Will a deal on GT DVDs make you buy them? Quite possibly!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Meri
The Wife

Will a deal on GT DVDs make you buy them? Quite possibly!

Post by Meri » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:10 pm

Just giving y'all a heads up on a neat lil' deal www.rightstuf.com is having. Normally, I wouldn't think about shelling money out on GT DVDs (I only want the first 14 episodes, which I assume will come out later), but you have to admit, this deal is pretty sweet. I figured people who might not have these but would consider getting them for cheap might be interested:

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827 ... 2074/4/0/0

$60 off? I'm there!

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:40 pm

GAH!!! $100 AMERICAN for 4 dvds? And that's a SALE?! That's what I'd pay Canadian if I went to the store! :shock:

Damn! I knew buying anime dvds online was expensive but never understood how much so untill today!
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:42 pm

No, no... the original RETAIL price would be $100 (pfft, no it isn't!). The sale price is $40 ^^. That's a damn good price.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:45 pm

Woopsy! That is great. My bad! :lol:
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:48 pm

VegettoEX wrote:No, no... the original RETAIL price would be $100 (pfft, no it isn't!). The sale price is $40 ^^. That's a damn good price.
Indeed it is! So... should I buy it or not? ^^;;

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:53 pm

Yeah, go for it. We can try watching the series, again. Without falling asleep. Or ripping my own heart out, because it was more fun.

Oh, wait! Put your $25 RightStuf gift-card towards this! Even CHEAPER!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:03 pm

I only want the first 14 episodes, which I assume will come out later
So... should I buy it or not? ^^;;
lol! Just buy them. We all know you're going to eventually get all DBGT anyway. :)

Speaking of eps 1-14, they're two-thirds of the way into that saga on YTV if you get that channel (Blue Water Dub). Friday's at 8:30pm eastern time zone.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:28 pm

Apparently Funimation plans to release the first 15 episodes as "The Lost Episodes", right. Anyway, I've heard rumors that they plan to release them in a two disc package like they did with the King Piccolo episodes.

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:31 pm

Dayspring wrote:
I only want the first 14 episodes, which I assume will come out later
So... should I buy it or not? ^^;;
lol! Just buy them. We all know you're going to eventually get all DBGT anyway. :)
True, true. I may not like most of GT, but my goal is to have ALL of DB, DBZ, and GT on DVD someday. Between what Mike and I have on DVD so far already, I think we're like... 30-40% there. -_-
VegettoEX wrote:Oh, wait! Put your $25 RightStuf gift-card towards this! Even CHEAPER!
SWEET! I hope I can combine that gift-card and the sale price. My god... I would love to pay $15 for 4 DVDs. *drool* Although, I was planning on using the gift card on manga. :P

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:40 pm

My god... I would love to pay $15 for 4 DVDs. *drool*
:cry: :cry: :cry: I hate you all.

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:28 pm

Sun_Wukong wrote:Apparently Funimation plans to release the first 15 episodes as "The Lost Episodes", right?
Hopefully the first 16, unless they really consider "A Grand Problem" to be their version of Episode 16 (completely neglecting the fact that the Japanese version of the episode wasn't released on DVD). :?
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Gary
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gary » Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:08 pm

$40 you say.. Hmm.. I may have to shell out some cash for that then. LOL!
Founder/Owner/Webmaster of [|[url=http://www.junk-anime.com/]Junk-Anime.com[/url]|]

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:15 pm

Meri wrote:
I may not like most of GT, but my goal is to have ALL of DB, DBZ, and GT on DVD someday.
I feel the same way. I don't like GT either, but I want all 3 series, plus specials, and movies on DVD, just for the completeness of it. I'm a serious fan and collector of DB, (well, we all are here), and I feel because of that, it's almost a compulsory requirement.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:18 pm

Hey Jersey! What's the cheapest store you buy your dvds at?

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:34 pm

Gosh good question man, since you know in this country we pay through the teeth for anime merchandise! I buy the majority of my DVD's at the Comic Book Shoppe here in Ottawa. We have two locations. Unfortunately, they're not real cheap, but I'm friends with the owner and staff and they're such great people that I stay loyal to them. Plus it's in the same city so I can get them the day I buy them. They run about $34-something for DBZ and DBGT, and $51-something for the DB boxed sets. I've bought a few at Blockbuster, they are a bit cheaper there. The Silver Snail store we have here, I avoid because I'm usually garuanteed to pay at least $5 to $10 more than the prices I just quoted for the same DVD! Plus I don't like their attitude there. Anyway, the only other places I buy from are www.sakuramedia.com and www.animenation.com . The problem with AnimeNation though is that while their service is great, you always end up paying extra customs fees. With SakuraMedia, I get free shipping since I live in Canada, so I really save that way. That about covers it. Oh, I do sometimes get good deals at Futureshop too.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:02 pm

Where I live (Montreal) unless you go on St Catherine's (down-downtown from me. :( ) the only place is a small comic store called "Cosmix" which sells $30-$35 dvds (depends on the series. DB/Z is $30, but movies are same as GT: $35) and about the same for box sets. Blockbuster around here is dying (IF they have DB/Z/GT it's $40) thanks to "Super Club Videotron" so I'm thinking of checking that place out. Future Shop sells cheap but never buys enough near me so I'd have to place an order most of the time in which case they charge $5 for no reason. :evil: A new store called dvdpassion (www.dvdpassion.com or .ca) opened up but they specialize in finding ALL dvds so their prices are $5-$10 more per dvd as well. Their site sucks ass for some reason. The store I was at had EVERYTHING released DB, but the site doesn't even list it all. :?

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:07 pm

Ah, you live Montreal. My mum's from there. I love that city! Really just one good store on St. Catherine's? That's terrible! You should be ashamed Montreal! :evil: Anyway, ya I get frustrated too. Definitely try out Sakuramedia. Their a good company, I've always had good service from them. I agree with you about Futureshop. They usually only carry the more popular, better-known, and newer series. I can forget finding any City Hunter or Leiji Matsumoto series there. At least I was able to pick up Daft Punk's Interstellar 5555 that he worked on there though.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:34 pm

Really just one good store on St. Catherine's?
Nono, I have no clue, it's just that it's downtown and I don't like going THAT far for what's probably going to be more expensive prices. I forgot to mention HMV. Good ol' HMV. Only store I know evil enough to charge $50 for a dvd of Ronin Warriors OVA#2. :evil:

...And smart enough to get me to shell out $50 for a dvd of Ronin Warriors OVA#2. :oops:

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:42 pm

...And smart enough to get me to shell out $50 for a Ronin Warriors OVA #2. :oops:
Yes I've ranted at a ridiculous price too and bought the DVD anyway. It's part of being a slave to the demon that is anime! :twisted: Hey I paid over $30 bucks for my Naruto UFO doll! But it was Naruto and, and he's so cute! :oops:

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by tablet the eunuch » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:14 pm

must...not...spend...moneeeyYY!