New Live-Action Dragon Ball Photo(s) Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:21 pm

omegacwa wrote:Fact, Asian men look like they are in there twenties until they are 85.
According to the way Joon Park looks as Yamcha, he's probably around 110.

Seriously, though, Joon Park isn't 40. He's 35. :P
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:02 pm

Kendamu wrote:
omegacwa wrote:Fact, Asian men look like they are in there twenties until they are 85.

Born in 1972...he would be...36.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:10 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
Kendamu wrote:

His age will forever be a mystery.
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:10 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
Kendamu wrote:

I never was any good at math. One of my only classes before graduating that I still have to take (again!) is Algebra... so I can be an assistant English teacher in a Japanese classroom. :roll:
(they/she)

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:21 pm

JAPPO wrote:
Zuhalter2000 wrote:I liked Chatwin in the Invisible (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435670/). Good movie, you all should see it.

On topic now, I'm not sure I really like that picture. I am a supporter of the movie and will be there at midnight... but... I don't know...
You liked the invisible?

I find it interesting the person who directed that movie co-wrote 2 little movies called "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight."

Too bad The Invisible was... bad.
David Goyer is an awful screenwriter. I mean god he writes bad dialogue. I cant believe anyone expected the Invisible to be good.

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Korea Dragon Ball Poster

Post by DongHyun » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:22 pm

Release Date : March 14th 2009 in Korea
Last edited by DongHyun on Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:24 pm

Asian...Saiyan...

Oh god, it all makes sense now! :shock:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:22 pm

The Korean logo is pretty cool! :shock:
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Re: Korea Dragon Ball Poster

Post by Olivier Hague » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:56 pm

DongHyun wrote:Image
'Would make a great ad for Veregen.

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:02 pm

These posters remind me of the posters for "WANTED". Speaking of which, that is a movie that deviated so much from it's original source material and yet still turned out pretty good. Seriously, You think Dragonball is "unrecognizable"?

EDIT: Also, David S. Goyer is a hit or Miss screenwriter. Half his stuff is Good, and half is bad. The invisible was Ok, It just felt, um, forced.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:10 pm

omegacwa wrote:These posters remind me of the posters for "WANTED". Speaking of which, that is a movie that deviated so much from it's original source material and yet still turned out pretty good. Seriously, You think Dragonball is "unrecognizable"?
I see what you did there. :!:

Most people didn't even know (and still don't know) that "Wanted" was a comic in the first place. So, there's nothing to compare it to because, to them, it's an original concept. I've seen this happen before. There's a guy I know who saw both the Super Mario Bros. movie and the Double Dragon movie without knowing a damn thing about either franchise and he thought both films were pretty decent.

I know Dragonball. I know what it was and I know what it is currently. Dragonball Evolution may not end up being a bad film for what it is. However, I have something to compare it to as a standard for what Dragonball is. This movie doesn't seem to compare to those standards for the most part. So, even if it does do well and it does turn out to be an entertaining movie in general, it still won't be what I'm looking for.
(they/she)

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:16 pm

Well, I have a friend who is a big comic geek, and he loved the wanted comics, and really liked the movie, even though they are completely different.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:19 pm

omegacwa wrote:Well, I have a friend who is a big comic geek, and he loved the wanted comics, and really liked the movie, even though they are completely different.
He's more open to interpretation than most, then, when it comes to comics that have an established story and universe that it follows from beginning to end without semi-regular re-interpretations from the comic studios themselves (like Batman or the X-Men).
(they/she)

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:21 pm

omegacwa wrote:These posters remind me of the posters for "WANTED". Speaking of which, that is a movie that deviated so much from it's original source material and yet still turned out pretty good. Seriously, You think Dragonball is "unrecognizable"?
Wanted isn't exactly well known. In fact, the comic was only a mini-series of six issues. Dragon Ball, however, is a comic and animated series known WORLD WIDE that's been published and aired for over a decade.

Dragon Ball is more widely known than Wanted is, so it's no surprise most people who see the movie (Wanted) wouldn't know that it's based off a comic book. Couple in the fact that the movie also has Angelina Jolie and Morgan Freeman and you have more reason for people to praise the movie. Especially with Angelina Jolie.

Dragon Ball is easily identifiable between fans and non-fans. This movie barely has any big name actors aside from Chow Yun-Fat with the movie crowd and James Marsters with the TV crowd. Doesn't help that the movie deviates heavily from the source material.

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:21 pm

But seriously, look at these posters.

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:25 pm

Tsukento wrote:
Wanted isn't exactly well known. In fact, the comic was only a mini-series of six issues. Dragon Ball, however, is a comic and animated series known WORLD WIDE that's been published and aired for over a decade.

Dragon Ball is more widely known than Wanted is, so it's no surprise most people who see the movie (Wanted) wouldn't know that it's based off a comic book. Couple in the fact that the movie also has Angelina Jolie and Morgan Freeman and you have more reason for people to praise the movie. Especially with Angelina Jolie.
Are you saying one man's work deserves more respect than another simply because of the popularity of the source material, cause that's very biased and unfair.
Also, I must bring up again that Hugh Jackman wasn't exactly well known before X-men.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:29 pm

omegacwa wrote:Are you saying one man's work deserves more respect than another simply because of the popularity of the source material, cause that's very biased and unfair.
Also, I must bring up again that Hugh Jackman wasn't exactly well known before X-men.
Deserves it? No. My main point is that people tend to go nuts when they hear a big name actor is in a movie. Wanted got its praise from people who didn't know about the comic and people who wanted to see another Angelina Jolie flick (I personally don't see any appeal behind her, acting-wise or looks).

Hugh Jackman, while unknown prior to X-Men, still played an ACCURATE Wolverine. Yeah, he didn't have the stupid spandex, but he was still Wolverine in physical looks and character.

Whereas in Dragon Ball, no one resembles any of the actual characters in either looks or personality.

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:43 pm

Tsukento wrote: Whereas in Dragon Ball, no one resembles any of the actual characters in either looks or personality.
That is your opinion. I don't agree.

Second, Hugh Jackman doesn't really resemble the Wolverine I grew up with, he is way too tall, not nearly Muscular enough, not even close to being enough of a jerk. But you know what, he still did a good job with the movie reinterpretation.

Shenron
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shenron » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:37 pm

Hey !!!

I don't even know what to say about this.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Blue+Shenron][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/Blue+Shenron.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://vanesshenron.deviantart.com/]Deviantart[/url]

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:45 pm

Shenron wrote:Hey !!!

*image snip*

I don't even know what to say about this.
I know what to say: HARDCORE!!! Because a Dragonball isn't cool enough if it looks like this:

(they/she)