What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by fps_anth » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:34 am

Here it is Kanzenshuu. My love of retro games and my love of Dragon Ball comes together for one of, if not the single most valuable piece of my collection thus far:

Dragon Ball: Dragon Daihikyou for the Super Cassette Vision is the FIRST Dragon Ball game ever released, back in 1986. This was the only DB game ever released that was not produced or distributed by Bandai.

It's complete in box and in fantastic condition. This thing is SUPER rare: barely ever pops up on Yahoo Auctions Japan, let alone ebay. I managed to get the best deal I could imagine on it when the British pound dropped faster than I could say "Trunks has blue hair".

Happy it's a part of my collection. Now I just need to track down a Super Cassette Vision so I can play the thing.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:27 pm

Shodo figures for Dragon Ball Super of Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku and Vegeta (the lineup also includes Golden Frieza), listed as Super Saiyan God SS. I think they're 4 inches tall.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:54 am

Anime Kitten wrote:Shodo figures for Dragon Ball Super of Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku and Vegeta (the lineup also includes Golden Frieza), listed as Super Saiyan God SS. I think they're 4 inches tall.
Yeah they're pretty tiny. I have the set from BoG still sealed. Free gum included too for the hell of it lol

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:54 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Yeah they're pretty tiny. I have the set from BoG still sealed. Free gum included too for the hell of it lol
I like the size, it goes well with some other figures I have. Plus they're almost too articulated. :D
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:18 pm

Well, thanks to DBZfan29, I'm now FINALLY the proud owner of a Japanese Dragon Box, getting the 2nd Z Box and the GT box. This is kind special to me since I used to salivate reading the pages on Kanzentai (and eventually Kanzenshuu!) and always was down when I was younger because my parents didn't particularly care for anime and would have never bought me something like that. But who cares now, I live on my own! :D

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:39 am

fps_anth wrote:Here it is Kanzenshuu. My love of retro games and my love of Dragon Ball comes together for one of, if not the single most valuable piece of my collection thus far:[spoiler]Image

Dragon Ball: Dragon Daihikyou for the Super Cassette Vision is the FIRST Dragon Ball game ever released, back in 1986. This was the only DB game ever released that was not produced or distributed by Bandai.

It's complete in box and in fantastic condition. This thing is SUPER rare: barely ever pops up on Yahoo Auctions Japan, let alone ebay. I managed to get the best deal I could imagine on it when the British pound dropped faster than I could say "Trunks has blue hair".

Happy it's a part of my collection. Now I just need to track down a Super Cassette Vision so I can play the thing.[/spoiler]
I'm so jealous! I love seeing old complete-in-box games like this.
It makes me happy knowing they've been well cared for.
「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」

VICDBZ
Not-So-Newbie

Post by VICDBZ » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:31 am

Last Purchases!

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]
:D
Last edited by EmmaWinters on Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added spoiler tags

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by dragondyle » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:48 pm

I bought the Japanese versions of DBZ Legends and Ultimate Battle 22 on PS1 at a used entertainment store for $10 and $8, respectively. Such a steal!
You must have faith in who you are.

VICDBZ
Not-So-Newbie

Post by VICDBZ » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:08 am

Spanish Anime Movie Comic and minifigures :D

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:23 pm

Picked up the Commander Red set for a nice $5. Only 4 more sets (plus the R4 Saga of Goku, that one's tough to find) and I've got all of DB!

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:05 am

Dragon ball vizbig volume 3
Funimation is having a sale on everything Dragon Ball right now so if you wanna get some blu ray or dvds to watch for a cheap price you should hurry.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:57 am

SaiyanGod117 wrote:Dragon ball vizbig volume 3
Funimation is having a sale on everything Dragon Ball right now so if you wanna get some blu ray or dvds to watch for a cheap price you should hurry.

Anyone know if they are still shipping Slipcovers with their Kai sets?

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:59 am

LordCrumb wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote:Dragon ball vizbig volume 3

Anyone know if they are still shipping Slipcovers with their Kai sets?
I do not know sorry

OkamiTakahashi

Post by OkamiTakahashi » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:46 am

Technically it counts, but a while back there was a free offer for Season 1/The Saiyan Saga of DBZ (not Kai) on the Microsoft Store, which made me excited, so I caved in.

I was slightly disappointed by the usage of the original score, and though it's understandable, it's just not as nostalgic for me; it doesn't suit the original Funi dub imo, having grown up on the Team Faulconer score. Is there any way to get the original Funi dubs with the Faulconer score on DVD or something, or are those are to come by these days?

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:04 am

OkamiTakahashi wrote:Technically it counts, but a while back there was a free offer for Season 1/The Saiyan Saga of DBZ (not Kai) on the Microsoft Store, which made me excited, so I caved in.

I was slightly disappointed by the usage of the original score, and though it's understandable, it's just not as nostalgic for me; it doesn't suit the original Funi dub imo, having grown up on the Team Faulconer score. Is there any way to get the original Funi dubs with the Faulconer score on DVD or something, or are those are to come by these days?
The Remastered Season Sets (February 6 2007-May 19, 2009) are the last time official home releases include the Faulconer score. I warn you that it's not truly remastered and is cropped, however.

OkamiTakahashi

Post by OkamiTakahashi » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:08 am

Nejishiki wrote:
OkamiTakahashi wrote:Technically it counts, but a while back there was a free offer for Season 1/The Saiyan Saga of DBZ (not Kai) on the Microsoft Store, which made me excited, so I caved in.

The Remastered Season Sets (February 6 2007-May 19, 2009) are the last time official home releases include the Faulconer score. I warn you that it's not truly remastered and is cropped, however.
Cropping's never been that big of a deal to me, so I'm ok with that.

SSJ Electric Fury
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ Electric Fury » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:16 am

OkamiTakahashi wrote:Is there any way to get the original Funi dubs with the Faulconer score on DVD or something, or are those are to come by these days?
If you mean FUNimation's in-house (post-Ocean) dub, its Saiyan and pre-Ginyu Namek arcs use a score by Nathan Johnson rather than Faulconer Productions. The Johnson score is included in FUNimation's DVD and Blu-ray season sets, and Levels 1.1 and 1.2. The Ultimate Uncut singles also have it, but said release was cancelled prior to completion.

If by "original FUNi dubs", you meant the in-house dubs before their alteration in the orange bricks A.K.A. DVD season sets, you can get the original audio via the old "Captain Ginyu" and onward singles, plus the Ultimate Uncut singles.

See home video release details from here: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/home-video/na/dbz-tv/
Nejishiki wrote:The Remastered Season Sets (February 6 2007-May 19, 2009) are the last time official home releases include the Faulconer score.
The season Blu-rays include the Faulconer Productions score; it's too much of a selling point in the U.S. to leave out of a release meant for consumption by casual audiences.
"You can't make up for your mistakes when you're dead." - Irina Akulov, Xenoblade [Chronicles] X
ringworm128 wrote:

OkamiTakahashi

Post by OkamiTakahashi » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:01 am

SSJ Electric Fury wrote:
OkamiTakahashi wrote:Is there any way to get the original Funi dubs with the Faulconer score on DVD or something, or are those are to come by these days?
If you mean FUNimation's in-house (post-Ocean) dub, its Saiyan and pre-Ginyu Namek arcs use a score by Nathan Johnson rather than Faulconer Productions. The Johnson score is included in FUNimation's DVD and Blu-ray season sets, and Levels 1.1 and 1.2. The Ultimate Uncut singles also have it, but said release was cancelled prior to completion.

If by "original FUNi dubs", you meant the in-house dubs before their alteration in the orange bricks A.K.A. DVD season sets, you can get the original audio via the old "Captain Ginyu" and onward singles, plus the Ultimate Uncut singles.

See home video release details from here: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/home-video/na/dbz-tv/
Nejishiki wrote:The Remastered Season Sets (February 6 2007-May 19, 2009) are the last time official home releases include the Faulconer score.
The season Blu-rays include the Faulconer Productions score; it's too much of a selling point in the U.S. to leave out of a release meant for consumption by casual audiences.
I don't own a Blu-Ray player. Never saw the appeal of it, and Blu-Ray is supposedly dying out anyway.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:08 am

OkamiTakahashi wrote:Blu-Ray is supposedly dying out anyway.
DVDs haven't died out yet so Blu-Ray's aren't going anywhere, especially with companies coming out with bigger storage spaces like the 100GB and 200GB which got approved in 2014.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

MetaMoss
Patreon Supporter

Post by MetaMoss » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:11 am

OkamiTakahashi wrote:I don't own a Blu-Ray player. Never saw the appeal of it, and Blu-Ray is supposedly dying out anyway.
The main appeal is how much more you can store on the things (25 GB single-layer/50 GB dual-layer) compared to DVD (4.7 GB single-layer/8.5 GB dual-layer). This greater size allows for the storage of movies/TV Shows at HD resolution with a very impressive level of quality.
"Perfect" is the enemy of the good. True for Cell and true for real life.
Don't forget to slow down and enjoy yourself.