What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:52 am

The translated Daizenshuu.

I love it so~. :mrgreen:
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:20 am

I bought every single Dragonball/Z manga.
Came to £100, not oo shabby.
God bless you eBay.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:22 am

My most recent Dragonball purchase would be Shen Long Cell strap thing...
(not for me), and the "collector's edition" of the French DB manga release.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:46 am

I just picked up the old "Fusion Saga" DVD Set off eBay. Now I just need the Majin Buu and Kid Buu sets to complete my fullscreen collection! :twisted:

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:39 am

Even though I already posted some of it in the "show off your Dragon Ball crap thread" here are my most recent purchases:

Complete Song Collection Vol. 3

Daizenshuu 7

Drag on Box singles Vol. 30 and 31 (the only thing that bothered me about these is that the seller threw in empty cases of volumes 32 and 33, I mean seriously, how do you lose these gems!? Can't complain though, the price for these was amazing.
Trans rights, now!

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:16 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Mon May 02, 2011 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Velasa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Velasa » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:23 pm

Right now what I'm doing is picking up as many dual-language dvds as there are for the show. I got the first 43 eps of the series on the old Pioneer singles for less than $30, so I went with it because I love me some Scott.

In terms of the Sayiajin-Freezer bricks, right now I am waiting. I have to time out my purchases anyway because my job is only so good for bringing in money, so I am waiting and seeing what happens with the bricks, and if they later release HD/whatever dvds that -are- fullscreen. If they do, woohoo! If they don't, at some point in time I will cave in and just go for what's available, even if as violently familiar with the series as I am it'll drive me crazy when every image is cropped up.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

mystic trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mystic trunks » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:41 pm

Dragonball z shirt from hottopic.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:25 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote:
SonGokuGT wrote:I just picked up the old "Fusion Saga" DVD Set off eBay. Now I just need the Majin Buu and Kid Buu sets to complete my fullscreen collection! :twisted:
Once in awhile I hear about people collecting the “whole” series in fullscreen. My question is how are people accomplishing this with regards to the end of the Saiya-jin saga/first half of the Freeza saga?

The UUE DVDs were discontinued right around when Nappa kills Piccolo. The FUNi singles don’t pick up again until the fight between Goku and Ginyu. That’s a rather glaringly large gap that can’t otherwise be filled in fullscreen to my knowledge.

Only way I can see doing so is if one taped those episodes off Adult Swim, or if they simply bought the old Saban/Ocean DVDs for those episodes… and those are so edited/censored/hacked up that it’s totally not even worth it.

Even Captain Awesome, who’s about as staunchly anti-widescreen for DBZ as it gets, had to buy at least the first two Orange Brick sets in order to close the gap in his fullscreen singles. So what do people otherwise do? Just opt for the Dragon Box singles? Download 'em?
I have the orange bricks for the uncut and the Saiyan Conflist and Namek Saga Pioneer box sets for nostalgia attacks.

Zitese
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Zitese » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:44 pm

Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for Wii.
Buy my rice and curry?

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:56 pm

My most recent purchase is Volume 1 and 2 of the DBZ DragonBoxes. Finally, after a month of purchases, I own all the DragonBoxes!
Took me a about a month to decide and finally buy them. I am glad I did too!

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:58 pm

Um, Sonic Adventure 2 for my Gamecube?

And volumes 16, 17, and 18 of the Viz manga
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:23 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote:
SonGokuGT wrote:I just picked up the old "Fusion Saga" DVD Set off eBay. Now I just need the Majin Buu and Kid Buu sets to complete my fullscreen collection! :twisted:
Once in awhile I hear about people collecting the “whole” series in fullscreen. My question is how are people accomplishing this with regards to the end of the Saiya-jin saga/first half of the Freeza saga?

The UUE DVDs were discontinued right around when Nappa kills Piccolo. The FUNi singles don’t pick up again until the fight between Goku and Ginyu. That’s a rather glaringly large gap that can’t otherwise be filled in fullscreen to my knowledge.

Only way I can see doing so is if one taped those episodes off Adult Swim, or if they simply bought the old Saban/Ocean DVDs for those episodes… and those are so edited/censored/hacked up that it’s totally not even worth it.

Even Captain Awesome, who’s about as staunchly anti-widescreen for DBZ as it gets, had to buy at least the first two Orange Brick sets in order to close the gap in his fullscreen singles. So what do people otherwise do? Just opt for the Dragon Box singles? Download 'em?
I actually have tapes of the fullscreen uncut Namek and Ginyu stuff. Once I get a VHS to DVD converter thing, they will be up for free.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:28 pm

Mine was the first Daizenshuu. It's got all of these cool pictures. Anyone heard of that book???
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:30 pm

After reaching into my pocket today I found the receipt for my most recent Dragonball purchase. I will soon have to burn it so that it will not be found (yes throwing it in the trash would be easier but I like fire) so I'd thought I'd put it up here so that I'd have a digital copy and because I just felt like it.

*Edit: Burn! Burn! Burn!

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:55 pm

I am not gonna lie, you have some crazy parents.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:19 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:I am not gonna lie, you have some crazy parents.
Ya, I know. :lol:

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:21 am

Let's see now...Most recent...I wish I could say the Daizenshuu but I'm so low on cash right now...I think it was a Pre-Order for Orange Brick #6 + Remastered Movies 3-4.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:05 pm

I just got all of these for really cheap
Ebay:
Dragonball Z: Cooler's Revenge
Dragonball Z: Super Android 13
Dragonball Z: Bojack Unbound
Dragonball Z: Rebirth of Fusion

Amazon:
Dragonball Z: Bio Broly
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:33 pm

Raki wrote: Dragonball Z: Bio Broly
Wait, so people actually still buy this movie? :lol:
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ