What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Drayenko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by Drayenko » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:32 pm

Excuse me, mind telling where you bought part 4 and how much did it cost? Thank you.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:35 pm

$US12.99 on Ebay.

Drayenko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Drayenko » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:47 pm

Thank you! That's amazingly cheap...

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:45 am

Dragon Ball Z Kai Part 8
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:34 am

Gonstead wrote:Dragon Ball Z Kai Part 8
Is that the final one you need for Kai, or you still need to get some? How much did you pay?

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:38 am

LordCrumb wrote:
Gonstead wrote:Dragon Ball Z Kai Part 8
Is that the final one you need for Kai, or you still need to get some? How much did you pay?
It's the final one but I would like to track down Part 4 Yamamoto sometime.

$39.00 at JB-Hi Fi which is the only store which actually stocked up on Kai with each new release. Had to drive all the way from the North Shore to Albany to get it like I did with Part 6 and 7.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:35 pm

These arrived today.. just need movie #2 and #12.

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:53 pm

The seven DBZ movie steelbooks which I bought from SSJSteve arrived in the post this morning :)

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:05 pm

It's always nice to see another Highlander fan LordCrumb :D
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:55 pm

samuraix123 wrote:It's always nice to see another Highlander fan LordCrumb :D
Haha :D That's the French release of Highlander 2.. Original theatrical version in Amamorphic widescreen. I re-encoded it to remove the forced subtitles, and put it in with my Blu-Ray :D

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:19 pm

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:19 pm

Just came in the mail today. I'll probably buy the Lunch and Goku SCultures next week when I get a little bit more cash (also subliminal images just because).

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:18 pm

Scarz wrote:Image

Just came in the mail today. I'll probably buy the Lunch and Goku SCultures next week when I get a little bit more cash (also subliminal images just because).
I know this is irrelevant to the topic but is that Chi-Chi with big chi-chis about to get raped by Goku?
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:14 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:I know this is irrelevant to the topic but is that Chi-Chi with big chi-chis about to get raped by Goku?
Close, it's Bardock.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:54 pm

Scarz wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:I know this is irrelevant to the topic but is that Chi-Chi with big chi-chis about to get raped by Goku?
Close, it's Bardock.
I think it would benefit us all if you could link to it :D

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:27 pm

LordCrumb wrote:
Scarz wrote:
Close, it's Bardock.
I think it would benefit us all if you could link to it :D
It's apart of her series, "Chi Chi's peril". I imagine that this page will page will be done soon. You can find it on her Tumblr.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:15 pm

Insertclevername wrote:
LordCrumb wrote:I think it would benefit us all if you could link to it :D
It's apart of her series, "Chi Chi's peril". I imagine that this page will page will be done soon. You can find it on her Tumblr.
Yup, you can check out the comic on my tumblr (the link is in my signature). I'm actually working on pages 3 and 4 right now.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:35 pm

4:3 :D

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:20 pm

Dragon Ball Movies Uncut :D

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:30 am

LordCrumb wrote:Image

Dragon Ball Movies Uncut :D
Um... Sorry for asking, but why didn't you just buy the Set with all four movies?