What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
SuperSaiyaManZ94
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1782
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:01 pm
Location: Alabama, USA

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:50 pm

Finally received my Dragon Box 7 discs in the mail, and i'm certainly excited to be that much closer to finishing out the collection at long last. :D

(Case has cover artwork of the second to last Kid Buu single, inserted by the seller.)

Image

Image

Image

Image
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:58 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:50 pm
Finally received my Dragon Box 7 discs in the mail, and i'm certainly excited to be that much closer to finishing out the collection at long last. :D

(Case has cover artwork of the second to last Kid Buu single, inserted by the seller.)

Image

Image

Image

Image
That's something FUNimation could have done themselves but who'd want it, right? The true hardcore fans are just whiny babies! FUNimation knows best and over saturating the colors as well as destroying details is how the show is supposed to look like. :D

User avatar
SuperSaiyaManZ94
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1782
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:01 pm
Location: Alabama, USA

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:00 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:58 pm
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:50 pm
Finally received my Dragon Box 7 discs in the mail, and i'm certainly excited to be that much closer to finishing out the collection at long last. :D

(Case has cover artwork of the second to last Kid Buu single, inserted by the seller.)

Image

Image

Image

Image
That's something FUNimation could have done themselves but who'd want it, right? The true hardcore fans are just whiny babies! FUNimation knows best and over saturating the colors as well as destroying details is how the show is supposed to look like. :D
Yeah i know right, they just can't leave the series as is and put it out the way it's really meant to be seen. :lol:
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:02 am

Just ordered this:

Image

It features the AB Groupe English dub commonly known as the "Big Green". I kept on searching and eventually found it at an OK price whereas everyone else were charging way higher. No way I'll pay the retail price for BDs/DVDs, I'd rather give it time and then snatch it. :P

There were only three of the "Big Green" DVDs released in the UK market so I already grabbed two, and just missing "The Strongest Guy in the World" which for some reason that's holding its value.

User avatar
SuperSaiyaManZ94
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1782
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:01 pm
Location: Alabama, USA

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:08 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:02 am
Just ordered this:

Image

It features the AB Groupe English dub commonly known as the "Big Green". I kept on searching and eventually found it at an OK price whereas everyone else were charging way higher. No way I'll pay the retail price for BDs/DVDs, I'd rather give it time and then snatch it. :P

There were only three of the "Big Green" DVDs released in the UK market so I already grabbed two, and just missing "The Strongest Guy in the World" which for some reason that's holding its value.
Man the Big Green dub is hilarious stuff, all the clips i have watched just make me break down laughing every time because the voices are so hilarious and unfitting for some of the characters that i just can't get enough.

Now that said, as laughably bad as Big Green is it's still much better than the Speedy dub. :lol:
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:15 am

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:08 am
Man the Big Green dub is hilarious stuff, all the clips i have watched just make me break down laughing every time because the voices are so hilarious and unfitting for some of the characters that i just can't get enough.

Now that said, as laughably bad as Big Green is it's still much better than the Speedy dub. :lol:
Yeah, but this is more as a collectible than to watch it. In the Netherlands (I think) were released 11 DVDs of it, 9 Movies and 2 TV Specials but it's pretty darn hard to find them all now.

Here's what it looks like:

Image
Image
List of movies:
Movie 1 - Super Battle in the World (= Movie 3)
Movie 2 - The Strongest Guy in the World (= Movie 2)
Movie 3 - Super Saiyan, Goku (= Movie 4)
Movie 4 - Super Rivals (= Movie 5)
Movie 5 - Fight! 10 Billion Power Warriors (= Movie 6)
Movie 6 - Super Battle of the Three Super Saiyans (= Movie 7)
Movie 7 - The Burning Battles (= Movie 8 )
Movie 8 - Super Guy in the Galaxy (= Movie 9)
Movie 9 - The Father of Goku (= TV Special 1 (Bardock))
Movie 10 - Gohan and Trunks (= TV Special 2 (Trunks))
Movie 11 - In Pursuit of Garlic (= Movie 1)
It makes no sense for the Dead Zone movie to be the 11th but it's the Big Green. lol

User avatar
SuperSaiyaManZ94
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1782
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:01 pm
Location: Alabama, USA

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:35 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:15 am
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:08 am
Man the Big Green dub is hilarious stuff, all the clips i have watched just make me break down laughing every time because the voices are so hilarious and unfitting for some of the characters that i just can't get enough.

Now that said, as laughably bad as Big Green is it's still much better than the Speedy dub. :lol:
Yeah, but this is more as a collectible than to watch it. In the Netherlands (I think) were released 11 DVDs of it, 9 Movies and 2 TV Specials but it's pretty darn hard to find them all now.

Here's what it looks like:

Image
Image
List of movies:
Movie 1 - Super Battle in the World (= Movie 3)
Movie 2 - The Strongest Guy in the World (= Movie 2)
Movie 3 - Super Saiyan, Goku (= Movie 4)
Movie 4 - Super Rivals (= Movie 5)
Movie 5 - Fight! 10 Billion Power Warriors (= Movie 6)
Movie 6 - Super Battle of the Three Super Saiyans (= Movie 7)
Movie 7 - The Burning Battles (= Movie 8 )
Movie 8 - Super Guy in the Galaxy (= Movie 9)
Movie 9 - The Father of Goku (= TV Special 1 (Bardock))
Movie 10 - Gohan and Trunks (= TV Special 2 (Trunks))
Movie 11 - In Pursuit of Garlic (= Movie 1)
It makes no sense for the Dead Zone movie to be the 11th but it's the Big Green. lol
Yeah, that does seem so weird that they numbered it so out of order when it was the first of the Z movies.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

bernhard90
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:09 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by bernhard90 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:22 pm

Lol I bought them all last month :mrgreen:

User avatar
SqueakyBoots
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:00 pm

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by SqueakyBoots » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:48 pm

"In Pursuit of Garlic" is a hilarious title.

User avatar
Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 977
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:03 pm

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by Bardo117 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:44 pm

Image
El Conejo Malo

bernhard90
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:09 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by bernhard90 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:55 pm

Thats not a purchase but a pre-order right?

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:32 pm

bernhard90 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:55 pm
Thats not a purchase but a pre-order right?
Correct, but it's just the Season Sets in 4:3 AR.

User avatar
No9tro
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:33 pm
Location: Lars Tyndskids mark

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by No9tro » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:58 am

I just received these Danish DVD Releases of Dragon Ball Z Movie 1, 4 and the Bardock special that I purchased recently
I'm pretty happy to own multiple pieces of Dragon Ball home media (that isn't the manga) in my native language even if the translation, voice acting, video quality etc. is what one would call subpar

(Edit:) Also I just noticed but the DVD for Movie 1 is only 39 minutes long whic confuses me since Kanzenshuu lists the movie as being Approx. 50 min. long. Anybody know what's missing on the DVD?
Last edited by No9tro on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Daimo-Rukiri
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1529
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:44 am
Location: U..S..A..

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:59 am

Bardo117 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:44 pm
Image
I also pre-ordered this but not for pq but more or less just to fill space on my shelf.
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5425
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:02 pm

Daimo-Rukiri wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:59 am
Bardo117 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:44 pm
Image
I also pre-ordered this but not for pq but more or less just to fill space on my shelf.
Filling space on a shelf is a silly reason to buy a release like that

User avatar
eledoremassis02
I Live Here
Posts: 3684
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:40 pm

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by eledoremassis02 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:05 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:02 pm
Daimo-Rukiri wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:59 am
Bardo117 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:44 pm
Image
I also pre-ordered this but not for pq but more or less just to fill space on my shelf.
Filling space on a shelf is a silly reason to buy a release like that
I hate to say it, but I don't see a reason why not. It's not like a lot of users on this tread of shared pictures of their collections that have most if not all of FUNi's release (orange bricks included)

User avatar
Char Aznable
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:02 pm
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by Char Aznable » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:22 pm

It's the same reason I ended up placing an order, not so much to fill space on the shelf but I just wanted a version on Blu-ray. I have the Dragon Boxes on DVD, now I want it on Blu-ray. I also happen to like the packaging, and I think the art book will have some good stuff in it. It's better than what we have now on Blu-ray (Level sets aside, I mean a complete release from 1-291), even though it's marginal at best. As I've stated before too, if you think that by some miracle it wouldn't hit the minimum 3,000 FUNi would just go back and say 'Wow, I guess we should do it right!' you are living in some kind of optimistic fantasy-land. They would affirm it as proof that the fanbase wants widescreen, and we'll never see the show released in 4:3 ever again. Period.

Guaranteed in a few years FUNi's next inevitable DBZ re-release will be in 4:3, mark my words.

User avatar
SuperSaiyaManZ94
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1782
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:01 pm
Location: Alabama, USA

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:26 pm

Char Aznable wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:22 pm
It's the same reason I ended up placing an order, not so much to fill space on the shelf but I just wanted a version on Blu-ray. I have the Dragon Boxes on DVD, now I want it on Blu-ray. I also happen to like the packaging, and I think the art book will have some good stuff in it. It's better than what we have now on Blu-ray (Level sets aside, I mean a complete release from 1-291), even though it's marginal at best. As I've stated before too, if you think that by some miracle it wouldn't hit the minimum 3,000 FUNi would just go back and say 'Wow, I guess we should do it right!' you are living in some kind of optimistic fantasy-land. They would affirm it as proof that the fanbase wants widescreen, and we'll never see the show released in 4:3 ever again. Period.

Guaranteed in a few years FUNi's next inevitable DBZ re-release will be in 4:3, mark my words.
I mean they corrected the aspect ratio to what it's supposed to be which is certainly an improvement, so i would say the next time they release it again that's what FUNi will stick to and not backtrack to fake widescreen again like they did after the Level sets went belly up.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

User avatar
Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:04 pm

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by Gligarman » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:44 pm

My most recent purchase was the new movie. But it's also my most recent refund because I refuse to pay for a defective video transfer with incorrect subs.

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:34 pm

Buying a $350 trashy release just to have on the shelf is a waste or money, if it were me I'd use it towards a quality release at the very least. Anyhow, I'm sniping two eBay auctions so if they go as planned I should get them for a decent price.

Post Reply