What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by Naruto6583 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:45 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:So I came across this while at my hobby shop (also met Tom Sullivan of Evil Dead fame). It's apparently from comiket and there was only one ever sold so I'm not sure how rare this is. The material inside is...weird to say the least but the art is just fantastic. If anyone knows about it by all means let me know.
Why does this remind me of one piece?
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

dougo13
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dougo13 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:12 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:So I came across this while at my hobby shop (also met Tom Sullivan of Evil Dead fame). It's apparently from comiket and there was only one ever sold so I'm not sure how rare this is. The material inside is...weird to say the least but the art is just fantastic. If anyone knows about it by all means let me know.
Looks like a Doujinshi. I have one from ages ago also. There are lots of DB Doujinshi. My rarest though is the Kyatte Ninden Teyande (Samurai Pizza Cats) that was issued only once and is so rare that the big fan site in Japan doesn't have a copy.

I remember the first time I met the guy running Komiket, Yoshihiro Yonezawa (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshihiro_Yonezawa) back in the early 1990s. I got a whole bunch of old Komiket catalogs from him. These are supposed to be sought after collector's items in Japan but I've never met anyone who collects them on this side of the ocean. I also got a limited edition English language printing of comics by Shigeru Mizuki which I had Mizuki autograph and draw a sketch in. He was at the con on a stop over but other than the Japanese guests, no one knew of his work. I did because GeGeGe no Kitaro was the show following Dragonball on in Hawaii at the time and I was getting both shows from contacts there. That's one of my prize possessions.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=Z0yDAg ... on&f=false

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:21 pm

Collected all the DBZ Vizbigs, now onto Dragon Ball:

Also got 3 and 4 on order so just waiting for them.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:28 pm

I bought the 3rd Daizenshuu and now I'm just waiting on it to get in the mail! :D I need 2 more!
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:16 am

BOOM.

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:36 am

Slickmasterfunk wrote:
BOOM.
"Now, Earthlings, witness my final and most adorable transformation!"
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:41 pm

Got this today!
ImageImage

SSJ Electric Fury
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ Electric Fury » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:07 pm

I received the Jaco manga the Wednesday before last, along with an incomplete (i.e. missing the slip cover) copy of Kai season two, which I have since returned. The Dragon Ball movie one single (since the Movie Box doesn't have it) along with the proper copy of Kai season two arrived Saturday.
"You can't make up for your mistakes when you're dead." - Irina Akulov, Xenoblade [Chronicles] X
ringworm128 wrote:

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:45 pm

After I posted 1 + 2 of Dragon Ball Vizbigs, I have since purchased 3 + 4 and I'm awaiting 5 in the post.
I've got a fair number of the individual volumes but there's always been gaps here and there that I've never made up. I really like the quality of the Vizbig paper so when 5 arrives I'll finally own the complete series in manga form (this is long overdue!) - Just got to find somewhere to store them! :lol: Plus it's been a long time since I read Dragon Ball, so this is the perfect opportunity.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:40 pm

Finally got around to buying the third volume of the 'Full Colour Comics'. Also picked up one of the Revival of F figures, which I paid way too much for. I debated over it for quite a while, but I decided that I don't get figures that often and I really wanted to get one of the movie tie-ins. They tend to be impossible to track down for a reasonable price a year or two after they come out, anyway.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:55 pm

Are these official?

http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Vegeta-Pic ... n+ball+wcf

At that price I'm really tempted to buy them.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:03 pm

Zombie wrote:Are these official?

They look like bootlegs of official products.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:23 am

These arrived in the mail a few days ago from CDJapan. Kanzenban volumes One and Eight. I figured that since I can't actually read these books (I bought them soley for the artwork and their collectibility), there would be little point in ordering them chronologically. So I picked up the first one to compare with the only VizBig I own and the eighth one because I like the cover art.

These really do feel like genuine collector's items when I hold them in my hands. They have slightly nicer paper than even the VizBigs, nicer cover art (no surprise there) and none of the oddities we've come to expect from Viz releases, such as inconsistent censorship and atrocious grayscale pages. Even the color pages Viz did include in the first VizBig look better in the Kanzenban, thanks to the lighter ink and superior printing employed.

Japan gets all the good the good stuff.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:05 pm

My friends just got me this for my birthday. early birthday present but a present all the same. haha
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:04 am

On a roll haha
Got this in the mail today. I do like the color pages on these a little more than the Kazenbans.

SSJJezter
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJJezter » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:23 pm

Just got Dragon Box 1,5,6 & 7. That leaves 2 and 3 for me to get now, so if anyone has any duplicates they're willing to sell, or if they see any going cheap, please let me know!

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:14 pm

Does anyone know where I can pre-order the newest WCF figures? I really want the new Goku and Vegeta.
Zombie wrote:Are these official?

At that price, they are most likely fake, especially if they are from China.
eledoremassis02 wrote:Got this today!
ImageImage
Where did you get this printed in English?

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:09 am

I just got Daizenshuu 3 in the mail today! I only need 2 more! :D
#1 Paikuhan fan!

VICDBZ
Not-So-Newbie

Post by VICDBZ » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:03 pm

Blue Gokuh is in da house!! xD

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:54 pm

I haven't bought anything Dragon Ball related in a while, but I finally got Jaco.