and over are 12 and 9. Staying power: Gotta love it! 8)

koden
Not-So-Newbie

Post by koden » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:23 am

<sigh> I wish I could've gotten the Bojack DVD, but I've already ordered a fansub of it since I just couldn't wait....it needs to come in, damnit! :cry:

I've heard lots of good things about Movie 9, so I can't wait to see it... I still find it funny that it's more than 10 years old, though. o.o

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:49 am

Hang on...you couldn't wait to see the Bojak movie, so you waited until a week before it was officially due out and then ordered a fansub? Buh?
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

koden
Not-So-Newbie

Post by koden » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:49 pm

Nah, I ordered (well actually, requested) it, along with two other fansubbed movies, a few weeks ago since I could get them all for less than what the Bojack DVD would cost by itself... believe me I'd rather have the movies on DVD, but I couldn't resist the offer of $18 for 3 movies I'd been dying to see... it was my first experience with a fansub dealer though, and the trader hasn't even approved my order yet. :cry: I dunno if he deleted my request or if he's just really busy... makes me wonder if fansub orders can take that long to be approved... might anyone know? (yeah, I know I'm going way-off topic here, but I'd really be happy if someone knew. If not, just ignore this.)

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:27 pm

Who the hell buys fansubs anymore? Just get digisubs! AND YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW BY BUYING A MOVIE 9 FANSUB!! Shame!
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:33 pm

There is not a single respectable fansub distro that would still be carrying DBZ material.

That's not a fansub distro, it's a bootleg distro.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:29 am

I'm sure we can all find some old Anime Labs fansubs on ebay!

Bojack: YOU ****ING lil ****ER BITYCH @$$ **** YOUR DEAD
Gohan: ****ING DIE!

koden
Not-So-Newbie

Post by koden » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:58 am

well crap. That sucks....
But the place I'm hoping to do business with is called DBGoten's Trading Zone, and I'd heard it was a reliable place to get fansubs....

By the way, what's a digisub? I've never heard of that.
I'm so confused... where the heck am I supposed to get those movies that are not yet released by FUNi if there's no respectable fansub distros left?
Am I supposed to download them, maybe.... man, I wish I'd bought DB fansubs back when they were popular and highly available, rather than finding out about them a few years too late.... -.-;

SDHero
Beyond Newbie

Post by SDHero » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:09 am

Well, first off, you're not supposed to be buying fansubs. Part of what keeps the fansubbing community in a tolerated status with anime distributors is that (a) No money is being changed hands: no one is profiting from this, and (b) Once a series is liscenced, the fan-subbing is expected to stop.

As Dragonball is liscenced in entirety, there's no sanctionable way to get or make fansubs or the stuff. Furthermore, no one IS currently fansubbing DB stuff, and not for quite some time. Anyone claiming to have high-quality fansubs is prolly lying.

What does this mean? It means you're stuck with crappy old fansubs of stuff Funi hasn't gotten to yet, just like the rest of us. Yeah, it DOES suck, 'cuz I'd like high-quality versions of the early DBZ episodes, and movie 12 is my personal favorite, but there's nothing to be done about it. Nothing that cuts anywhere near this side of legality, that is.
SJ Dragonball Graphic Novel, Volume 9, page 60. That is all.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:10 am

Digisubs are the fansubs of the new millenium. They're the fansubs you can get on the internet. With some, the quality's excellent. With others.. Bleh. A lot are more or less DVD quality. *currently watching Naruto digisubs*