What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:23 pm

Picked these two bad boys up the other day a local gaming store, had no idea this place even existed until I just turned my head in the general direction that day lol.. This particular store has just about anything you could ask for and for more than reasonable prices, they had a copy of Golden Eye for 35 bucks.

Btw, I'm not sure if I'll ever get around to playing these but this particular Game Store does sell Japanese Famicons or even converter systems as well, So if I truly ever get the urge to play these I'll be sure to pick a system up down the line.

It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

SorikaiWolf89
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SorikaiWolf89 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:13 am

In the process of finally collecting the whole series on VHS including GT and the movies
Latest VHS set I got was the DBZ World Tournament Saga

RockTheDragon7688

Post by RockTheDragon7688 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:40 pm

Today at one of my Half Price Books i found the History of Trunks VHS (Edited) for 5 dollars :) . Definitely a nice price! I also found a yu-gi-oh!
VHS and a Popeye Japan tape... Plus a YuYu Hakusho vol.17 dvd , for the price of 17.00$ :D

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:50 pm

Polish edition of Dragon Ball Full Color Manga Volume 7 :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:42 pm

coola wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:50 pm Image
That's not the actual cover, right?

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:11 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:42 pm
Yes, it is :)
https://www.jpf.com.pl/produkt,Dragon-B ... -Color,109
https://thelasttavern.com/a-great-treat ... all-manga/
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:51 pm

coola wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:11 pm
TheGreatness25 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:42 pm
Yes, it is :)
https://www.jpf.com.pl/produkt,Dragon-B ... -Color,109
https://thelasttavern.com/a-great-treat ... all-manga/
I only asked because it doesn't look Polish at all. Interesting.

RockTheDragon7688

Post by RockTheDragon7688 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:10 pm

Revenge of cooler VHS tape for 8 Dollars! :)

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:02 pm

Just preordered DBS #20 and #21 along with the new Sand Land kanzenban.

(Kinda surprised to see this thread fall off like this. Any way we can get this pinned under the "show off your dragon ball crap" thread?)
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:43 am

By the end of May I purchased the vegeta versionnof the collection.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... MqtEc&s=10

Hope the URL works....

Update it works. Licensed product. Brand name is Neo City Dragon Ball collection 2023 ...I wanted the long sleeves one...but...it has freezer on it...ew.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:34 am

This Super Hero Collector's Edition, I have all the UK Collector's Editions released thus far, so thought why stop now?

It takes up a bit too much space, but as I'll be having kids soon I'm going to be putting all my DVDs and Blu-Rays in storage, so not too worried about storage for now, I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:23 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:34 am This Super Hero Collector's Edition, I have all the UK Collector's Editions released thus far, so thought why stop now?

It takes up a bit too much space, but as I'll be having kids soon I'm going to be putting all my DVDs and Blu-Rays in storage, so not too worried about storage for now, I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
Very nice!

Does it have any real special features? I got the regular Blu-ray/DVD combo and basically, the only special features are trailers (those don't count). I have been pretty disappointed in the lack of special features in their releases for a while and was wondering if this set had something better.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:21 am

TheGreatness25 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:23 amVery nice!

Does it have any real special features? I got the regular Blu-ray/DVD combo and basically, the only special features are trailers (those don't count). I have been pretty disappointed in the lack of special features in their releases for a while and was wondering if this set had something better.
Sadly no, special features are very barebones. The discs, as far as I'm aware are identical to the US release, and the packaging mirrors the German Crunchyroll Blu-Ray. I miss when Dragon Ball releases had more on-disc extras, even the fluff interviews with the Funimation cast on the Super parts was something, but would be great to have like a documentary about the licensing of Super Hero from TOEI or production of the dub. I loved the extras on the 2013/14 season sets, was nice to hear from Gen Fukanaga and some of the staff on the home video team.

With the space this Blu-Ray takes up I wish there were more physical extras though, like the Japanese 4K, which came with lots of art cards and a booklet, so may look at how I can get stuff like that separately.

Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:37 am

Closer look at the Super Collector's Edition for anyone interested. I like the art cards and poster.

It's also a big set, the standard Super Hero Blu-Ray fits in perfectly.

Gilby1385
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gilby1385 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:00 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:37 amImage
From my experience, it seems unusual for a UK DVD to be in NTSC. I'm guessing it's to preserve the original frame rate, since I'd imagine the Blu-ray release would have been like that.
Come out, come out, wherever you are! I see you! Well, it was worth a try.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:55 am

Gilby1385 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:00 amFrom my experience, it seems unusual for a UK DVD to be in NTSC. I'm guessing it's to preserve the original frame rate, since I'd imagine the Blu-ray release would have been like that.
Well our branch of Crunchyroll was Manga UK up until 2021, a company who did release NTSC DVDs. The Yu-Gi-Oh GX, 5Ds and Zexal DVDs were all NTSC as they were repackages of the US Cinedigm releases, and I believe the Super DVDs were NTSC too as Manga UK just used Funimation's discs for those (can't confirm though because I only have the Blu-Rays). I don't think the Super Hero DVD was authored in the UK, it was likely done in the US, which would make it NTSC.

Gilby1385
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gilby1385 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:58 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:55 am
Gilby1385 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:00 amFrom my experience, it seems unusual for a UK DVD to be in NTSC. I'm guessing it's to preserve the original frame rate, since I'd imagine the Blu-ray release would have been like that.
Well our branch of Crunchyroll was Manga UK up until 2021, a company who did release NTSC DVDs. The Yu-Gi-Oh GX, 5Ds and Zexal DVDs were all NTSC as they were repackages of the US Cinedigm releases, and I believe the Super DVDs were NTSC too as Manga UK just used Funimation's discs for those (can't confirm though because I only have the Blu-Rays). I don't think the Super Hero DVD was authored in the UK, it was likely done in the US, which would make it NTSC.
Makes sense to me.
Come out, come out, wherever you are! I see you! Well, it was worth a try.

King Bogo

Post by King Bogo » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:42 pm

I bought this for $10 Canadian however it is missing the disc of Super Battle of 3 Super Saiyas.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:45 am

I clearly have a problem because I own the 2013/14 Blu-Rays, almost two complete collections of the Manga UK Blu-Rays (missing season 1 steelbook), and most of the original DVD singles, but I owned the UK repackage of orange brick season 6 and went ahead and ordered the rest. I found them for dirt cheap and my OCD wouldn't let my collection of Manga UK DVDs for the original series have all of original Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball GT but not have a complete middle section.

I also have nostalgia for seeing the orange bricks in stores when they were the only way to own all of Dragon Ball Z uncut, and I know they'll all look nice on the shelf between the original series and GT.

One day I will pass my massive collection of Dragon Ball stuff on to my son.

Interestingly some of them are showing low stock on Amazon, so I wonder if Manga UK (now Crunchyroll) is going to let them go out of print and re-release them with the new company and BBFC logos?

SavageDragon

Post by SavageDragon » Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:25 pm

I got a Master Roshi figpin! It's like the anime went right off the screen onto my bookcase. :D