Dragonball Z dub music in Bleach?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Dragonball Z dub music in Bleach?

Post by Anonymous Friend » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:46 pm

It sounds strange but I think that there is DBZ dub music in Bleach. I was watching some episodes and at first I couldn't figure out where I knew it from. Then it hit me. It's a piece that's played once or twice an episode. I know for sure that it's at the very beginning of Bleach 70. It kinda sounds like a piano playing these very sharp tones.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Xell
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xell » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:50 pm

I doubt that very much..

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragonball Z dub music in Bleach?

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:51 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote:It kinda sounds like a piano playing these very sharp tones.
That rules out "Faulconer's" score... :lol:

But seriously... No music in Bleach is "Faulconer's". I have watched up to episode 1...20 I believe, and I actually know (and like) quite a bit of it's music.

Also it is a ridiculous notion in its own right to say that "Faulconer's" music was use in Bleach.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Snail

Post by Snail » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:05 pm

I've noticed a few instances in which the score did hold some resemblence to Faulconer tracks, but it's vague.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:17 pm

Must be an Ocean dub. Ha! :P
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:55 pm

*opens up said episode*

I...don't think that sounds anything like Faulconer's music. But no, Bleach is scored by Shirō Sagisu.

-Corey

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:05 pm

I know that it's not the "same" but it sounded really similar. I think, not too sure, it might be the tune that plays when Gohan kills Cell. When I get home I'm gonna compare them and see and if it's not try o find the one I'm thinking of.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:09 pm

No, but I always picked up that some of Bleach's OST sounds like it may've used a similar synthisizer program to what Falcouner used.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:27 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:I...don't think that sounds anything like Faulconer's music. But no, Bleach is scored by Shirō Sagisu.
This, and it's quite epic. =D
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:32 am

I believe the piece you are referring to that sounds like Falcouner's DBZ music is the vocal insert "Number One" with Hazel Fernandes as the lead vocalist. They play it quite frequently in the early episodes. There are also other pieces that sound quite Falcouner-esque. Overall, the music in the series has gotten gradually better. My favorite vocal insert goes to "Nothing can be explained" for sure.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:33 am

Sebastian (SB) wrote:I believe the piece you are referring to that sounds like Falcouner's DBZ music is the vocal insert "Number One" with Hazel Fernandes as the lead vocalist. They play it quite frequently in the early episodes.
No, Anonymous is actually referring to an instrumental piece. I can't remember when it first is used, but the episode referred to here (Episode 70) is part of the Bount/Bound (whatever the proper romanization is) filler arc.

In either case, I don't think "Number One" sounds anything like Faulconer's work either O_o;;

-Corey

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:51 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:Must be an Ocean dub. Ha! :P
Your joke is really only funny if, Ocean actually dubbed Bleach, which they didn't, the Studio City, LA, studio known as Studioplios did. And B) if the soundtracks differed between langauge tracks in Bleach, which doesn't happen...
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:01 pm

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:
Jerseymilk wrote:Must be an Ocean dub. Ha! :P
Your joke is really only funny if, Ocean actually dubbed Bleach, which they didn't, the Studio City, LA, studio known as Studioplios did. And B) if the soundtracks differed between langauge tracks in Bleach, which doesn't happen...
Ya, hence why it's "a joke" and not something I'm claiming as fact. So, your point again?
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."