Fusion Dance

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

confused

Fusion Dance

Post by confused » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:00 am

In GT, Goku and Vegeta do the fusion dance, which shouldn't be possible since Vegeta never learnt it. I don't think he would have asked Trunks or Goten to teach him - that would be too uncharacteristic. The Janemba movie (which I've never seen) can't be a possible explanation either because it does not fit into the timeline -Goku and Vegeta were never both dead except for a very short period of time in the Buu saga. So is there an in-story explanation for this or is it just another GT plothole?

El_Diablo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by El_Diablo » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:33 am

Another GT plothole. Supposedly it's because he learned it in Movie 12, and GT takes place in the movie timeline because we see Coola coming out of Hell.

The shouldn't be able to fuse anyway, since Goku is much taller than Vegeta
Where's the beef?

confused

Post by confused » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:34 pm

But the 'movie timeline' isn't even something that exists as a coherent whole- the movies just spin off from different points in the 'proper' timeline.

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:48 pm

And GT is a horrible mishmash of main and movie storylines :)

Fuujin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Fuujin » Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:25 pm

Vegeta apparently saw the Fusion Dance from the Other World and learned it immediately, just like Piccolo. Even though Goten and Trunks had to practice it for a whole day. Yeah.
It's party time, Ginyu style!

confused

Post by confused » Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:33 pm

And he didn't forget it for 20 years and didn't even hesitate once when he did it in GT. Right......

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:25 pm

Well, he's a Saiyan, right? Maybe storing techniques in their mind is another trait. *shrug*

And, just for the record, Coola's first appearance (the events of movie 5) are part of the anime timeline. Movie 6, however, isn't.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:44 pm

But Vegeta did fuse with Goku to form Vegito. Couldn't Vegeta have learned the Fusion Dance from Goku (who knew it perfectly) by sharing a mind with him?

confused

Post by confused » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:48 pm

I've never seen any of the movies (probably just as well) but I read in another thread that movie 5 can't be considered part of the anime timeline because they didn't sense Cooler even though he was very powerful and didn't know how to hide his ki- in DB Goku could sense Piccolo Daimaou from Korin tower immediately after drinking the choushin sui and the demon king was far weaker than Cooler and the Z fighters' ki senses would have been far more developed than that at the time the movie was supposed to take place. Also, there was something about Goku not being able to go SSJ at will...

confused

Post by confused » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:55 pm

About Saiyans picking up techniques: I think there is some evidence of that in the series, with Vegeta picking up the Kienzan and the ability to sense ki from the Z fighters after the battle on Earth, but that is contradicted in the Cell saga when Vegeta can't figure out how to go FPSSJ during his second year in the RoSAT- we can be fairly sure he was trying to achieve it because he talks about how ingenious it is etc. Also, Goku had stated that Vegeta was a genius earlier on, so if Goku could figure out in one year what Vegeta couldn't in two, does that make Goku one of the world's smartest people? Is that where Gohan got his brains?

As for the Vegetto thing, I agree that it is a possibility.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:59 pm

Who's to say Coola can't hide his power level? *Shrug*

(Fun thing about DB - you only know so much and everything else is made-up)

Just consider it a plot device. Like how, in the .hack games, Kite can kill a level 6 monster single-handedy despite being level 1 or 2.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:21 pm

What I'm wondering is how Vejiita learned the dance so quiclky. It took Goten and Trunks an entire day to perfect it.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:33 pm

As someone said earlier, he could've learned it in the afterlife.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:09 pm

B-kun wrote:As someone said earlier, he could've learned it in the afterlife.
Or from Goku when they were fused as Vegito.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:15 pm

Right. ^^; Sorry.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:39 am

El_Diablo wrote: The shouldn't be able to fuse anyway, since Goku is much taller than Vegeta
Well, I never thought the height thing was required. I've always thought that the closer the height/power level, the better the fusion would be. I mean, Toriyama did draw Puririn, so maybe that's him saying the equal height rule was to make the best fusion result.
Also, on the character intoduction pages in the manga, it gives a clear picture of Goten anfd Trunks standing next to each other, and Trunks is at least half a head taller than Goten.
And, even if my wack theories are wrong, taking an old quote from this site, "It's not a plothole, it's GT!"
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:25 am

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:00 pm

Ya gotta love that wizard!

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:53 pm

Gogeta is a cool character.

SSJ4 is pretty decent.

Gogeta + SSJ4 = :D

Why else should we care?

Ok, seriously it's GT. GT has more holes in it than swiss cheese!

And one theory to counter the "Vegeta learnt it when he and Goku were fused", how come he didn't know about Goku's deal with Old Kai?

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:21 pm

Caracal wrote:And one theory to counter the "Vegeta learnt it when he and Goku were fused", how come he didn't know about Goku's deal with Old Kai?