What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

bernhard90
Not-So-Newbie

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by bernhard90 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:58 am

The easiest way for Dutch people to order official dragon ball media is trough Zavvi because they ship to the Netherlands.
All of the orange bricks they sell via retailers are import.

There is one Dutch release and they are the big green dvd's! :D And 8 dvd's with the first episodes with ocean dub! I got them all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxWPH8v ... e=youtu.be

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:03 pm

Finally got the rest of the old single releases for the 4:3 versions of the original thirteen DBZ movies as noted in the Christmas thread, and now i own them all in both fullscreen and widescreen.

Here's a pic showing them all together.

DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

bernhard90
Not-So-Newbie

Post by bernhard90 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:42 pm

Yes! Finally!

ImageIMG_3067 by Bernhard I, on Flickr

bernhard90
Not-So-Newbie

Post by bernhard90 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:40 pm

Manga's UK Dragon Ball Super Collectors edition

ImageIMG_3105 by Bernhard I, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3106 by Bernhard I, on Flickr

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:48 pm

bernhard90 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:40 pm Manga's UK Dragon Ball Super Collectors edition

ImageIMG_3105 by Bernhard I, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3106 by Bernhard I, on Flickr
I have that set too. It's a great thing to have for any collection even if, like me, you already owned all of Super.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:29 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:03 pm Finally got the rest of the old single releases for the 4:3 versions of the original thirteen DBZ movies as noted in the Christmas thread, and now i own them all in both fullscreen and widescreen.

Heeeeeeey! looks like we was competing against each other because I just recently got them back as well haha I also just got in a trade from a friend, all of the Ultimate Uncut sets. Idk...that Intro on those sets always used to get me hyped up haha

Edit- I was so scared the DVDs that I ordered would be scratched or the cases messed up etc etc because they're starting to get some age on em, luckily that wasn't the case. you should try to see if you can get find the bardock single. it's pretty pricey now.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:55 pm

samuraix123 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:29 pm
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:03 pm Finally got the rest of the old single releases for the 4:3 versions of the original thirteen DBZ movies as noted in the Christmas thread, and now i own them all in both fullscreen and widescreen.

Heeeeeeey! looks like we was competing against each other because I just recently got them back as well haha I also just got in a trade from a friend, all of the Ultimate Uncut sets. Idk...that Intro on those sets always used to get me hyped up haha

Edit- I was so scared the DVDs that I ordered would be scratched or the cases messed up etc etc because they're starting to get some age on em, luckily that wasn't the case. you should try to see if you can get find the bardock single. it's pretty pricey now.
I've actually got the Bardock special DVD, i managed to find a used good condition copy on Amazon a couple years ago which was about $15 or so. Definitely a great bargain when compared to some of the ones i've seen floating around more recently especially on eBay.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:01 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:55 pm

I've actually got the Bardock special DVD already, i managed to find a used go of condition copy on Amazon a couple years ago which was about $15 or so. Definitely a great bargain when compared to some of the ones i've seen floating around more recently especially on eBay.
Let me know if you don't care if you find another copy of it and we'll trade around on it or I can buy it off ya for a good price. everyone online like amazon and stuff want my soul for a copy of it haha
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:05 pm

samuraix123 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:01 pm

I've actually got the Bardock special DVD already, i managed to find a used go of condition copy on Amazon a couple years ago which was about $15 or so. Definitely a great bargain when compared to some of the ones i've seen floating around more recently especially on eBay.
Let me know if you don't care if you find another copy of it and we'll trade around on it or I can buy it off ya for a good price. everyone online like amazon and stuff want my soul for a copy of it haha
I'll see if i come across a decent priced copy of it at some point or maybe you could even jump on it yourself, though that's going to be pretty tough because the lowest one i've found just quick searching was used for $39 on Amazon which isn't too bad but there's no way in hell i'm shelling out $60+ like what some of the others are going for. Boy i sure got lucky snagging mine when i did.

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:48 pm

Got Seasons 6 and 7 last Wednesday. Only two more sets to go.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:11 am

I posted this elsewhere, but I now own the ENTIRETY of the original work! In addition to just owning all of the manga like any good fan should, it'll help a lot with Trivia for the Rewatch threads since beforehand I only had the first third digitally and Saiyan/Namek as Full Colours. I have Kai but it'd take a while just to watch the requisite five episodes each week.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:38 am

JEFFMAN219 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:48 pm Got Seasons 6 and 7 last Wednesday. Only two more sets to go.

Oh man, these things came out so quickly! They'd usually do a release once every three months. I'm impressed.

KBABZ wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:11 am I posted this elsewhere, but I now own the ENTIRETY of the original work! In addition to just owning all of the manga like any good fan should, it'll help a lot with Trivia for the Rewatch threads since beforehand I only had the first third digitally and Saiyan/Namek as Full Colours. I have Kai but it'd take a while just to watch the requisite five episodes each week.

Oh, I love that. That's so awesome! I was honestly seriously considering these, but ultimately decided against it because I have the Tankōbon release, the full Japanese color release, and the Viz Bigs. But I've still always wanted these (even though, space is kind of limited). Man... Enjoy!

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:20 am

TheGreatness25 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:38 am
JEFFMAN219 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:48 pm Got Seasons 6 and 7 last Wednesday. Only two more sets to go.

Oh man, these things came out so quickly! They'd usually do a release once every three months. I'm impressed.
Guessing for the 2013/14 Blu-Rays Funimation spent the time between releases deciding what to crop out of the picture? This time evidently they're just repackaging the 30th anniversary discs so the shorter timeframe makes sense.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:17 am

TheGreatness25 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:38 am Oh, I love that. That's so awesome! I was honestly seriously considering these, but ultimately decided against it because I have the Tankōbon release, the full Japanese color release, and the Viz Bigs. But I've still always wanted these (even though, space is kind of limited). Man... Enjoy!
I think ultimately I would have preferred the ViZ Bigs because they keep the colour pages coloured, but there's one advantage to these two carry-box releases:

I can draw in brackets for the arcs!

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:27 am

Yup can't wait to complete my collection.

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:29 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:20 am

Guessing for the 2013/14 Blu-Rays Funimation spent the time between releases deciding what to crop out of the picture? This time evidently they're just repackaging the 30th anniversary discs so the shorter timeframe makes sense.
Yup these Steelbooks are basically the 30th anniversary set repackaged. Hell when I insert the disks into my PS4 it says Dragon Ball Z 30th anniversary.

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:44 am

JEFFMAN219 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:29 amYup these Steelbooks are basically the 30th anniversary set repackaged. Hell when I insert the disks into my PS4 it says Dragon Ball Z 30th anniversary.
LOL that's really lazy of FUNimation! :lol:

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:09 am

To be fair, it has been 30 years of DBZ. Also, what's the official name of this release?

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:10 pm

Honestly, there's been so many here lately that sometimes I don't remember if I posted about them or not? I recently got all of Dragonball GT DVD singles even though I already had the orange bricks. and I got all of the ultimate uncut DVDs because I used to love watching it when it aired on Toonami, God...like..1 time it feels like? haha I remember it not showing long on there? :?:
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:57 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:05 pm
samuraix123 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:01 pm

I'll see if i come across a decent priced copy of it at some point or maybe you could even jump on it yourself, though that's going to be pretty tough because the lowest one i've found just quick searching was used for $39 on Amazon which isn't too bad but there's no way in hell i'm shelling out $60+ like what some of the others are going for. Boy i sure got lucky snagging mine when i did.
Yeah I ended up buying three different VHS tapes of the Bardock special(one was too damaged to even play and fell apart as soon as I took it out of the box, another was too faded to see anything, the third played fine but promptly fell apart after I ejected it) and it still cost me considerably less then the DVD.

As for my recent purchases during my two-month absence from here, I got the original DVD release of Tree of Might(the jewel-case version, always wondered why DVDs in Jewel-cases never caught on) and the Freeza Clash and Death of a Prince singles(had no clue the former was so difficult to find on DVD, ended up paying 20 bucks for the uncut VHS which is the most i've paid for one of these singles so far)
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku