What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sskura

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by sskura » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:28 am

wcf vol. 6 #36 trunks
Dokkan Battle Collab Majin Vegeta & Super Saiyan 2 Goku
Capsule R Majin Vegeta destroying the Tenka’ichi Budōkai stands
figuarts ginyu

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:37 pm

This completes my Dragonball-Super collection

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:44 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:37 pm Image
This completes my Dragonball-Super collection
Nice, i had considered getting this one but eventually found both of the old FUNi single versions for decent prices though i'll likely still snag it at some point when i have the chance.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:48 pm

Nice, i had considered getting this one but eventually found both of the old FUNi single versions for decent prices though i'll likely still snag it at some point when i have the chance.
[/quote]

I was able to get the Trunks single but the single for Bardock has gotten pretty high so I decided to just get this one :D

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:52 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:48 pm
I was able to get the Trunks single but the single for Bardock has gotten pretty high so I decided to just get this one :D
[/quote]

The main flaw of the Bardock and Trunks singles is they don't have the eyecatches at the commercial points as FUNi's single releases of the series back in 2000/2001 initially were before that was eventually fixed, though i still like having the specials in the proper 4:3 as the only other release is the Double Feature pack and singles. Of course both of those are fake widescreen like the Orange Bricks.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:59 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:52 pm
The main flaw of the Bardock and Trunks singles is they don't have the eyecatches at the commercial points as FUNi's single releases of the series back in 2000/2001 initially were before that was eventually fixed, though i still like having the specials in the proper 4:3 as the only other release is the Double Feature pack and singles. Of course both of those are fake widescreen like the Orange Bricks.
[/quote]
I almost settled on those fake widescreen but was like..eh I'll go to Yahoo Auctions Japan :lol: I did have the special selection DVD long ago but sold it.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:03 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:59 pm
I almost settled on those fake widescreen but was like..eh I'll go to Yahoo Auctions Japan :lol: I did have the special selection DVD long ago but sold it.
[/quote]

Yeah same here, i just didn't want the cropped set but luckily i was able to find both of the old singles for decent prices. The movies are fine in widescreen but the series and specials on the other hand...it's 4:3 all the way because that's what they were intended to be seen in!!!

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:53 pm

I've long since gotten rid of my Japanese Super Blu-rays, so I decided to pick up volume 1 of Funi's release. I'm actually super impressed by the packaging on this.
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:10 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:03 pm

Yeah same here, i just didn't want the cropped set but luckily i was able to find both of the old singles for decent prices. The movies are fine in widescreen but the series and specials on the other hand...it's 4:3 all the way because that's what they were intended to be seen in!!!
[/quote]
I'm lucky enough to own the version of Prelude to Terror with 5 episodes on it, though weirdly enough the DVD case only lists three episodes on the back, guess somebody somewhere got the discs mixed up.
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:17 pm

Planetnamek wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:10 pm
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:03 pm

I'm lucky enough to own the version of Prelude to Terror with 5 episodes on it, though weirdly enough the DVD case only lists three episodes on the back, guess somebody somewhere got the discs mixed up.
[/quote]

I guess whoever may have had it before mistakenly put the reissued disc inside the wrong case at some point, as the three episode disc is the original release of that volume prior to them inserting the the other two episodes which were previously exclusive to the dub "Z Warriors Prepare" tape that was part of a BK promotion at the time. The three ep version is also identifiable by the larger splash "Includes uncut dub and original Japanese subtitled in English" text while the later five ep reissue reduced the size of it to better distinguish the two in addition to having the images and descriptions on the other two.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:39 pm

Got all the Dragon Box DVDs (rental ver.) for about the price of what one box goes for nowadays (shipping included). All came is flawless shape (they also came with the covers but I condensed the set). Couldn't be more pleased.

ArmenianPepsi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ArmenianPepsi » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:53 pm

CashmanX wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:53 pm I've long since gotten rid of my Japanese Super Blu-rays, so I decided to pick up volume 1 of Funi's release. I'm actually super impressed by the packaging on this.
Just be careful, the Funi Super Blu-rays are bootlegged to hell, and some of the fakes i've seen look quite close to the real thing. :lol:
First time Dragon Ball fan as of March 2020. Still learning the ropes. Nothing much else to say,

Akirale Torimaki

Post by Akirale Torimaki » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:09 am

I think it was Dragon Ball Super Volume 9 for my birthday.
N’cha! From Penguin Village with Love!

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:40 pm

Filled one of the big gaps in my collection at long last, as i have finally after so many lost auctions and missed deals scored a decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 a bit ago. It feels so great to now have all 291 episodes of DBZ in decent quality and even better is that the condition is Like New. :D

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:45 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:40 pm Filled one of the big gaps in my collection at long last, as i have finally after so many lost auctions and missed deals scored a decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 a bit ago. It feels so great to now have all 291 episodes of DBZ in decent quality and even better is that the condition is Like New. :D

I'm glad you were able to finally get it and complete your set! A chapter has closed :D

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:55 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:45 pm
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:40 pm Filled one of the big gaps in my collection at long last, as i have finally after so many lost auctions and missed deals scored a decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 a bit ago. It feels so great to now have all 291 episodes of DBZ in decent quality and even better is that the condition is Like New. :D

I'm glad you were able to finally get it and complete your set! A chapter has closed :D
Oh yes, couldn't be happier to finally have the entire Dragon Box collection and compared to how much i've seen Vol. 4 go for previously this was a heck of a bargain. It's nice to know that this adventure of just over four years (Wow, i got Dragon Box 1 back in mid 2016. Time really flies!!!) is at long last done and i can thus focus on other things with the collection that i've been intending on getting for a while now.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:04 pm

Adding an addendum to my recent acquisition of Dragon Box Vol. 4 which was already announced in the post above, as i have finally received it in the mail today and as you can guess am quite happy to finally have the entire series in good quality.

Pics following:

Box

Dragon Book and DVD books

Discs

All seven Dragon Boxes together (OMG what a beautiful sight, and yes i know volumes 2 and 7 don't have the boxes or Dragon Books but i'm not complaining too much given the awesome prices i got them at especially considering how pricey complete copies with everything go for)

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:14 pm

Got the uncut VHS of Freeza Revealed, Cooler's Revenge original DVD and the Ultimate Uncut version of Tree of Might.
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:55 am

Just got the DBZ 30th Anniversary BD (Madman) set. Definitely the last time I'm ever buying the series unless they actually do another Level set quality release again:

Got more photos of the set in the 30th BD thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=43623&p=1673957#p1673957

Kingbrockstar1995
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kingbrockstar1995 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:22 am

I pre-ordered the Steelbooks because i'm a collector at heart