The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by ZombieVito » Wed May 05, 2021 6:40 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:15 pm Tullece after the Tree of Might fruit vs. The Ginyu Force.

Round 1: He fights one at a time

Round 2: He fights all of them at once
Didn't Tarles beat a Kaioken x10 Goku?

He's over 300,000. Ginyu force can't do anything.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed May 05, 2021 9:26 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:15 pm Tullece after the Tree of Might fruit vs. The Ginyu Force.

Turles can fight and kill them all at once. He beat a KKx10 Goku, and IIRC, supplementary material stated his PL to be 30,000, before eating the fruit. After the fruit, he is Freeza material.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Thu May 06, 2021 5:42 am

I don't think he could beat any of them.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri May 07, 2021 12:41 am

Round 1: All of the Ginyu Force is easily dispensed with. Frankly, their only glimmer of hope here is if Ginyu himself were able to successfully land a Body Change manoeuvre and exploit Turles' power, however much he's able to harness, and destroy the now confused Saiyan trapped in the captain's original body.

Round 2: It should pan out similar to round 1 except with all of the members now being overwhelmed. I can see one advantage here and that's in Ginyu taking advantage of the chaos to ambush Turles with the aforementioned Body Change technique. You can guess what happens from there.

~~~
You know looking over the information available of the Tree of Might film, it lists Piccolo as having a power level equal to that of Saiyan arc Vegeta's. I think that offers an interesting scenario for a versus match inspired by the Turles one.

Inspired versus match

Vegeta (Saiyan arc; no Oozaru) vs Piccolo (Tree of Might) vs Cui and Guldo (no Time Freeze or paralysis)

GatoF
Beyond Newbie

Post by GatoF » Sat May 08, 2021 5:00 am

Lionel wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:41 am

Round 1: All of the Ginyu Force is easily dispensed with. Frankly, their only glimmer of hope here is if Ginyu himself were able to successfully land a Body Change manoeuvre and exploit Turles' power, however much he's able to harness, and destroy the now confused Saiyan trapped in the captain's original body.

Round 2: It should pan out similar to round 1 except with all of the members now being overwhelmed. I can see one advantage here and that's in Ginyu taking advantage of the chaos to ambush Turles with the aforementioned Body Change technique. You can guess what happens from there.

~~~
You know looking over the information available of the Tree of Might film, it lists Piccolo as having a power level equal to that of Saiyan arc Vegeta's. I think that offers an interesting scenario for a versus match inspired by the Turles one.

Inspired versus match

Vegeta (Saiyan arc; no Oozaru) vs Piccolo (Tree of Might) vs Cui and Guldo (no Time Freeze or paralysis)
I would like to see a battle between Vegeta and Piccolo with same power level. Of all Z-fighters I think Vegeta is the second and Piccolo the third in combat skills. Gurdo is the weakest and without his paralys technique he dies quickly. Cui would be the next to die but he would last way longer than Gurdo.
Vegeta has more raw strenght and is very durable (survived spirit bomb) and Piccolo is more versatile and has regeneration.
I gave the victory to Vegeta but it can go either way.

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Mireya » Sun May 09, 2021 3:24 am

Lionel wrote:Vegeta (Saiyan arc; no Oozaru) vs Piccolo (Tree of Might) vs Cui and Guldo (no Time Freeze or paralysis)
Piccolo holds a considerable edge here since the 18k BP should be valid to his weighted self, so he'd come out on top among all characters featured in this Vs match. Guld is way behind given his lack of reaction to a 10k+ Gohan and Kuririn (why wouldn't you give him his techniques to make this more even?)... Vegeta would come out as the #2 given his wider experience and toughness, with Cui, while as strong as Vegeta, lagging a little behind due to less resources. In short, Piccolo > Vegeta > Cui > Guld as far as winner goes.

EDIT : Ahh, if this is Guld and Cui acting as a team, then I think they can edge out Vegeta, although Piccolo with his ~23k BP (18k x 1.26... the weights) would still be too much for the team, I'd wager.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun May 09, 2021 8:18 am

Yeah, my apologies. I should have clarified that Cui and Guldo are acting as a team here; my logic being that Cui alone wouldn't pose enough of a challenge because of the commonly cited discrepancy in skills next to the likes of Vegeta. Guldo obviously isn't much on his own without psychic abilities but could conceivably serve as back up for a stronger teammate like Cui.

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Mireya » Sun May 09, 2021 8:22 am

Lionel wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:18 am Yeah, my apologies. I should have clarified that Cui and Guldo are acting as a team here; my logic being that Cui alone wouldn't pose enough of a challenge because of the commonly cited discrepancy in skills next to the likes of Vegeta. Guldo obviously isn't much on his own without psychic abilities but could conceivably serve as back up for a stronger teammate like Cui.
Yeah. Well, I mean, Zarbon or Dodoria seemed to think Vegeta would have a really tough time against Cui. He'd likely come out as the winner, of course, but it wouldn't be easy. Adding Guld would ensure Cui's win imo, seeing as even if he's considerably weaker (8k is where I peg him), having him as a back up to someone who'd presumably give Vegeta a tough time is enough to turn the tides.

Bruce Lee vs Jon Jones in a street fight.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Mon May 10, 2021 5:31 pm

Super Saiyan 2 Gohan (Cell Games) vs. Dabura

Super Saiyan 2 Gohan vs. Z Broly

Z Broly vs. Gray Buu

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon May 10, 2021 5:39 pm

Peach wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:31 pm Super Saiyan 2 Gohan (Cell Games) vs. Dabura

Z Broly vs. Gray Buu
1) Goku and Vegeta hinted at even the weaker Buu arc SS2 Gohan winning against Dabura.

2) SS2 wreaks Broly.

3) Gray Buu. He beat up Fat Buu, who should be in the realm of SS2. Even Fat Buu would be enough for Z Broly.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon May 10, 2021 10:58 pm

Peach wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:31 pm Super Saiyan 2 Gohan (Cell Games) vs. Dabura

Z Broly vs. Gray Buu
Super Saiyan 2 Gohan (Cell Games) vs Dabura: Do you believe Dabura was battling SSJ1 Gohan or the ascended form? It's critical to know which transformation he was challenging. I'm inclined to side with SSJ2 going by the example of Dabura tussling with SSJ2 Trunks in the future timeline. We're also aware of Trunks' mastery of the Z-Sword in a literal panel by panel repackaging of Gohan's swordwork from the Buu arc -- the deduction could be made that, at a minimum, Trunks became powerful enough to match the Gohan who was debated as to his effectiveness in battle against Fat Buu.

Having said all of that, Dabura was portrayed as merely being an equal to a sluggish teen Gohan. A top-of-his-form child counterpart would have a solid advantage over the demon king. Dabura's only chance at grasping victory here would be by exploiting his Stone Spit ability.

Super Saiyan 2 Gohan vs Z Broly: Didn't Goku express unease in the first movie and encourage his son to escape despite being aware of his dormant potential? I have to assume that Broly in the second movie became even stronger.

Now if you're referring to the Gohan who had refined himself via swordsmanship training then I could believe the young Saiyan hybrid posing a threat here. It might be a close fight but I believe Gohan would win.

Z Broly vs Gray Buu: I consider Z-Sword Gohan and Grey Buu to be relatively close rivals of each other from a strength point of view. Broly and this variant of Buu might go blow for blow but the inherent stamina wellspring, regeneration, and ability repertoire of the Buus should give the latter the necessary means for victory.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed May 12, 2021 1:26 pm

Z Broly vs. Gray Buu
Dabura couldn't beat a weaker SS2 Gohan so he loses.
Broly gets stomped.
Same as above.

GatoF
Beyond Newbie

Post by GatoF » Tue May 18, 2021 6:26 pm

SSJ Namek Goku vs Piccolo (Android saga Pre-Kami assimilation)

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue May 18, 2021 6:38 pm

GatoF wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:26 pm SSJ Namek Goku vs Piccolo (Android saga Pre-Kami assimilation)
Piccolo was confident in his ability to fight beings purportedly stronger than Freeza. We see that he's capable of backing up his assuredness with action. You can debate as to how powerful he is exactly but it must be substantially greater for him to have the kind of performance we witnessed against Gero.

Personally, I wouldn't deem Piccolo as being much weaker compared to Trunks from the same arc. Namek arc Goku is going to be easily put down, in my opinion.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Tue May 18, 2021 8:40 pm

Z Broly vs. Gray Buu
Dabura was stalemating a rusty SS2 Gohan, so I don't see him actually beating the Gohan from the Cell Games. He's probably stronger than Perfect Cell, though.

Honestly? Broly at the very least rivals SS2 Gohan from the Cell Games. He casually fought and bested a bunch of Super Saiyans, two of them being Goku and Gohan himself.

I'd say the Gray Buu. If he's considered the second half of Super Buu, then he's also basically Kid Buu with an ego (since Super Buu - Good Buu = Kid, not Gray), so Gray/Evil Buu could very well be on the level of SS3 Goku.
GatoF wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:26 pm SSJ Namek Goku vs Piccolo (Android saga Pre-Kami assimilation)
I don't think Piccolo is that strong, nor do I believe that Goku got much stronger (Trunks was stated to have the same amount of ki as Goku in Namek). Rather, to me, 19 and 20 just aren't that strong.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Tue May 18, 2021 9:01 pm

Lionel wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:38 pm
Piccolo was confident in his ability to fight beings purportedly stronger than Freeza. We see that he's capable of backing up his assuredness with action. You can debate as to how powerful he is exactly but it must be substantially greater for him to have the kind of performance we witnessed against Gero.

Personally, I wouldn't deem Piccolo as being much weaker compared to Trunks from the same arc. Namek arc Goku is going to be easily put down, in my opinion.
I personally think he's stronger than the Trunks that defeated Frieza and by a good margin. He was confident that he could fight beings that he knew SSJ Trunks could not defeat. So he bodies both SSJ Trunks (post Namek), SSJ Goku (namek) and Frieza quite easily in my estimation.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue May 18, 2021 10:04 pm

BWri wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:01 pm
Lionel wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:38 pm

I personally think he's stronger than the Trunks that defeated Frieza and by a good margin. He was confident that he could fight beings that he knew SSJ Trunks could not defeat. So he bodies both SSJ Trunks (post Namek), SSJ Goku (namek) and Frieza quite easily in my estimation.
Oh no, I'm talking about Android arc Trunks -- i.e the iteration who returned to the past up until entering the ROSAT for the first time. Anything from before their 3 year training regimen is going to be easily managed by Piccolo, in my opinion.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue May 18, 2021 11:04 pm

Nothing makes me believe 19 and 20 are above Freeza or Namek SS. I doubt Piccolo Jr. can contend with any SS without Kami.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed May 19, 2021 12:53 am

Piccolo wins after a good fight.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue May 25, 2021 7:01 pm

New Fight

Jiren and Broly vs Granolah?