What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by ChronoTwigger » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:04 pm

That one to my son

and this:
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:25 pm

This should arrive tomorrow :D
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:51 am

How much do the S.H.Figuarts normally go for? I saw some in HotTopic of all places for $36.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:52 am

THEGOKU wrote:How much do the S.H.Figuarts normally go for? I saw some in HotTopic of all places for $36.
Depending on how rare they are, from $40 for regularly released ones to over $200 for ones like Cell that are limited releases

SSbardock84

Post by SSbardock84 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:55 am

Color Manga Dragon Ball: Frieza Arc Vol. 3

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:14 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
THEGOKU wrote:How much do the S.H.Figuarts normally go for? I saw some in HotTopic of all places for $36.
Depending on how rare they are, from $40 for regularly released ones to over $200 for ones like Cell that are limited releases
Ah ok because I saw the price and thought it was odd. So the mass produced ones that $40 is their regular price mark. I guess that isn't bad seeing as how I thought regular price was $70.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:48 pm

THEGOKU wrote:Ah ok because I saw the price and thought it was odd. So the mass produced ones that $40 is their regular price mark. I guess that isn't bad seeing as how I thought regular price was $70.
It's actually a bit more complicated than that, but only a bit. Normal sized releases do tend to hover around the $40 mark, but they can and do vary depending on the size of the character or number of accessories. I think Broli might have been the most expensive, at nearly $70 at release, but SS3 Goku was $47, Perfect Cell was $60, etc. Character's prices eventually skyrocket after their production comes to an end, and of course SDCC exclusives are another matter as well.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:51 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
THEGOKU wrote:Ah ok because I saw the price and thought it was odd. So the mass produced ones that $40 is their regular price mark. I guess that isn't bad seeing as how I thought regular price was $70.
It's actually a bit more complicated than that, but only a bit. Normal sized releases do tend to hover around the $40 mark, but they can and do vary depending on the size of the character or number of accessories. I think Broli might have been the most expensive, at nearly $70 at release, but SS3 Goku was $47, Perfect Cell was $60, etc. Character's prices eventually skyrocket after their production comes to an end, and of course SDCC exclusives are another matter as well.
Ah okay this is why I see them at different prices I just thought it was a matter of how rare it was compared to another. Is there a site you would recommend that ships them fast and is reliable. I have my eye on a few I would like to own at some point especially if they do a Goku Black figure which I'm sure they would.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:59 pm

THEGOKU wrote:Ah okay this is why I see them at different prices I just thought it was a matter of how rare it was compared to another. Is there a site you would recommend that ships them fast and is reliable. I have my eye on a few I would like to own at some point especially if they do a Goku Black figure which I'm sure they would.
I used to use ToyzInTheBox because they had free shipping and if you caught them soon after the listing was posted, they were usually $10-20 off the MSRP (but slowly increase towards it as release nears).

I can't really say how they compare anymore though, as I stopped collecting the releases once Golden Freeza shipped and he was way smaller than their Final Form Freeza release. I can tolerate scale problems between characters to an extent, but a form that was shown to increase in size being smaller than the one before it? Come on...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:13 pm

Finally. Ordered the Super re release of this bad Saiyan.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

$18 plus free shipping from Japan can't go wrong!

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:17 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Finally. Ordered the Super re release of this bad Saiyan.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Post a picture or two when you get it; I'd love to see it.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:28 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Sure! :) I'm actually quite curious haven't seen anyone post anything from this re release wonder if it's any different to the BoG one .

AS_Saiyan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by AS_Saiyan » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:25 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Sure! :) I'm actually quite curious haven't seen anyone post anything from this re release wonder if it's any different to the BoG one .
The DXF BoG one is 'floating' (which means you HAVE to use the base). This one doesn't, it stands normally, which means you can use it without the stand (that's how I use it, along side the Beerus from the same line)
New User :) A Dragonball fan for over 10 years. My favorite character(s) are Kuririn and Goku.
And yeah, I need to find better signature.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:54 am

AS_Saiyan wrote: The DXF BoG one is 'floating' (which means you HAVE to use the base). This one doesn't, it stands normally, which means you can use it without the stand (that's how I use it, along side the Beerus from the same line)
A subtle but good change. Did they release a Whis in this Super line too, do you know?

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:35 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
AS_Saiyan wrote: The DXF BoG one is 'floating' (which means you HAVE to use the base). This one doesn't, it stands normally, which means you can use it without the stand (that's how I use it, along side the Beerus from the same line)
A subtle but good change. Did they release a Whis in this Super line too, do you know?
They did as well as Beerus too. The figures aren't exactly rereleases. From what I can see, the Super version of the SSJGod figure has more of a magenta color for the hair and it's kinda glossy compared to the flat red hair given to the Battle of Gods DXF

AS_Saiyan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by AS_Saiyan » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:59 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
No they didn't, the Super series of the line contain SSG Goku, Beerus, Normal Goku (RF gi w/ Whis sign), Champa and Normal Vegeta (RF gi w/ Whis sign)
SSGSS Goku wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: A subtle but good change. Did they release a Whis in this Super line too, do you know?
They did as well as Beerus too. The figures aren't exactly rereleases. From what I can see, the Super version of the SSJGod figure has more of a magenta color for the hair and it's kinda glossy compared to the flat red hair given to the Battle of Gods DXF
Yes there is a slight change in the hair color, though you can't really notice unless you hold them side by side.
New User :) A Dragonball fan for over 10 years. My favorite character(s) are Kuririn and Goku.
And yeah, I need to find better signature.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:31 am

AS_Saiyan wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
No they didn't, the Super series of the line contain SSG Goku, Beerus, Normal Goku (RF gi w/ Whis sign), Champa and Normal Vegeta (RF gi w/ Whis sign)
Ahh I thought the Vegeta was someone doing a custom over the SSGSS but done some searching and found some box art.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Really disappointed it's offical wanted a different pose. Also hair seems too black for my liking.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 am

My newest holy grail has arrived!
Dragon Ball Z 2V is a special, Japan only version of Budokai 2. Only 2000 copies were released to V-Jump readers exclusively. Got it sealed and for a great price, too!

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:03 am

That game was one of my favorites especially the weird story mode they had. That cover just draws so much attention too even if it is simple. Great buy :thumbup:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:55 pm

fps_anth wrote:My newest holy grail has arrived!
Dragon Ball Z 2V is a special, Japan only version of Budokai 2. Only 2000 copies were released to V-Jump readers exclusively. Got it sealed and for a great price, too!
That covers so nice! But the question is are you gonna open it? :P