What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:31 pm

Holy shit, that looks awesome. I know that Broli x Veku is also a thing. That...is actually pretty hot sounding for a lovey-dovey doujinshi. Gogeta Blue x Broli would be nice for a dom doujinshi, too.

I think my last Dragon Ball purchase was actually a Patreon Reward for having subscribed to ShindoL. His Super Lychee Juice book is so cute. I absolutely love how he draw pregnant Cheelai, her kids and Broli. >_<
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Locust
Beyond Newbie

Post by Locust » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:37 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:31 pm Holy shit, that looks awesome. I know that Broli x Veku is also a thing. That...is actually pretty hot sounding for a lovey-dovey doujinshi. Gogeta Blue x Broli would be nice for a dom doujinshi, too.

I think my last Dragon Ball purchase was actually a Patreon Reward for having subscribed to ShindoL. His Super Lychee Juice book is so cute. I absolutely love how he draw pregnant Cheelai, her kids and Broli. >_<
The Gogeta x Broly pairing is really popular now - there's a lot of new doujinshi being produced recently - it's pretty cool, trying to find decent Broly doujinshi in the past was hard haha
It does seem most doujinshi have Broly in a more passive/submissive state. It's quite cute

Yes, I like that doujin too! I don't subscribe to him on patreon, but I managed to get it from an auction. I felt very lucky that day haha
"I just wanna punch god in the face"
My English can be weak, please forgive mistakes/confusingly phrased sentences
Letterboxd

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:40 pm

Locust wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:37 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:31 pm Holy shit, that looks awesome. I know that Broli x Veku is also a thing. That...is actually pretty hot sounding for a lovey-dovey doujinshi. Gogeta Blue x Broli would be nice for a dom doujinshi, too.

The Gogeta x Broly pairing is really popular now - there's a lot of new doujinshi being produced recently - it's pretty cool, trying to find decent Broly doujinshi in the past was hard haha
It does seem most doujinshi have Broly in a more passive/submissive state. It's quite cute

Yes, I like that doujin too! I don't subscribe to him on patreon, but I managed to get it from an auction. I felt very lucky that day haha
The fan art I see on Twitter is so good. When watching the movie, I felt like I wanted to see Gogeta Blue--who was dominating Broli in the fight--also dominate Broli with his smugness. I really wanted to push the sense of helplessness Broli felt during that final onslaught more, to the point where he was crying as Gogeta Blue pounded on him. I wanted to see tears fall away in the wind! These doujinshi and fan art seem to convey that sentiment somewhat, so I am glad to see it.

Super Lychee Juice is just so, so cute!! Aaah!! I hope ShindoL creates a sequel. I really loved the designs for the kids, I'd love to see them named and drawn in SFW fan art.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:56 am

BluezaBladeNZ wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:27 am Got the GT and Movies Dragon Box sets today, last two I needed. Wasn't impressed with the shipping though considering DHL was my only option (almost double to what EMS would have been) during the current situation, I know not to do that again. :D But glad to finally have all the Japanese sets for this now:

Got the full set for the Movies as it was the only way I could get a somewhat good condition set for the price and most listings came with the scouters anyway
Duuuuude. God bless you! I have felt that Dhl struggle maaaany times. :lol: :lol: You should see what it's like here in nowhereville Kentucky with them.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:22 pm

Picked up VizBig vol. 3 of the Dragon Ball portion of the manga a couple days ago
at a local bookstore for a decent discount, as i already have the first five or six volumes of the red cover Shonen Jump "English tankobon" graphic novels and my collection is up to date as of now. I'll likely be getting the rest of the DB and DBZ ones in the near future to finish up my OG manga collection.

DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Locust
Beyond Newbie

Post by Locust » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:50 pm

Bought some doujinshi recently

Letterboxd

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:48 pm

samuraix123 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:56 amDuuuuude. God bless you! I have felt that Dhl struggle maaaany times. :lol: :lol: You should see what it's like here in nowhereville Kentucky with them.
I'll take your word for it. :lol: Can say that the amount was more than what the sets themselves cost together were.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:55 pm

Heyyyy welcome to the club! Interesting to see that your Z Box Vol. 2 seems to be faded since for me it’s Vol. 1 that’s faded instead. Either way, it feels good to have them all, doesn’t it? I shudder every time I think of how much I spent on them but I get over it pretty quickly too.

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:38 am

Forte224 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:55 pmHeyyyy welcome to the club! Interesting to see that your Z Box Vol. 2 seems to be faded since for me it’s Vol. 1 that’s faded instead. Either way, it feels good to have them all, doesn’t it? I shudder every time I think of how much I spent on them but I get over it pretty quickly too.
Heh cheers, it started only cause it was now the cheaper alternative to rebuying the FUNi DBOX sets. :lol: For the fading on Vol 2, might be cause it was from Ebay where it's more likely to find an average looking set, got the Dragon Ball set same way while Z Vol 1, GT and Movies was via Buyee (Yahoo auctions). Would have gotten all via Buyee but didn't know the site existed till someone told me after getting the Dragon Ball set.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:08 pm

Finally picked up the first two volumes of the Super manga on my most recent shopping run at Wal-Mart, and thus i decided to get a head start while still in the process of gradually collecting the original series' run. Both of them were pretty cheap overall, certainly much less than most of the book and comic stores i frequent around town which have them for quite a bit higher.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:51 pm

CuppaKofe

Post by CuppaKofe » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:31 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:08 pm Finally picked up the first two volumes of the Super manga on my most recent shopping run at Wal-Mart, and thus i decided to get a head start while still in the process of gradually collecting the original series' run. Both of them were pretty cheap overall, certainly much less than most of the book and comic stores i frequent around town which have them for quite a bit higher.

Wow, that's pretty cheap. Around here, Viz's popular releases tend to get marked up a bit. I used to be able to get them for the US prices, but that book store closed down :(

Found a copy of Saga of Goku in almost mint condition. Not that hard to find, but most of the sets I've seen before were beat to hell.

Also found a not overpriced copy of Infinite World. I never played this one, but as I absolutely despise the Dragon Rush mechanic in Budokai 3, I'm willing to give this a shot for removing it.
Looking for the following Pioneer single:

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:37 pm

CuppaKofe wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:31 pm
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:08 pm Finally picked up the first two volumes of the Super manga on my most recent shopping run at Wal-Mart, and thus i decided to get a head start while still in the process of gradually collecting the original series' run. Both of them were pretty cheap overall, certainly much less than most of the book and comic stores i frequent around town which have them for quite a bit higher.

Wow, that's pretty cheap. Around here, Viz's popular releases tend to get marked up a bit. I used to be able to get them for the US prices, but that book store closed down :(

Found a copy of Saga of Goku in almost mint condition. Not that hard to find, but most of the sets I've seen before were beat to hell.

Also found a not overpriced copy of Infinite World. I never played this one, but as I absolutely despise the Dragon Rush mechanic in Budokai 3, I'm willing to give this a shot for removing it.
I know right, that was definitely a good deal for those two volumes together i must say. Most of the bookstores around in my area have them for quite a bit more especially Books-A-Million in the $12-$15 area. Also saw Infinite World myself at a local used game store as i've seen a good few gameplay videos of it before but didn't get it right then, but i do intend to grab it at some point along with Xenoverse 2, Raging Blast 2 and FighterZ.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:38 pm

Just recently picked up the next two volumes of Super, and so far i am currently on a good track with gradually expanding my manga collection. I'll need to circle back to the original series at some point eventually. Again, as with the first two volumes the deal for these at Wal-Mart was so good it was definitely worth the price.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:06 pm

saw them and had to get them

Locust
Beyond Newbie

Post by Locust » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:17 am

Recently bought this doujin - I'm really excited to get it, I'm a big fan of the artist and the theme of this manga is Tullece and his family. I've always really liked that character, so I enjoy seeing peoples take on him/his backstory
Letterboxd

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:24 am

Recently picked up Budokai Tenkaichi 2 on the last run at my local used game store in the last few days, and thus i'm only missing BT3 out of the entire series as of now.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:16 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:24 am Recently picked up Budokai Tenkaichi 2 on the last run at my local used game store in the last few days, and thus i'm only missing BT3 out of the entire series as of now.

Oh man, this and BT3 were fun. I’d just mess around with different 2v5 teams for hours, like Saiyan/Namek style Goku and Vegeta vs the Ginyu Force. BT3 is I think the obvious winner due to balance and roster, but BT2 has less punishing A.I. and some broken infinites like with SS2 “Teen” Gohan, making for some more fun goofing around.
eledoremassis02 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:51 pm Image
I really do need to grab these some day. I love the packaging, and my current top shelf of Dragon Ball stuff is Blue Bricks/Dragon Boxes/Green Bricks which is killing my OCD. One day.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:29 pm

Forte224 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:16 pm
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:24 am Recently picked up Budokai Tenkaichi 2 on the last run at my local used game store in the last few days, and thus i'm only missing BT3 out of the entire series as of now.

Oh man, this and BT3 were fun. I’d just mess around with different 2v5 teams for hours, like Saiyan/Namek style Goku and Vegeta vs the Ginyu Force. BT3 is I think the obvious winner due to balance and roster, but BT2 has less punishing A.I. and some broken infinites like with SS2 “Teen” Gohan, making for some more fun goofing around.
eledoremassis02 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:51 pm Image
I really do need to grab these some day. I love the packaging, and my current top shelf of Dragon Ball stuff is Blue Bricks/Dragon Boxes/Green Bricks which is killing my OCD. One day.
I know right, and in terms of the older gen DB games at this point i still need BT3, the two OG DB Origins titles for the DS, both Shin Budokais, Revenge of King Piccolo and the Red Ribbon one as well as Attack of the Saiyans. Also keeping an eye out for Inadaru Densetsu/Legends, it's really too bad that one didn't get released over here along with Ultimate Battle 22 and Final Bout because i've seen gameplay videos and it looked good for that era.

True, although the video quality of the release ranges from mediocre to bad in terms of Z at least the Shenron spine art looks decent as a display piece.

No9tro

Post by No9tro » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:40 am

I finally got the last part of Dragon Ball Super

For some reason I expected it to be colored white even after looking at pictures online. I guess I just really thought that they would want to contrast the last parts black coloring

Either way they look really nice lined up on a shelf, although you wouldn't know that by looking at these pictures. My camera freaking sucks