Anyone shed more light on this-> Goku vs Superman

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
SuperVegito17
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:44 am

Anyone shed more light on this-> Goku vs Superman

Post by SuperVegito17 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:48 am

As I was looking in the internet for this battle, and looking through many forum discussions, both supporting supes and also goku, i came across this scan of Wizard Magazine. The artwork is done by udon apparently and looks cool. Anyone know anything about whether udon comics actually released any comic chapters on this or not?

Image of scan:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v349/ ... s_goku.jpg
my latest Music Video -> http://stage6.divx.com/user/SuperVegito17/blog/

User avatar
Artificial Human #887
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:00 pm
Location: home of the worlds largest landfill
Contact:

Post by Artificial Human #887 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:20 am

Not that I know of, and I follow Udon pretty closely. The image was made specifically for Wizard Magazine.
Aly. Professional nerd. [url=http://vegetas.livejournal.com]vegetas@livejournal[/url]

DB Cosplay 2009: The Great Saiyaman

User avatar
The Time Traveller
I Live Here
Posts: 3451
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 1:32 pm
Location: UK

Post by The Time Traveller » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:24 am

Are they fighting in space?
Last time I checked Goku couldn't breath in Space.

User avatar
SonEric84
Banned
Posts: 2076
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:42 pm

Post by SonEric84 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:34 am

The Time Traveller wrote:Are they fighting in space?
Last time I checked Goku couldn't breath in Space.


Yeah, they screwed that one up just a little. :lol:
Trans rights, now!

User avatar
Artificial Human #887
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:00 pm
Location: home of the worlds largest landfill
Contact:

Post by Artificial Human #887 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:01 am

Of course they're fighting in space!

Wizard Mag = fail.

They never get things right.
Aly. Professional nerd. [url=http://vegetas.livejournal.com]vegetas@livejournal[/url]

DB Cosplay 2009: The Great Saiyaman

User avatar
Onikage725
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1501
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:00 pm
Location: Outer Heaven
Contact:

Post by Onikage725 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:19 am

That's from that Wizard spinoff... Anime Insider? I think that's what it's called. Or maybe it's from a Wizard itself, but I'm pretty sure they stopped running "Last Man Standing" a long time ago.

I dunno.. it's something Wizard-related anyway.

And while the outcome is fairly expected, there are so many flaws with that write up that I wouldn't even know where to start. It reads like bad fanfiction. Which is basically what it is.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

User avatar
desirecampbell
Moderator
Posts: 4296
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:55 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by desirecampbell » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:19 am


User avatar
Onikage725
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1501
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:00 pm
Location: Outer Heaven
Contact:

Post by Onikage725 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:20 am

Yeah that's true. Pre-Crisis, Superman was utterly ridiculous. You may even think Goku could use Shunkan Idou to ditch Superman somewhere. Nope. Pre-Crisis, Superman could fly so fast that he could travel across dimensions or through time (hell, even the Silver Surfer needed Nova's help to get fast enough to go back in time).

You may want to mention Superman-Prime (i.e. the now Superman who used to be the Pre-Crisis Superboy of Earth Prime, who went totally apeshit in Infinite Crisis).

Power-wise, he's Pre-Crisis Supes with the added bonus of being able to metabolize other energy sources. He also has no weaknesses whatsoever. I don't think magic has really done anything to him, and only kryptonite from his universe could hurt him (that universe no longer exists, and even if it did, his krypton was swallowed by its sun while intact). The only way to stop him is to expose him to red sunlight, but he's fond of power suits that keep him charged... so really the only way to stop him is to fly him into or through Krypton's sun.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

User avatar
Kaboom
Moderator
Posts: 14187
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: Funky Town
Contact:

Post by Kaboom » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:36 am

Pre-crisis Superman was a joke. No, I mean really, he could do all these crazy, fantastical things, but it was ridiculous, to the point where it was practically a comedy series. Of course he'd beat anyone, when his biggest power is the ability to pull a new power out of his ass whenever he needed it. In all fairness, I wouldn't try to factor in Supes' pre-crisis feats any more than I would count young Goku's using NyoiBo to ferry Boss Rabbit to the moon. If you're going to match up two characters against each other, you typically do so with the versions that have some sense of logic to them.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")

We Gotta Power >>>>> Cha-La Head Cha-La. Fight me.
If Super wanted to be "canon," then it should have been good.
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

User avatar
Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus
Posts: 10550
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:40 pm
Location: Jupiter
Contact:

Post by Herms » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:38 am

SSj Kaboom wrote: If you're going to match up two characters against each other, you typically do so with the versions that have some sense of logic to them.
But considering that the DC universe and the DragonBall universe have very different internal rules and logic, what's the point of setting them against each other at all?
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

User avatar
Kaboom
Moderator
Posts: 14187
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: Funky Town
Contact:

Post by Kaboom » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:42 am

Herms wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote: If you're going to match up two characters against each other, you typically do so with the versions that have some sense of logic to them.
But considering that the DC universe and the DragonBall universe have very different internal rules and logic, what's the point of setting them against each other at all?
I agree. Just saying, though.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")

We Gotta Power >>>>> Cha-La Head Cha-La. Fight me.
If Super wanted to be "canon," then it should have been good.
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

User avatar
SSJ Helldog
Regular
Posts: 741
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:15 pm
Location: FL, USA
Contact:

Post by SSJ Helldog » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:53 am

Yeah, I remember the article with that image. It was in Wizard Magazine... probably in 2004? It was probably a slow comics-news month. Just pointless filler, really. I believe Supes won.

User avatar
Onikage725
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1501
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:00 pm
Location: Outer Heaven
Contact:

Post by Onikage725 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:09 pm

Herms wrote: But considering that the DC universe has no sense of logic whatsoever, what's the point of setting them against each other at all?
Fix'd.
SSJ Helldog wrote:Yeah, I remember the article with that image. It was in Wizard Magazine... probably in 2004? It was probably a slow comics-news month. Just pointless filler, really. I believe Supes won.
Nope, they had Goku take it by going Super Saiyan. He also stopped fighting and left when he realized that Superman wasn't really his enemy. Then again, Goku's initial attack had about as much motive as Kuririn attacking the giant on fake Namek. "He has a Dragon Ball, kill him!"
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

Toriyama Boss
Banned
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:39 pm

Post by Toriyama Boss » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:55 pm

Onikage725 wrote:Yeah that's true. Pre-Crisis, Superman was utterly ridiculous. You may even think Goku could use Shunkan Idou to ditch Superman somewhere. Nope. Pre-Crisis, Superman could fly so fast that he could travel across dimensions or through time (hell, even the Silver Surfer needed Nova's help to get fast enough to go back in time).

You may want to mention Superman-Prime (i.e. the now Superman who used to be the Pre-Crisis Superboy of Earth Prime, who went totally apeshit in Infinite Crisis).

Power-wise, he's Pre-Crisis Supes with the added bonus of being able to metabolize other energy sources. He also has no weaknesses whatsoever. I don't think magic has really done anything to him, and only kryptonite from his universe could hurt him (that universe no longer exists, and even if it did, his krypton was swallowed by its sun while intact). The only way to stop him is to expose him to red sunlight, but he's fond of power suits that keep him charged... so really the only way to stop him is to fly him into or through Krypton's sun.
Pre-crisis Supes gets his ass whooped by a Giant Monkey.

BTW, nothing is faster than "Instantaneous movement."

User avatar
Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here
Posts: 2876
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:55 pm
Location: Wakusei Bejeeter

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:56 pm

Toriyama Boss wrote:
Onikage725 wrote:Yeah that's true. Pre-Crisis, Superman was utterly ridiculous. You may even think Goku could use Shunkan Idou to ditch Superman somewhere. Nope. Pre-Crisis, Superman could fly so fast that he could travel across dimensions or through time (hell, even the Silver Surfer needed Nova's help to get fast enough to go back in time).

You may want to mention Superman-Prime (i.e. the now Superman who used to be the Pre-Crisis Superboy of Earth Prime, who went totally apeshit in Infinite Crisis).

Power-wise, he's Pre-Crisis Supes with the added bonus of being able to metabolize other energy sources. He also has no weaknesses whatsoever. I don't think magic has really done anything to him, and only kryptonite from his universe could hurt him (that universe no longer exists, and even if it did, his krypton was swallowed by its sun while intact). The only way to stop him is to expose him to red sunlight, but he's fond of power suits that keep him charged... so really the only way to stop him is to fly him into or through Krypton's sun.
Pre-crisis Supes gets his ass whooped by a Giant Monkey.

BTW, nothing is faster than "Instantaneous movement."
Except for, uh, Cell moving really quickly.

Toriyama Boss
Banned
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:39 pm

Post by Toriyama Boss » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:57 pm

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:
Toriyama Boss wrote:
Onikage725 wrote:Yeah that's true. Pre-Crisis, Superman was utterly ridiculous. You may even think Goku could use Shunkan Idou to ditch Superman somewhere. Nope. Pre-Crisis, Superman could fly so fast that he could travel across dimensions or through time (hell, even the Silver Surfer needed Nova's help to get fast enough to go back in time).

You may want to mention Superman-Prime (i.e. the now Superman who used to be the Pre-Crisis Superboy of Earth Prime, who went totally apeshit in Infinite Crisis).

Power-wise, he's Pre-Crisis Supes with the added bonus of being able to metabolize other energy sources. He also has no weaknesses whatsoever. I don't think magic has really done anything to him, and only kryptonite from his universe could hurt him (that universe no longer exists, and even if it did, his krypton was swallowed by its sun while intact). The only way to stop him is to expose him to red sunlight, but he's fond of power suits that keep him charged... so really the only way to stop him is to fly him into or through Krypton's sun.
Pre-crisis Supes gets his ass whooped by a Giant Monkey.

BTW, nothing is faster than "Instantaneous movement."
Except for, uh, Cell moving really quickly.
What?

User avatar
Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here
Posts: 2876
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:55 pm
Location: Wakusei Bejeeter

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:07 pm

Well, Goku was using his Shunkan Idô during his fight with Cell, but Cell moves faster than Goku, even though "it isn't Instantaneous Movement."

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Toriyama Boss
Banned
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:39 pm

Post by Toriyama Boss » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:15 pm

Don't know why you posted that, Cell didn't do all that DURING Instantaneous movement.

It's impressive how Cell says that his speed is good but not as Good as Instantaneous movement.
Last edited by Toriyama Boss on Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus
Posts: 10550
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:40 pm
Location: Jupiter
Contact:

Post by Herms » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:16 pm

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:Well, Goku was using his Shunkan Idô during his fight with Cell, but Cell moves faster than Goku, even though "it isn't Instantaneous Movement."
Well, yeah, he moves faster than Goku when Goku isn't using Shunkan-ido. Nobody is ever shown going from place to place as quickly as Goku does with Shunkan-ido or Kibito/Kaioshin/Buu's Kai-Kai.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

User avatar
Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here
Posts: 2876
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:55 pm
Location: Wakusei Bejeeter

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:18 pm

Well, it doesn't matter how fast you can teleport if the other guy can get behind you when you're done, I say.

Post Reply