saiyan spouses

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChibiGoku
Beyond Newbie

Re: saiyan spouses

Post by ChibiGoku » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:54 pm

granddragoonknight wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:12 pm i wasn't and even if I did it wouldn't manner
First off, even if it was by accident, the individual does not feel comfortable you using dude here and you should respect their wishes here. Second, it absolutely does matter. Julie is a Trans Woman and it's extremely transphobic to not respect ones gender identity. This is absolutely NOT okay.
granddragoonknight wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:12 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:33 pm
precita wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:30 pm Saiyans have only been shown taking 1 wife at a time in all forms of canon, and apparently there is also no homosexuality of any kind in Saiyan history.
yeah the writers of super were high that day
While this absolutely cannot be confirmed unless the writers themselves speak out, both characters in question use queer-coding, likely to get around specific regulations (potentially China, for instance, due to strong regulations against Queer content and Dragon Ball is made available legally there). This is a very specific thing that a lot of writers have done through the generations and it's probably one of the most blunt examples of Queer-coded characters without outright stating as such.

Saying writers were "high" is not okay, since it's absolutely putting down the writers for various reasons, especially when it comes to them trying to skirt around regulations set by specific parties to show case queer characters. So please, don't use this kinda language.
Last edited by ChibiGoku on Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:55 pm

precita wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:30 pm Saiyans have only been shown taking 1 wife at a time in all forms of canon, and apparently there is also no homosexuality of any kind in Saiyan history.
If humans, walruses, swans and penguins have homosexual couples, why not saiyans?
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

granddragoonknight
Banned

Post by granddragoonknight » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:00 pm

ChibiGoku wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:54 pm
granddragoonknight wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:12 pm i wasn't and even if I did it wouldn't manner
First off, even if it was by accident, the individual does not feel comfortable you using dude here and you should respect their wishes here. Second, it absolutely does matter. Julie is a Trans Woman and it's extremely transphobic to not respect ones gender identity. This is absolutely NOT okay.
again it doesn't matter to me I wasn't misgendering and if even I had why in the heck would it matter over someone calling someone the wrong thing online its not that serious nor should it be when it doesn't reflect who they are in reality

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:01 pm

granddragoonknight wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:00 pm
again it doesn't matter to me I wasn't misgendering and if even I had why in the heck would it matter over someone calling someone the wrong thing online its not that serious nor should it be when it doesn't reflect who they are in reality
Please do not argue. If they don't wanna be called "dude", don't call em "dude".
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:04 pm

Being misgendered makes me feel mentally and physically ill. Referring to a woman as 'dude' is a form a misgendering. I kindly ask for a third time that you refrain from doing so.

Furthermore, I kindly request that you do not refer to queer rep in media as "writers being high".
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

ChibiGoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChibiGoku » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:09 pm

You clearly do not respect Trans people by making statements like this. Many trans people (even cis people who may not have specific cis-passing features, including voice) struggle with acceptance due to the simple fact people constantly may misgender them, either through accident or maliciousness. Double down by the idea that it doesn't matter, really shows you have clueless you are when it comes to matters that affect others.

Doesn't affect you? Okay, sure, but that's incredibly selfish and arguably bigoted. You disregard, handwaved a complaint, about how misgendering did not matter.

Let me give you an example.

I'm a Cis Gay male. I identify as male. However, as a person, I have a very effeminate voice, and I've been misgendered, constantly, because of it. I've also had people focus on my voice, asking me my gender, making uncomfortable comments, and in one case, a bank teller got notably more irritated after I tried to make it clear I was male, by them getting almost an attitude and buckling down on me as ma'am.

It's the one biggest thing I struggle with. It even happened on stream the one time and I felt very uncomfortable for a bit after the incident happened and the individual left after I made it clear I'm cis and male. Never saying anything else.

So yes, it does matter. It absolutely does. Transphobia has overlapping for men and women who do not fit in the ideal "cis" portrayal of people, and it actively harms both Cis and Trans people, as well as the non-Binary community for that matter.

So yes, you should be respectful and concerned how comments such as yourself impacts others around you.

EDIT:
JulieYBM wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:04 pm Furthermore, I kindly request that you do not refer to queer rep in media as "writers being high".
100% this. Honestly, the comment comes off completely queerphobic, as a whole.

granddragoonknight
Banned

Post by granddragoonknight » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:40 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:48 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:50 pm

Please do not misgender me.
i wasn't and even if I did it wouldn't manner
Yes, referring to me as 'dude' is misgendering me. Please refrain from doing so in the future. Thank you.
JulieYBM wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:33 pm

Please do not refer to the inclusion of same-gender relationships in media so disrespectfully. Seeing representation normalizes and gives children confidence to be themselves.
no it doesn't what kid cares about two saiyans females in a one sided relationship that's doesn't go absolutely no where and is unbelievable in general

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:45 pm

granddragoonknight wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:40 pm

i wasn't and even if I did it wouldn't manner
Yes, referring to me as 'dude' is misgendering me. Please refrain from doing so in the future. Thank you.

Please do not refer to the inclusion of same-gender relationships in media so disrespectfully. Seeing representation normalizes and gives children confidence to be themselves.
no it doesn't what kid cares about two saiyans females in a one sided relationship that's doesn't go absolutely no where and is unbelievable in general
Kids ostracized for being queer by society do in fact absorb and internalize the manner in which media portrays them.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

fleahop
Beyond Newbie

Post by fleahop » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:46 pm

@granddragoonknight

I was banned for way way less dude. Let it go.
Movie 1/Dead Zone >>> DBS Broly

I'll die on this hill

granddragoonknight
Banned

Post by granddragoonknight » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:53 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:45 pm
granddragoonknight wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:40 pm

Kids ostracized for being queer by society do in fact absorb and internalize the manner in which media portrays them.
no there not

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:01 pm

User banned.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::