Goku saying Vegeta wants to get Gohan and Gotenks to fight

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
ahill1
Regular
Posts: 664
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:00 pm

Re: Goku saying Vegeta wants to get Gohan and Gotenks to fight

Post by ahill1 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:50 pm

When was it exactly stated it'd be their end? Can someone post the statement?

User avatar
Hugo Boss
I Live Here
Posts: 2738
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:04 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Goku saying Vegeta wants to get Gohan and Gotenks to fight

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:00 pm

ahill1 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:50 pm
When was it exactly stated it'd be their end? Can someone post the statement?

User avatar
Lionel
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1456
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:54 am

Re: Goku saying Vegeta wants to get Gohan and Gotenks to fight

Post by Lionel » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:09 pm

I get the impression that Goku may have been hearkening back to his desire of wanting to see the next generation take up the mantle and fight. At several points throughout the arc he makes this clear both concerning Gohan and Gotenks.

If it was an issue of efficacy in neutralising Buu then why were these the only options? I don't believe there was anything stopping a newly resurrected Piccolo or Tenshihan from getting transported to the Kaioshin planet so they could seal Buu away in a container with the Mafuba. Another option might have involved Kibitokai using his paralysis arts to subdue Buu long enough for someone to generate a blast powerful enough to vaporise him. Does anyone remember when Shin immobilised SSJ2 Gohan and sometime afterwards merged with his attendant in order to become more powerful? Surely that must have entailed his psychic powers being enhanced as a result, yet we hear no proposal of this. Does it sound strange?

User avatar
Hugo Boss
I Live Here
Posts: 2738
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:04 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Goku saying Vegeta wants to get Gohan and Gotenks to fight

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:31 pm

Lionel wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:09 pm
Does it sound strange?
Not at all, those could probably be good ideas. The point is that the solution presented by Vegeta should be the best among the ones he and Goku were thinking about. It doesn’t sound reasonable to think they would ditch a safe solution in favor of a desperate one. That’s what I subscribe to. They could have thought about restricting Boo’s movements and seal him away, but why not just outright beat him with strength? They weren’t able to fuse probably due to low energy as well. Restoring their energy with the dragon balls or even producing new Potaras was a viable solution too.

User avatar
ahill1
Regular
Posts: 664
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:00 pm

Re: Goku saying Vegeta wants to get Gohan and Gotenks to fight

Post by ahill1 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:10 am

Vegeta rejected "Goku's" idea of bringing Gotenks and Gohan to fight Boo but not under the basis that they wouldn't be enough... but so the Earthlings could play a role on saving Earth. He even stated "these Earthlings ought to learn to take care of things for once", so the impression I get is that Vegeta only wished to do a moral point... and the safest solution of bringing the likely stronger warriors was rejected due to it.

User avatar
Hugo Boss
I Live Here
Posts: 2738
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:04 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Goku saying Vegeta wants to get Gohan and Gotenks to fight

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:47 pm

ahill1 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:10 am
Vegeta rejected "Goku's" idea of bringing Gotenks and Gohan to fight Boo but not under the basis that they wouldn't be enough... but so the Earthlings could play a role on saving Earth.
That’s the kind of point I don’t understand. If Vegeta knew Gohan can beat Boo, why would he want to kill the other Boo? Gohan is not that dumb to be defeated by the same technique three times. And if they want to be sure Gotenks doesn’t mess up, just toss the kids aside like they did in the entirety of Dragon Ball Super. As Goku said, they would fight again and train so they could beat him one-on-one. That pretty much implies Boo wasn’t someone that could be beaten by only one person.

User avatar
Kaboom
Moderator
Posts: 14102
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: Funky Town
Contact:

Re: Goku saying Vegeta wants to get Gohan and Gotenks to fight

Post by Kaboom » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:22 pm

Pure Boo does not have to be stronger than any of the heroes, including Gohan, to be a serious threat to the Earth and everyone on it. He already demonstrated that when he first appeared and immediately blew up the planet without hesitation. If the still-remaining Fat Boo was to somehow spawn another Pure Boo, then he could easily blow up Earth and kill everyone all over again, before anyone could do anything about it.

This is one of those things that make perfect sense the instant you stop viewing it as purely about strength comparisons.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
3DS FC: 1504 - 5800 - 6358


We Gotta Power >>>>> Cha-La Head Cha-La. Fight me.

A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

User avatar
Hugo Boss
I Live Here
Posts: 2738
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:04 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Goku saying Vegeta wants to get Gohan and Gotenks to fight

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:56 pm

Kaboom wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:22 pm
If the still-remaining Fat Boo was to somehow spawn another Pure Boo, then he could easily blow up Earth and kill everyone all over again, before anyone could do anything about it.
I disagree with this idea because Goku doesn’t think that would happen. His solution is pretty much another fight. So, at least, he is under the assumption Boo wouldn’t be able to do as he feels like.

User avatar
ahill1
Regular
Posts: 664
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:00 pm

Re: Goku saying Vegeta wants to get Gohan and Gotenks to fight

Post by ahill1 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:10 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:47 pm
ahill1 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:10 am
Vegeta rejected "Goku's" idea of bringing Gotenks and Gohan to fight Boo but not under the basis that they wouldn't be enough... but so the Earthlings could play a role on saving Earth.
That’s the kind of point I don’t understand. If Vegeta knew Gohan can beat Boo, why would he want to kill the other Boo? Gohan is not that dumb to be defeated by the same technique three times. And if they want to be sure Gotenks doesn’t mess up, just toss the kids aside like they did in the entirety of Dragon Ball Super. As Goku said, they would fight again and train so they could beat him one-on-one. That pretty much implies Boo wasn’t someone that could be beaten by only one person.
Maybe Vegeta isn't sure Gohan can defeat Boo. We know that he has seen Goku SSJ3 and the arising of Super Boo, but we don't know if he's up to date to the most recent events such as Gohan experiencing such power up and clowning Boo.

Besides, are we sure that Kid Boo is the Boo Vegeta might be referring when fearing fat Boo might spawn another Boo? He saw from the other world how Fat Boo was responsible for the Super Boo's arising... So for all he knows, there could be another Super Boo formed by Fat Boo releasing another evil Boo, like the Grey one.

Goku also thanks both Mr. Satan and Fat Boo, attributing them both a role in Earth's salvation... But worth remembering that if it weren't for Mr. Satan distracting Boo and therefore preventing him from killing Vegeta, Vegeta could very well be killed... And then they could not even get to revive Gohan/Gotenks alongside Earth, as that was Vegeta's plan.

User avatar
Hugo Boss
I Live Here
Posts: 2738
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:04 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Goku saying Vegeta wants to get Gohan and Gotenks to fight

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:18 pm

Even if we assume Vegeta is clueless about Gohan’s strength, Goku is not. If by any chance Super Boo would be created again, that would mean Gohan can stop him, right? That would conflict with what Goku said to Vegeta about training to beat him one-on-one, because there would be at least one person that could beat him.

User avatar
ahill1
Regular
Posts: 664
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:00 pm

Re: Goku saying Vegeta wants to get Gohan and Gotenks to fight

Post by ahill1 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:50 am

Hugo Boss wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:18 pm
Even if we assume Vegeta is clueless about Gohan’s strength, Goku is not. If by any chance Super Boo would be created again, that would mean Gohan can stop him, right? That would conflict with what Goku said to Vegeta about training to beat him one-on-one, because there would be at least one person that could beat him.
While I understand this sentiment, I don't think Goku's statement necessarily excludes Gohan from the "can defeat Boo" team. He also has his pride as a warrior, wants to better himself and prove his worth in a 1x1 fight. So while they might have had a solution with Gohan, he still wants to be up to the challenge and fight for himself, therein explaining his desire to train.

Post Reply