Nothing can appropriately express my anger

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:58 am

djkalteraphine wrote:
Pain wrote:
Onikage725 wrote:Cartoon Network picked up the series before S3 began airing. They just re-ran S1 and 2 a couple of times before the in-house dub started.
That's what I'm talking about. Whenever CN airs the first two seasons of DragonBallZ, they are with the Ocean Cast.
No, they started airing the "Ultimate Uncut Edition" when those started getting released. I watched a few of them, but my friends watched all of them.
I know that, but the Ultimate Uncut episodes stopped being shown on TV around the time they stopped selling the DVDs. What I was saying was this: Whenever Toonami or CN re-ran the DragonBall Z anime, they'd have the first two seasons with the Ocean Cast and do the rest with the new Funimation cast. That's how it's always been. Ultimate Uncut was just a one time thing. Plus, DBZ no longer airs on CN the last episode that was aired was a Cell Games fight. But that was on Toonami. Samarai Jack soon replaced it. Probably to get people to buy the new Season Sets.
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

Onikage725

Post by Onikage725 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:31 am

Didin't they run the UUC's on Adult Swim? I suppose if they were to make a Toonami-friendly run of the whole series they would have to make a less-uncut version or just run the old Saban stuff. I don't think the issue has really come up though. I'm pretty sure that since the Freeza Saga, they went forward, going back to re-air recent arcs during hiatus. When they finished Z, they went on to GT. When they finished with that, they randomly re-air certain arcs when they feel like putting it on TV, and eventually they did S1 and 2 as the UUCs. I don't think, in the history of the in-house FUNi dub, that there has been a complete re-airing of the whole series.
Last edited by Onikage725 on Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

Pain

Post by Pain » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:53 am

Onikage725 wrote:Didin't they run the UUC's on Adult Swim? I suppose if they were to make a Toonami-friendly run of the whole series they would have to make a less-uncut version or just run the old Saban stuff. I don't think the issue has really come up though. I'm pretty sure that since the Freeza Saga, they went forward, going back to re-air recent arcs during hiatus. When they finished Z, they went on to GT. When they finished with that, they randomly re-air certain arcs when they feel like putting it on YV, and eventually they did S1 and 2 as the UUCs. I don't think, in the history of the in-house FUNi dub, that there has been a complete re-airing of the whole series.
Ultimate Uncut aired right before Adult Swim. And if you're asking if FUNimation has had all of their dubbed episodes with their current cast aired from start to finish, the answer is no. I have no idea why they never aired S1 and S2 with the current cast on CN. Oh wait! I know why! Because FUNimation's current cast didn't dub S1 and S2 before Ultimate Uncut. Vegetto EX said that that's the reason why Ultimate Uncut existed. To have the current cast dub the first 2 seasons. Plain and simple.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:37 am

Ultimate Uncut also aired Saturdays on Toonami at 7PM for a few months. .
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Pain

Post by Pain » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:14 pm

Big Momma wrote:Ultimate Uncut also aired Saturdays on Toonami at 7PM for a few months. .
Are you sure? Was it in America?

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:31 pm

Pain wrote:
Big Momma wrote:Ultimate Uncut also aired Saturdays on Toonami at 7PM for a few months. .
Yes, I know they did air it on Toonami.

I can't remember though, is this the "uncut intro" they used:

http://www.toonamiarsenal.com/download/dbz.php

This one.

Pain

Post by Pain » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:10 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:
Pain wrote:
Yes, I know they did air it on Toonami.

This one.
This might be what you're talking about. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl94oavnwoQ

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:13 pm

Yeah, I remember the Ultimate Uncut stuff well. I have all of the Namek stuff they aired on TV on VHS. Those need to be put on DVD sometime in the future....
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

DominatorLost
Beyond Newbie

Post by DominatorLost » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:20 pm

djkalteraphine wrote:
DominatorLost wrote:A little off-topic, but can someone please show me this Rygal 7 thing? :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktu0Q01UFds
I posted just the last page, but what the heck, here it is. It's start at a minute in.
Thanks. XD

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:21 pm

Pain wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:Yes, I know they did air it on Toonami.

This one.
This might be what you're talking about. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl94oavnwoQ
Yes, that is the one I linked to, only mine is a higher quality download.
Last edited by SSj_Rambo on Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:16 pm

Raki wrote:Yeah, I remember the Ultimate Uncut stuff well. I have all of the Namek stuff they aired on TV on VHS. Those need to be put on DVD sometime in the future....
...you mean like the season sets? XD
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:45 pm

Big Momma wrote:
Raki wrote:Yeah, I remember the Ultimate Uncut stuff well. I have all of the Namek stuff they aired on TV on VHS. Those need to be put on DVD sometime in the future....
No, I need to put my 4:3 copies of the Namek and Ginyu Ultimate Uncut episodes on DVD.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:18 pm

Raki wrote:
Big Momma wrote:
No, I need to put my 4:3 copies of the Namek and Ginyu Ultimate Uncut episodes on DVD.
Then expect some major quality loss. I personally would rather buy the official UUE discs and get much better quality with all the extras and perks of having it on a professionally made DVD, personally.

Onikage725

Post by Onikage725 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:55 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:
Raki wrote:
Big Momma wrote: ...you mean like the season sets? XD
Then expect some major quality loss. I personally would rather buy the official UUE discs and get much better quality with all the extras and perks of having it on a professionally made DVD, personally.
But you can only get the Namek and Ginyu stuff on DVD with the the S2 set. They never released them as full screen singles.
Even the spanish singles they released for those arcs as ultimate uncut were "remastered" and widescreen.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:16 pm

Onikage725 wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:
Raki wrote:No, I need to put my 4:3 copies of the Namek and Ginyu Ultimate Uncut episodes on DVD.
But you can only get the Namek and Ginyu stuff on DVD with the the S2 set. They never released them as full screen singles.
Even the spanish singles they released for those arcs as ultimate uncut were "remastered" and widescreen.
Ya, I guess if you only want certain episodes from the UUE Namek and Ginyu Sagas than you're kind of screwed.

But I personally think that since there are only 68 episodes released in the UUE format and the Namek and Ginyu Sagas contain some of the better episodes of all 68 that the UUE Namek and Ginyu Set is worth buying despite the price.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:30 pm

Onikage725 wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:
Raki wrote:No, I need to put my 4:3 copies of the Namek and Ginyu Ultimate Uncut episodes on DVD.
Only those who recorded the UUE stuff from CN have them in 4:3. I can't wait to see how shitty my transfers are gonna look.

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:59 am

Ya know, I'm sick of the 9000 joke too...Yet I know for a fact I still would have laughed had I been there.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:42 am

Lavender Saiyan wrote:Ya know, I'm sick of the 9000 joke too...Yet I know for a fact I still would have laughed had I been there.
I completely agree with you that the joke is old now, but if it was thrown at you unexpectedly like that you would probably laugh, unless your a hardcore hater of all things english Dragonball which I think most people here are.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Pain

Post by Pain » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:47 am

SSJ2bardock wrote:
Lavender Saiyan wrote:Ya know, I'm sick of the 9000 joke too...Yet I know for a fact I still would have laughed had I been there.
I completely agree with you that the joke is old now, but if it was thrown at you unexpectedly like that you would probably laugh, unless your a hardcore hater of all things english Dragonball which I think most people here are.
I'm not. I'm a fan of both the Japanese and FUNi version.

SaiyaMel
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyaMel » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:10 pm

This "over 9000" thing is old... I never really found it that funny to begin with..
Just Saiyan...