KeyHole TV: Now You Can Watch DragonBall Kai!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Ghost Kamikaze
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:09 am

Adamant wrote:
Super Ghost Kamikaze wrote: How will I know which channel is Fuji TV?
It's the one that says "Fuji TV". :P
Huh. You know, that's one way of going about figuring it out.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:21 am

Adamant wrote:It's a convenient way to watch the series as it airs, but don't expect too much from it.
Ahh, thanks for the reality check. Since some of the domestic stations have feeds that work fairly well, I thought this program might border on the same quality.

Oh well, in that case, methinks I'll wait for the inevitable torrents that pop up soon after broadcast.

-Corey

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:27 am

There are also sites that set up live feeds in decent quality. Which of them stream Fuji TV, I do not know atm.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:57 am

Fuji TV was removed the past two days, I'm glad it's back.

If you want to see the English name of a channel you highlight them. Just scroll down with the arrow keys till you find it.

I think I need to watch at Midnight since I'm in England.

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:31 am

Thanks for the info, I'll probably try and watch it as it airs. I've seen and read the series 1000 times, it's not like I don't know what they're saying. :P

DBZOceanHD
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZOceanHD » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:28 am

Here's hoping Toei will do something to steam HQ subs, but I will probably use Keyhole to stream anyhow. Thanks for reminding me.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:23 am

Krakabeast wrote:Prey that Toei subs it and streams it online in high-def though. :)
That's gonna take a lot of praying.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:30 am

I might give it a try. Unrelated question: do they have NHK world on this?
Trans rights, now!

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:49 am

I'll definitely be using Keyhole to watch KAI live.

And for those complaning about a lack of subs, consider this. You're on the Daizenshuu EX forums. You're willing to stream the show from Japan as it airs. Do you really need subs for Dragon Ball at this point? :lol:

I have the freaking show memorized. And no filler just makes it that much easier.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:27 pm

I'll try to watch on this. Same with Metal Fight Beyblade, and Fullmetal Alchemist 2.0 if keyhole TV carries TV Tokyo, and whoever is airing Fullmetal 2.0.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:31 pm

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:I'll try to watch on this. Same with Metal Fight Beyblade
Oh shit, when is that coming on?

Kai is obviously going to be getting raws and/or fansubs as torrents, but Beyblade is not as popular, and hasn't really survived it's "the show is over" period as well as Dragon Ball obviously has. I might use Keyhole for that. Are they the same day?
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:37 pm

B wrote:
Super Saiyan Prime wrote:I'll try to watch on this. Same with Metal Fight Beyblade
Oh shit, when is that coming on?

Kai is obviously going to be getting raws and/or fansubs as torrents, but Beyblade is not as popular, and hasn't really survived it's "the show is over" period as well as Dragon Ball obviously has. I might use Keyhole for that. Are they the same day?
I'm sure there will be raws for Metal Fight, but no one subs kodomo that isn't Digimon, Pokemon, or Yu-Gi-Oh!. And AFAIK there hasn't been a confirmed date, just some time in April.

EDIT- Lol, it airs on April 5...
Last edited by Super Sayian Prime on Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Velasa

Post by Velasa » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:26 pm

That link redirects to your basic "Error" page. something's up with it?
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:13 pm

Velasa wrote:That link redirects to your basic "Error" page. something's up with it?
I found another link to it.

http://www.v2p.jp/video/english/
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:59 pm

Super Saiyan Prime wrote: I'm sure there will be raws for Metal Fight, but no one subs kodomo that isn't Digimon, Pokemon, or Yu-Gi-Oh!.
Until we started subbing Pokemon regularly last summer, no one really did that one, either. Sad how one of the most popular anime series of all time had barely any subtitled released, official or unofficial, in this day and age, while pretty much every single other series is "claimed" by fansub groups before it's even premiered, no matter how crap it looks. I mean, I think three different groups were working on garbage like To-love-ru within a week of it's premiere.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

Velasa

Post by Velasa » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:18 pm

The video quality is..... mind knumbingly bad. Like frozen in little squares with staggered audio. I may have to wait for it to make it to youtube or something.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Yi Xing Long
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Yi Xing Long » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:20 pm

Velasa wrote:The video quality is..... mind knumbingly bad. Like frozen in little squares with staggered audio. I may have to wait for it to make it to youtube or something.
HDTV rips should be out within a few hours after it airs.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:49 am

For us West Side Gangstas, it'll be airing at 4:00pm the previous day!

I just showed this program to my Japanese immigrant neighbors last week, and they love it! It really is a neat little program, and sometimes it streams some Swedish channel; was watching Sin City on it the other day.
Innagadadavida wrote:No subs, I assume. I can wait for fan-subs or releases. I will be anxiously waiting for some initial thoughts from others though.
I heard that Sangofe's fan-sub group will be trying to sub this series, depending on what licenses FUNi acquires. They are a great group, and always put out the best quality in both footage and translations/grammar. They are the ones who translated the promo too.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:48 am

SSj_Rambo wrote:For us West Side Gangstas, it'll be airing at 4:00pm the previous day!
Wouldn't it be 5PM due to the time change?
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:09 am

SSj_Rambo wrote:For us West Side Gangstas, it'll be airing at 4:00pm the previous day!

I just showed this program to my Japanese immigrant neighbors last week, and they love it! It really is a neat little program, and sometimes it streams some Swedish channel; was watching Sin City on it the other day.
Innagadadavida wrote:No subs, I assume. I can wait for fan-subs or releases. I will be anxiously waiting for some initial thoughts from others though.
I heard that Sangofe's fan-sub group will be trying to sub this series, depending on what licenses FUNi acquires. They are a great group, and always put out the best quality in both footage and translations/grammar. They are the ones who translated the promo too.
It's slighty off, Rambo. It's not my group, and not my main group, not at least the group I've talked to you about before, but anyway, SD project's not so bad either, although not as good as the other group I talked about.

On a slightly off topic note: We could need dedicated quality checkers/editors, and a timer in the future. Please pm me if you're interested in subbing Dragonball: Kai!