What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by Vegard Aune » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:27 am

This isn't really a "purchase" per se, as I got them for free, but...
These two figurines of Goku and Freeza.
Basically there was this festival at my university, and there was this old lady who was selling various merchandise from anime. She had all these DB-figurines, but they were kind of haphazardly thrown into a basket and most of them were in pieces, kinda dirty and completely unorganized. I just helped her put them together and organize them better n'stuff, and then I was like "I'd like these two figurines, how much do you want?" and then she was like "You can have them for free," and then I was like "Okay, thanks."

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:31 am

Free is good. Those are awesome!!!!

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:58 am

I want that Goku! Does it list what line and the manufacture is + a copyright date on the bottom?
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Vegard Aune » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:54 am

Daimo-Rukiri wrote:I want that Goku! Does it list what line and the manufacture is + a copyright date on the bottom?
The manufacturer listed is Banpresto, and the copyright says 2005. No info about the line it's from tho.

Mike
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mike » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:57 am

The Goku is from Banpresto's HQDX line, specifically series 03 of that line. The other figure in that series was Freeza in his final, buffed up form.

The Freeza figure in your image is from Bandai's Real Works figure line, specifically series 04.

-Mike

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:56 am

Vegard Aune wrote:This isn't really a "purchase" per se, as I got them for free, but...
These two figurines of Goku and Freeza.
Basically there was this festival at my university, and there was this old lady who was selling various merchandise from anime. She had all these DB-figurines, but they were kind of haphazardly thrown into a basket and most of them were in pieces, kinda dirty and completely unorganized. I just helped her put them together and organize them better n'stuff, and then I was like "I'd like these two figurines, how much do you want?" and then she was like "You can have them for free," and then I was like "Okay, thanks."
Hmm, I have that same Goku figure, but mine has orange clothes. I didn't know they made different colors of this. Interesting...

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:41 pm

Me and a good friend of mine forked over 60 bucks and got these.

I took the Goku, and he took Luffy, seeing as hes a One Piece nut.

We are gonna get these next.

Also, is it me, or does Goku pull off Luffy's outfit really well?
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:54 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Also, is it me, or does Goku pull off Luffy's outfit really well?
He does, he looks totally badass in that outfit. I've been wanting that figure for some time now, just haven't had the free cash to get to buying it. My girlfriend already has it and I keep threatening to steal it though. :lol:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:17 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Me and a good friend of mine forked over 60 bucks and got these.
Are you sure you bought the legitimate versions instead of the bootlegs?
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:24 pm

Gonstead wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Me and a good friend of mine forked over 60 bucks and got these.
Are you sure you bought the legitimate versions instead of the bootlegs?
Nope, theres a local anime/manga/comics shop in my town called Otaku Hobbies. Guy guys to Japan for a few weeks every few months and brings them back himself. I asked him to find these and he did for me to buy.
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Beyond Newbie

Post by ThePrinceOfSaiyans » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:48 am

I haven't purchased a DBZ product... I only watch online...

I feel ashamed, but I'm looking to pick up the series box set. :D

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:45 pm

Just need Perfect Cell saga and ultimatum single to fill the spot not having Dbox 4 made lol

dodge2461
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dodge2461 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:19 pm

I got my Dragon Box on Tuesday of last week, and was so amazed that I forgot to post it here. The quality is so much better.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:31 pm

dodge2461 wrote:I got my Dragon Box on Tuesday of last week, and was so amazed that I forgot to post it here. The quality is so much better.
Glad you got it! They are pretty great arent they! :D

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:32 pm

Just ordered my wife this for her birthday, seeing as she loves cats and even named ours Puar (despite my valiant attempt to name it Jinx...)

Shnuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shnuki » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:11 am

The last three Dragon Boxes:

And now I finally have them all :D I hope that FUNi will release the rest of them eventually. I'm tempted to get the complete series set of GT, since it's only $24,99 on Amazon - that's crazy!

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:20 am

Shnuki wrote:The last three Dragon Boxes:

And now I finally have them all :D I hope that FUNi will release the rest of them eventually. I'm tempted to get the complete series set of GT, since it's only $24,99 on Amazon - that's crazy!
I envy you so much right now. Gonna get the perfect cell saga singles to complete my faux dbox 4 lol

Shnuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shnuki » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:31 am

Oh, believe me, I wasn't sure I would be able to complete my collection when Amazon.ca cancelled my order for the second box. I thought about filling the missing spot with remastered season 2 (ugh...) and three Freeza saga singles, but fortunately, one of the members here sold me his copy for $250. Yeah, that's a lot, but since then I haven't seen a better price for it, so I guess I was lucky.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:52 pm

Not a bad deal considering the price they go for!

Just got the Hero's legacy single. Debating weither to stick with the season sets or get all GT singles. hmm

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:23 am

eledoremassis02 wrote:Not a bad deal considering the price they go for!

Just got the Hero's legacy single. Debating whether to stick with the season sets or get all GT singles. hmm
I'd probably just go for the GT Season Sets. More bang for your buck and at least the quality is pretty good.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)