What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:03 am

Planetnamek wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:57 pm
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:05 pm
samuraix123 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:01 pm
Let me know if you don't care if you find another copy of it and we'll trade around on it or I can buy it off ya for a good price. everyone online like amazon and stuff want my soul for a copy of it haha
I'll see if i come across a decent priced copy of it at some point or maybe you could even jump on it yourself, though that's going to be pretty tough because the lowest one i've found just quick searching was used for $39 on Amazon which isn't too bad but there's no way in hell i'm shelling out $60+ like what some of the others are going for. Boy i sure got lucky snagging mine when i did.
Yeah I ended up buying three different VHS tapes of the Bardock special(one was too damaged to even play and fell apart as soon as I took it out of the box, another was too faded to see anything, the third played fine but promptly fell apart after I ejected it) and it still cost me considerably less then the DVD.

As for my recent purchases during my two-month absence from here, I got the original DVD release of Tree of Might(the jewel-case version, always wondered why DVDs in Jewel-cases never caught on) and the Freeza Clash and Death of a Prince singles(had no clue the former was so difficult to find on DVD, ended up paying 20 bucks for the uncut VHS which is the most i've paid for one of these singles so far)
Wow, crazy to think those single DVD's are that pricey (Some to around the same or more than what the original prices were in stores back then) but i figure they're more valuable these days especially the ones comprising Season 3 as those have the untouched dub without the crappy post 2007 partial re dubbing and the original version of the Team Faulconer score.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:06 am

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:03 am
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:05 pm

I'll see if i come across a decent priced copy of it at some point or maybe you could even jump on it yourself, though that's going to be pretty tough because the lowest one i've found just quick searching was used for $39 on Amazon which isn't too bad but there's no way in hell i'm shelling out $60+ like what some of the others are going for. Boy i sure got lucky snagging mine when i did.
Yeah I ended up buying three different VHS tapes of the Bardock special(one was too damaged to even play and fell apart as soon as I took it out of the box, another was too faded to see anything, the third played fine but promptly fell apart after I ejected it) and it still cost me considerably less then the DVD.

As for my recent purchases during my two-month absence from here, I got the original DVD release of Tree of Might(the jewel-case version, always wondered why DVDs in Jewel-cases never caught on) and the Freeza Clash and Death of a Prince singles(had no clue the former was so difficult to find on DVD, ended up paying 20 bucks for the uncut VHS which is the most i've paid for one of these singles so far)
Wow, crazy to think those single DVD's are that pricey now but i figure they're more valuable especially the ones comprising Season 3/the Freeza episodes as those have the untouched dub without the crappy post 2007 re dubbing and the original version of the Team Faulconer score.
It's odd because some of the Frieza singles are pretty cheap(I got several of the tapes for less then 10 bucks) and Death of a Prince DVD I was able to get for like 15 bucks. If the later releases were the rarer ones i'd understand it(Which is the case for volume 8 of DiC's Knights of the Zodiac, which i've been searching for for over a year but still have not yet found, took me ages just to find Volume 7 and it cost me like 40 bucks) but it seems completely random which DBZ singles are expensive and/or hard to find and which ones are reasonably priced
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:16 am

Planetnamek wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:06 am

Wow, crazy to think those single DVD's are that pricey now but i figure they're more valuable especially the ones comprising Season 3/the Freeza episodes as those have the untouched dub without the crappy post 2007 re dubbing and the original version of the Team Faulconer score.
It's odd because some of the Frieza singles are pretty cheap(I got several of the tapes for less then 10 bucks) and Death of a Prince DVD I was able to get for like 15 bucks. If the later releases were the rarer ones i'd understand it(Which is the case for volume 8 of DiC's Knights of the Zodiac, which i've been searching for for over a year but still have not yet found, took me ages just to find Volume 7 and it cost me like 40 bucks) but it seems completely random which DBZ singles are expensive and/or hard to find and which ones are reasonably priced
True, some of the discs seem to be more randomly expensive than others but still quite a few of them are available now for less than the $25 to $30 a pop they initially sold for back in the early 2000's. That's how i remember quite a lot of home releases of anime series being at the time, as when i was a little kid and my folks would get me the old school three episode Viz/Pioneer Pokemon volumes it was always the VHS versions as those seemed to be more widely available over the DVD's in pretty much every video store and other place in our area that had them at the time.

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:19 am

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:16 am
Planetnamek wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:06 am

True, some of the discs seem to be more randomly expensive than others but still quite a few of them are available now for less than the $25 to $30 a pop they initially sold for back in the early 2000's. That's how i remember quite a lot of home releases of anime series being at the time, as when i was a little kid and my folks would get me the old school three episode Viz/Pioneer Pokemon volumes it was always the VHS versions as those seemed to be more widely available over the DVD's in pretty much every video store and other place in our area that had them at the time.
I'm pretty sure my local library had the singles, but weirdly enough I never rented them even though I did frequently rent Sailor Moon tapes all the time.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:33 am

Planetnamek wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:19 am
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:16 am
Planetnamek wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:06 am It's odd because some of the Frieza singles are pretty cheap(I got several of the tapes for less then 10 bucks) and Death of a Prince DVD I was able to get for like 15 bucks. If the later releases were the rarer ones i'd understand it(Which is the case for volume 8 of DiC's Knights of the Zodiac, which i've been searching for for over a year but still have not yet found, took me ages just to find Volume 7 and it cost me like 40 bucks) but it seems completely random which DBZ singles are expensive and/or hard to find and which ones are reasonably priced
I'm pretty sure my local library had the singles, but weirdly enough I never rented them even though I did frequently rent Sailor Moon tapes all the time.
I don't recall any of the libraries in our area having Dragon Ball or Pokemon tapes/discs (or other anime for that matter) for rentals so it was mostly just the video stores and major big box places that had them.

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:53 pm

Got seasons 8 and 9 today and finally completed my collection. Even though this isn't a perfect release I'm glad that I now own all of DBZ in the original 4:3 aspect ratio. This will probably be the final time that I'll buy a DBZ home release.

Image Image

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:01 am

Got all the remaining Funimation singles for the Freeza Saga- Desperation, Super Saiyan Goku, Eleventh Hour, Fall of a Tyrant and Namek's End as well as the first Garlic Jr single Black Water Mist and the original uncut DVD release of Return of Cooler.

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:13 pm

Bought the Pioneer versions of World's Strongest and Dead Zone along with the original DVD release of History of Trunks.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:47 am

Caved and decided to start getting the blue bricks. Just bought season one for now.

Was holding out for a blue ray release but who we kidding Funimation has like 4 different blue ray releases for Z

PanSimpson
Banned

Post by PanSimpson » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:02 pm

Bought Dragon Ball Super Manga Volumes 1 and 2.

I just started reading the manga version of Super.

ParanoidAndroid32

Post by ParanoidAndroid32 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:10 pm

I bought three lots today featuring roughly 50 Funi singles which contain all of the Trunks through Cell Games Saga, the entire World Tournament and Kid Buu Sagas, other assorted singles throughout the Great Saiyaman to Majin Buu Sagas, and a handful of the movies.

Nosferatu93
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nosferatu93 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:27 pm

JEFFMAN219 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:53 pm Got seasons 8 and 9 today and finally completed my collection. Even though this isn't a perfect release I'm glad that I now own all of DBZ in the original 4:3 aspect ratio. This will probably be the final time that I'll buy a DBZ home release.

Image Image
The steelbooks look damn fine tbh
Hellsing

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:57 am

Nosferatu93 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:27 pm
JEFFMAN219 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:53 pm Got seasons 8 and 9 today and finally completed my collection. Even though this isn't a perfect release I'm glad that I now own all of DBZ in the original 4:3 aspect ratio. This will probably be the final time that I'll buy a DBZ home release.

Image Image
The steelbooks look damn fine tbh
Okay, I realize they've been using the same covers, more or less, as the orange bricks but it's still weird to not see Gohan at all? Not in season 6 as Super Saiyan 2 Gohan, not in season 7 as the Great Saiyaman. But Goku and Vegeta are both on the covers twice and Piccolo is on the season 7 cover despite his severely reduced screen time in the Great Saiyaman saga.

Make it make sense Funimation.

Nosferatu93
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nosferatu93 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:40 am

They cant release it properly. Removing grain and adding fake one makes no sense either 🥲 typical funimation things
Hellsing

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon May 03, 2021 7:26 pm

My most recent Dragon Ball pick ups from within the last few weeks, a Freeza shirt and another four volumes of the Super manga.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat May 22, 2021 5:45 pm

Here's more Dragon Ball stuff, i acquired these among other things at a nearby convention in Florida recently while staying down there a day or so which is a boost to the manga collection.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:42 am

The new Z season 9 Blu-Ray. It's a very bittersweet one as this will be the final release to carry the Manga UK logo, but least they ended on a high with their packaging.

http://www.up1.co.uk/Details/D3149-Drag ... yb+Blu-Ray
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:06 pm

Just repurchased Daizenshuu 2 and 4. After this all I'll need is 7 to have all 7 main Daizenshuu again and the Carddass volumes to have all the Daizenshuu period (Gonna have to save for both of those Carddass ones since they both run over $100).

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:01 pm

Got the first two Ultimate Uncut singles, all of the Garlic Jr singles and some of the Android singles as well as the original DVD of History of Trunks and the original DVDs for the movies Return of Cooler, Super Android 13 and Broly the Legendary Super Saiyan.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:53 pm

The Jaco manga, along with Volumes 12 and 13 of the Dragon Ball Super manga.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.