About the airing of seasons 1 and 2 a few years ago...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ultimate_DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

About the airing of seasons 1 and 2 a few years ago...

Post by Ultimate_DB_Fan » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:25 am

Cartoonetwork began showing DBZ uncut a few years ago, but then suddenly stopped during the Ginyu arc. I believe the last episode shown was the one where Recoome sticks his middle finger at Goku. After that, CN didn't air the proceeding episodes which really got me upset, 'cuz this took place before I got the orange bricks and that was the only way I could see anything DragonBall.
Does anyone know why?
I heard somewhere that parents or something got upset at the show for the stuff that was being shown. Was this the case, or was it something else entirely?

Freeza.exe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freeza.exe » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:01 am

It ended because...that's the end of the redubbed episodes. They were just airing those and that's all she wrote.
My friend broke my PSP just in time for Naruto Ultimate Ninja 5 to come out....WHOOOO!

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:54 am

They did continue airing the show till a few episodes after Cell showed up. But the end of the Ultimate Uncut Edition was during those Ginyu Force episodes.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Freeza.exe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freeza.exe » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:58 am

Anonymous Friend wrote:They did continue airing the show till a few episodes after Cell showed up.
Not directly after the Ultimate Uncut dub though right? They brought it back in like the afternoon starting with the Ocean Saiyajin stuff.
My friend broke my PSP just in time for Naruto Ultimate Ninja 5 to come out....WHOOOO!

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:55 am

It's been so long ago ... But I think they did. The UUE was airing at 10:30pm weeknights but at somepoint they moved it to Saturdays, I think. I know around the time Piccolo ran into Cell they had the episodes on the VOD a week earlier than they aired. If I can get into the HDD of my old DVR I'll check and see.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:01 am

Yeah, they DID show the UUE episodes. I remember watching the Princess Snake in the Hotel room me and my Dad stayed in during our trip to NYC. 8) And I had some of it on tape. :)

As for the Jinzonengen stuff, they did show the Cell arc, I don't really remember the first half (With 17 and 18 doing whatever they wanted) I do remember seeing Cell Battle Vegeta (Imperfect and Perfect) The only memory of that was watching it on my cousin's Computer that had a built-in TV tuner.

I don't remember them showing anything else after that, I'm afraid. I really did think it was going to be like the good 'ol days, watching the Buu arc on Cartoon Network, what brought me into DBZ fandom. But they screwed us over again, with the death of Toonami, Anime was pretty much banned from CN, allowing more room for the rest of their garbage they show on the once good network.
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku