What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:22 pm

Finished my Dragon Box (DB+Z & GT (FUNi singles) collection with the purchase of rental discs. Packed them in 6 disc cases for storage space

Image Image Image

KingVegetto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by KingVegetto » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:44 pm

Bought Curse of the Blood Rubies and Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle, neither of which which i've ever seen before so i'm very interested to see what those films are like.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:29 am

KingVegetto wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:44 pm Bought Curse of the Blood Rubies and Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle, neither of which which i've ever seen before so i'm very interested to see what those films are like.
Just make sure you watch Sleeping Princess in Japanese

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:34 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:29 am
KingVegetto wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:44 pm Bought Curse of the Blood Rubies and Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle, neither of which which i've ever seen before so i'm very interested to see what those films are like.
No argument there, that and Mystical Adventure should absolutely be watched subbed because the dubs of both but especially the former are copious amounts of awful.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:37 am

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:34 am
No argument there, that and Mystical Adventure should absolutely be watched subbed because the dubs of both but especially the former are copious amounts of awful.
Meh Mystical Adventure’s dub aint good but if you can deal with the original broadcast dub of Z season 3 you can deal with Mystical Adventure’s dub. Sleeping Princess’s dub is even worse than the dub of the Captain Ginyu saga

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:04 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:37 am
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:34 am

Meh Mystical Adventure’s dub aint good but if you can deal with the original broadcast dub of Z season 3 you can deal with Mystical Adventure’s dub. Sleeping Princess’s dub is even worse than the dub of the Captain Ginyu saga
Yeah the MA dub is so so and at about Season 3 level, but SPIDC is absolutely and unequivocally so awful that there’s really no reason at all to watch it that way. Both movies are best experienced in their original Japanese forms as i just cannot bear the dubs. The former sounds like it was recorded into soda cans in someone’s garage, and apparently this is so because FUNimation didn’t have good audio recording equipment on hand when they originally transitioned to in house. Just listen to Sleeping Princess and the 1999 version of DBZ Season 3 and it's quite obvious they have that cheap bargain bin sound.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:50 pm

I caved and bought these:

I was reading the English manga and came across these:

Now, I'm pretty sure that it's not "Turtle House" and Vegeta doesn't call Goku "Goku." So now they're just making obvious changes (unless I'm wrong... but I'll find out!). So, decided I want the original... just like my Tankōbon and full colored.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:50 pm

The singles for Dragon Ball GT (without the boxes). Including A Hero's Legacy. I withheld getting these for awhile but after sampling them, I don't regret it.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:55 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:50 pm I caved and bought these:

Now, I'm pretty sure that it's not "Turtle House" and Vegeta doesn't call Goku "Goku." So now they're just making obvious changes (unless I'm wrong... but I'll find out!). So, decided I want the original... just like my Tankōbon and full colored.
What chapter is it?

KingVegetto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by KingVegetto » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:05 pm

Got Bojack, Mystical Adventure and one of the Vegeta Saga singles.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:50 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:55 pm
TheGreatness25 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:50 pm I caved and bought these:

What chapter is it?
The "Turtle House" is from chapter 21. The Vegeta calling Goku "Goku" thing is from chapter 22.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:52 pm

Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors (never played) and Supersonic Warriors 2 (nostalgic purchase, plus I remember it being fun). A custom case for Supersonic Warriors 1. And I finally completed Super on Blu-Ray with Parts 6, 7, and 8 during a recent Target sale.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:04 pm

Heck to the yeah!

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:11 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:04 pm Heck to the yeah!
Now thats what I'm talkin about!

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:40 am

I recently picked up Part 2 and 3 of Kai TFC on Blu-ray, the Super Part 1 Blu-ray, and DBS Broly on Blu-ray. I also have the Kai 1.0 Part 5 Blu-ray on it's way in shipping.
I haven't really been in the Dragon Ball mood at all recently, but I've, for some reason or another, have returned, and am picking up my slack in the collecting department. My current goal is to have all the Kai and Super Parts on Blu-ray, along with the recent movies. Super should be easy enough, as all the parts are still in print and at an affordable price, but Kai probably won't be. Parts 1-4 and 6-8 aren't in print anymore and are only available used, and the former cost a lot more now thanks to the goddamn plagiarist Kenji Yamamoto.
I'm not sure whether to get Z, considering the quality of the current releases (yay DVNR,) but if I do, I'll probably go for the upcoming 4:3 Blu-ray sets that are releasing soon, the non-steelbook, non-30th anniversary one. On DB and GT, as they are still only on DVD, I might just stick to Hulu for convenience, and the fact that it has JP title cards and the such. But knowing me, I'll probably eventually budge and get the Blue/Green Brick(s.)

Yes, I'm somehow still alive. I haven't posted in almost two years, but I (think) I'll be back. I know I say that a lot and then disappear for a few months or a year, but this time, I think I'll be back.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:50 am

Bought the second and third Season Pass of Dragon Ball FighterZ.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:39 am

What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?
Kakarot the video game

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:16 am

Dragonball Super 15 and the Complete Toriyama Manga Theater
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:06 am

BIt of a necropost by this point :lol:

Just reacquired all of the FUNi Dragon Box sets, as well as getting some extra sets that were included here. A friend referred me to this listing on Trademe (NZ site), for only $1000 buy now. Probably the first listing I've seen since I sold mine there.

I did originally have these, got them as they first released, but in 2014, I made a dumb decision to sell them towards funding my DBZ Blu-ray project (getting a 4TB HDD and discs/cases) which I eventually cancelled. Later regretted it years after and ended up getting the JPN sets instead after seeing that the prices got ridiculous.

Guess I could call this "having a second chance" for my mistake then and only having to pay 2x what I sold mine for, no way I would get that opportunity again. I don't need the DB collections as I have the original single case boxsets and know someone who was planning to buy them, so I can make a bit back on that.

I did use to have the DBZ movie singles and sold my first copies to a friend years back, so I got those back too. I didn't really need to get the DBGT Green Bricks as I already have the singles, but it's a nice compact set to have with my limited wall shelf space. But that spine error with Goku on the season 2 spine instead of Gogeta, WTF Madman :lol:

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:56 pm

Picked up some more manga stuff at the local Books a Million. :D

Basically, i got Volume 11 of the Super manga although i had been actually wanting to get Vol. 10 as it was the next one for me to pick up but in the DBS section of the manga shelves they didn't have it in stock. Thus i had to settle on getting the next one so i will have to go back later and grab it as a back volume and just keep on with getting the next ones.

Also picked up the Akira Toriyama's Manga Theater omnibus, and while it's not specifically Dragon Ball related it does have the one shots "Dragon Boy" and "The Adventures of Tongpoo" which were the stories that lead into Toriyama creating Dragon Ball shortly after so it's still relevant in that sense.