Best Buy: 50% Off Entire Stock of Anime

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TriforceCaptre
Beyond Newbie

Best Buy: 50% Off Entire Stock of Anime

Post by TriforceCaptre » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:26 pm

I apologise if this isn't something that's considered worthy of it's own topic on these forums, but I figured some people here could use the info.

Like the title says, Best Buys all across the country are eliminating their supply of anime and everything is now at 50% off. So if you're still planning on buying those orange bricks, the GT sets or the DBZ movies (or any other anime you're into) now would be an excellent time to scoop them up for super cheap. Not every store is doing this, though I'd say a majority of them are. So you'll have to check in with the one nearest you to make sure.

I myself picked up the first Death Note box set (regular price $50. I paid $25) and DBZ movies 3 and 4 (regular price $20. I paid $10).
"There's ten thousand reasons to survive, but you only needed one to die." -CKY-

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Re: Best Buy: 50% Off Entire Stock of Anime

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:17 pm

TriforceCaptre wrote:Not every store is doing this, though I'd say a majority of them are. So you'll have to check in with the one nearest you to make sure.
It's actually a little less than 50% of the stores that are having this sale.

The full story, and list of stores, can be found here.

-Corey

TriforceCaptre
Beyond Newbie

Post by TriforceCaptre » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:21 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
TriforceCaptre wrote:Not every store is doing this, though I'd say a majority of them are. So you'll have to check in with the one nearest you to make sure.
It's actually a little less than 50% of the stores that are having this sale.

The full story, and list of stores, can be found here.

-Corey
Oh, well it's still a bunch :oops: . I just saw a long list of the locations and pulled "majority" out of my ass :wink: .
"There's ten thousand reasons to survive, but you only needed one to die." -CKY-

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:32 pm

TriforceCaptre wrote:Oh, well it's still a bunch :oops: . I just saw a long list of the locations and pulled "majority" out of my ass :wink: .
It's cool, I just didn't want people to lynch you when their local stores were all coming up devoid of said sale. Sadly, my area appears to be doing pretty well I suppose, as none of the stores within a fair mileage are having this clearance.

-Corey

xzero
Regular

Post by xzero » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:54 pm

I live in Allentown, PA, which is about 25 minutes away from the Quakertown store (which just recently opened, actually). I went there today to check it out. They still have a pretty good amount of stuff there, including every DBZ season boxset and several of the movies for $20 and $10, respectively (after the discount). It's a good deal. Fortunately, the two stores I frequent (one near Allentown and another in Harrisburg) are both continuing to carry anime, so when DBKai comes out (and the inevitable dub of the second FullMetal Alchemist anime), I'll be in the right place to pick them up without using the net.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:06 am

It's off to Santee and if not La Mesa for me to pick me up some Death Note!

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:36 pm

so wait Best Buy wont be selling anime at all?

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:08 pm

Sun_Wukong wrote:so wait Best Buy wont be selling anime at all?
Corey, on the same page, wrote: The full story, and list of stores, can be found here.
-Corey

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:12 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
Sun_Wukong wrote:so wait Best Buy wont be selling anime at all?
Corey, on the same page, wrote: The full story, and list of stores, can be found here.
-Corey
In the time it took to find, copy and paste, edit, then post, you could have just said "They are still going to sell anime."

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:22 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:In the time it took to find, copy and paste, edit, then post, you could have just said "They are still going to sell anime."
A.) Find? It's literally a handful of posts up the page.

B.) Hitting "Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V" and clicking post actually takes less time than typing that.

C.) "They are still going to sell anime" isn't an entirely correct statement, hence the link.

In closing...what's your point? :P

-Corey

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:30 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
Innagadadavida wrote:In the time it took to find, copy and paste, edit, then post, you could have just said "They are still going to sell anime."
A.) Find? It's literally a handful of posts up the page.

B.) Hitting "Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V" and clicking post actually takes less time than typing that.

C.) "They are still going to sell anime" isn't an entirely correct statement, hence the link.

In closing...what's your point? :P

-Corey
Just kinda douchey.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:33 pm

Best Buy and Future Shop in Canada should do this. They've got single releases for 2004 for $40 still.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:33 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:Just kinda douchey.
Maybe, but if it was a post on another page I'd have no problem. When it's the second one in the thread, which is all of one page, then it becomes a "reading is fun, kids" issue :P

Think what you want.

-Corey

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:38 pm

Wooo!
I can get Movies 3 & 4 and Preorder Movies 8, 10 & 11!!
Then I'll have the whole series AND the movies (Well... until Season 9 comes out I'll only have it in FUNi single format, but still have it XD)

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:19 pm

I'm all caught upon my dragonball releases as of now, so I'll probably use this as an opportunity to get of few of the Yu Yu Hakusho sets.
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:09 am

I had no luck getting Death Note Box Set 1, but I picked up Bleach Box Set 2. I'll probably have to pick up another copy of DBGT Season 1 since my roommate is a fucking clumsy-ass.

*steam slowly comes out of his ears*

saiyanprincess
Regular

Post by saiyanprincess » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:42 pm

Does anybody know if these stores have a website and if they ship overseas? I guess this credit crunch is doing a little good after all......
[b]"Ok, use your instincts Kakarott. Right or Left? (Hmmm... I'd have to say... left.) Good. Then I'm going right!" (Vegeta to Goku as they try to find their way to free the others inside Buu - Episode: The Innards of Buu)[/b]

TriforceCaptre
Beyond Newbie

Post by TriforceCaptre » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:18 pm

saiyanprincess wrote:Does anybody know if these stores have a website and if they ship overseas? I guess this credit crunch is doing a little good after all......
They do have a website but I'm almost 100% sure that the sale doesn't apply there.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:30 pm

Crap, my Best Buy is doing it...

I wish I'd known this last night when I went to Wal-Mart and bought GT Season 2 full price. >.<
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:16 pm

How long does this last?