What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20671
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:13 am

sintzu wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Came in the post this afternoon.
Could you show the back ?
Here ya go:

Image

User avatar
DanielSSJ
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1623
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:13 am
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by DanielSSJ » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:36 pm

Just got Jaco: The Galactic Patrolman and Dragon Ball: Complete illustrations.

User avatar
ShadowDude112
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1871
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:54 pm

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by ShadowDude112 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:16 pm

Got that awesome new history book!
Image
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:If Toriyama joined Kanzenshuu, he'd probably forget his login name and password.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
JacobYBM wrote:No, why would it? It's fiction. The strength of the characters is not possible to reach in reality.
I mean, you're pretty open about looking at cartoon porn. Why would you do that? It's fiction. The proportions of these women are not possible to reach in reality.

User avatar
eledoremassis02
I Live Here
Posts: 3342
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:40 pm

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by eledoremassis02 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:34 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Came in the post this afternoon.

Does battle of gods come with extended and thatrical? I thought about getting this as a space saver and selling me 2 blurays off

User avatar
ShadowDude112
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1871
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:54 pm

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by ShadowDude112 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:39 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Came in the post this afternoon.
Could you show the back ?
Here ya go:

snip
Uh, wow. "The exciting follow up to the Dragon Ball Battle of the Gods!" So, first off, it was a Z movie, second, Battle of the Gods? Why do so many people mess this up?
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:If Toriyama joined Kanzenshuu, he'd probably forget his login name and password.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
JacobYBM wrote:No, why would it? It's fiction. The strength of the characters is not possible to reach in reality.
I mean, you're pretty open about looking at cartoon porn. Why would you do that? It's fiction. The proportions of these women are not possible to reach in reality.

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20671
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:46 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Came in the post this afternoon.

Does battle of gods come with extended and thatrical? I thought about getting this as a space saver and selling me 2 blurays off
Yes. Battle Of Gods comes with the original "Theatrical Cut" and the extended "Director's Cut". The funny thing about that is that on the back of the case for Battle Of Gods, the runtime is listed as 182 mins. And as ShadowDude112 pointed out, on the back of the case that holds both the movies together, the movie is mistakenly called "Dragon Ball Battle Of The Gods" when the brief synopsis for Resurrection F is provided. Yet on the back of the case for Resurrection F movie itself, the movie is correctly named as Dragon Ball Z: Battle Of Gods. MangaUK fucked up royally.

User avatar
eledoremassis02
I Live Here
Posts: 3342
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:40 pm

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by eledoremassis02 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:31 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
eledoremassis02 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Came in the post this afternoon.

Does battle of gods come with extended and thatrical? I thought about getting this as a space saver and selling me 2 blurays off
Yes. Battle Of Gods comes with the original "Theatrical Cut" and the extended "Director's Cut". The funny thing about that is that on the back of the case for Battle Of Gods, the runtime is listed as 182 mins. And as ShadowDude112 pointed out, on the back of the case that holds both the movies together, the movie is mistakenly called "Dragon Ball Battle Of The Gods" when the brief synopsis for Resurrection F is provided. Yet on the back of the case for Resurrection F movie itself, the movie is correctly named as Dragon Ball Z: Battle Of Gods. MangaUK fucked up royally.
Thank you! I wonder if it's region locked. Maybe I can get it sell the discs and put FUNi's in.

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20671
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:17 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote:Thank you! I wonder if it's region locked. Maybe I can get it sell the discs and put FUNi's in.
The majority of DVDs sold by Amazon.co.uk are encoded for Region 2 only. Blu-ray discs sold by Amazon.co.uk can be encoded as Region-free or for Region B.

User avatar
90sDBZ
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1939
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:34 am
Location: UK

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by 90sDBZ » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:44 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Came in the post this afternoon.

Image
Awesome. :) Man I envy you, mine still hasn't come yet. Guess I should have gone with Base.com instead of Amazon.

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20671
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:57 pm

90sDBZ wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Came in the post this afternoon.

Image
Awesome. :) Man I envy you, mine still hasn't come yet. Guess I should have gone with Base.com instead of Amazon.
I actually got this from Amazon for £21.99

User avatar
Goku14
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:40 am

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by Goku14 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:13 pm

last year got a ssgss vegeta figure and a piccolo and the new movie and at a anime con i got a gold Dodoria

User avatar
Drabaz
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1101
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Maryland
Contact:

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by Drabaz » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:43 pm

I've been starting to post up some unboxing videos of the recent Dragon Ball stuff I've been getting.

Unboxing 1
Lunch Figure
A Senzu Jar
Japanese DBZ Bubble Gum from Lotte
Image

Unboxing 2
Vegeta Figuarts Zero
Image
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

User avatar
Sun Wukong
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:56 pm
Contact:

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by Sun Wukong » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:42 pm

ShadowDude112 wrote:Got that awesome new history book!
If I may inquire... where did you purchase it from?
"I was born in a small village. I was still a child when we were raided by soldiers. Foreign soldiers. Torn from my elders, I was made to speak their language. With each new post my masters changed. Along with the words they made me speak. With each change, I changed too. My thoughts, personality, how I saw right and wrong. Words - can - kill."
—Skull Face

User avatar
Wezenheim
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1009
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:41 pm

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by Wezenheim » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:27 am

Got some stuff from Amazon!
I got one of the Dragon Ball Z DVD singles and two of the older Dragon Ball DVD sets (the Red Ribbon Army Saga and the Tenshinhan saga).

I also got my first Kanzenban! It's volume 32 and I grabbed it because I saw it on Amazon. It was eligible for Prime shipping for $9 from a 3rd party seller, so I thought why not. It's not in excellent condition, but it's still awesome and I hope to actually understand it one day since I plan to start learning Japanese next year. Lord help me with that journey!

User avatar
ShadowDude112
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1871
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:54 pm

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by ShadowDude112 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Sun Wukong wrote:
ShadowDude112 wrote:Got that awesome new history book!
If I may inquire... where did you purchase it from?
Good ol' Amazon Japan.
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:If Toriyama joined Kanzenshuu, he'd probably forget his login name and password.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
JacobYBM wrote:No, why would it? It's fiction. The strength of the characters is not possible to reach in reality.
I mean, you're pretty open about looking at cartoon porn. Why would you do that? It's fiction. The proportions of these women are not possible to reach in reality.

User avatar
djtaiyouken
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:54 pm
Contact:

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by djtaiyouken » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:22 am

I got Japenese Dragon Box 2 for $200 shipped. This thing is huge!
Last edited by djtaiyouken on Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a veeery green hip-hop producer. Most of my stuff is based off of Dragon Ball. You should check it out!
http://www.soundcloud.com/djtaiyouken

Hip-Hop Producer | Former Music Specialist at The Dragon Ball Network | Wrestling Fan

User avatar
VICDBZ
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:18 pm
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by VICDBZ » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:10 am

Image

Image
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > || VICDBZ COLLECTION || < < < < < < < < < < < < < <

User avatar
SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by SSGSS Goku » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:04 pm

djtaiyouken wrote:
I got Japenese Dragon Box 2 for $200 shipped. This thing is huge!
Where did you get that? I'd like to purchase one for myself.

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11376
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:19 pm

I grabbed last month's V-Jump, SD vol. 3 & 4, and the Super History Book. they chould be here eventually, I guess. SAL takes forever.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

User avatar
SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by SSGSS Goku » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:45 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I grabbed last month's V-Jump, SD vol. 3 & 4, and the Super History Book. they chould be here eventually, I guess. SAL takes forever.
I know. That's why I buy my stuff with faster shipping. I ended up buying the Super History Book with FedEx International Priority shipping and it was worth it! It still costed me less then buying from scalpers on eBay! Of course I'm not sure if you want to pay a lot for faster shipping from Japan

Post Reply