If Ginyu body-switches Gogeta and then he defuses...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

If Ginyu body-switches Gogeta and then he defuses...

Post by Innagadadavida » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:48 pm

So followers of Sailgar on Twitter might have seen his tweet where he asked if Ginyu body switched Gogeta, then Gogeta defused, what would happen? What are some of your theories?

I think either Ginyu would defuse into a half-Ginyu Goku and half-Ginyu Vegeta, or Gogeta would split into Goku and Vegeta both with Ginyu's persona. It might be an effective way for him to clone his mind/spirit/existence.
Last edited by Innagadadavida on Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:50 pm

I think this question fits right alongside the infamous "what if female Ranma got pregnant" one and other questions that should not be asked.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Ginyu Body Switch Fused Guy Defuses

Post by Dr. Casey » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:54 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:or Gogeta would split into Goku and Vegeta both with Ginyu's persona.
I think this one would be more likely, personally. Or maybe Ginyu's influence would disappear once Gogeta defused but the spirit and mind of Gogeta would still be in Ginyu's body, meaning that the newly reformed Goku and Vegeta would be soulless husks incapable of moving or doing anything besides perhaps reflexive actions like blinking and crapping themselves.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:58 pm

Gogeta is a separate being from Goku and Vegeta. When the fusion runs out, Goku and Vegeta would appear again and Gogeta would still control Ginyu's body.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:08 pm

Rocketman wrote:Gogeta is a separate being from Goku and Vegeta. When the fusion runs out, Goku and Vegeta would appear again and Gogeta would still control Ginyu's body.
Wow, I think this is actually pretty correct.

As the man himself said, "I am neither Goku or Vegeta!"
deviantART
[thread]

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Dr. Casey » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:10 pm

So Ginyu would be wiped out of existence, huh?

Talk about a complicated form of suicide.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:24 pm

Dr. Casey wrote:So Ginyu would be wiped out of existence, huh?
Talk about a complicated form of suicide.
Not necessarily "wiped from existence." I think it'd just kill him, and his soul would move on like any other. I guess that's just what happens when you unnaturally plunk yourself into a temporary body.
deviantART
[thread]

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:34 pm

Taking it further than it probably needs to go, I think it depends on what Ginyu projects into his victims (His soul? His consciousness?) and if Gogeta has a soul of his own separate from Vegeta and Goku. If so, would that mean that Gogeta's soul has been replaced with Ginyu's and every time the fusion was performed he would appear as the dominant personality? Or, would he (as you guys theorize here) simply blink from existence, leaving us with two Gogetas (one body and soul, the other merely soul)?

-Corey

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:49 pm

What is Goku and Vegeta fused into Gogeta, then Goten and Trunks fused into Gotenks, and then Gogeta and Gotenks used the Potara?

The question reminds me of that, except not as done-to-death.

I think it would shove Goku and Vegeta back into their native bodies and Ginyu back into his own body in a really weird looking exchange of special effects.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:32 pm

Duo wrote:What is Goku and Vegeta fused into Gogeta, then Goten and Trunks fused into Gotenks, and then Gogeta and Gotenks used the Potara?
The potara will explode because Gogeta can't be polluted by Gotenks.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:35 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Duo wrote:What is Goku and Vegeta fused into Gogeta, then Goten and Trunks fused into Gotenks, and then Gogeta and Gotenks used the Potara?
Whom is greater in your mind, Vegetto or Gogeta?

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:45 pm

Duo wrote:Whom is greater in your mind, Vegetto or Gogeta?
Vegetto, because of the permanence of the fusion. Gogeta is designed to break up, so his full power can't truly be accessed, because it erodes his own existence.

Of course, this is just in comparison to each other. To everybody else, both are invincible.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:21 am

A question that has been asked multiple times: Vegetto. Because Elder Kaioshin stated that the Potara was more effective than Fusion.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:06 pm

Gogetto!!!!!
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

MajinKing
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MajinKing » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:55 pm

He probably wouldn't even be able to controll that body. Remember that he coudn't even controll goku at namek? So he would just ditch the body in the end.
90% of dragonball fans detest dragonballgt. If you are one of the 10% who like GT, post this in your signature.

Read my DBGT Remake fanfic! http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=9747
Read my DBAF fanfic, it has terrible writing the first few chapters but I improve in later ones, http://anime.myfavoritegames.com/creative-corner/fanworks-library/101320-dragonballaf.html

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:07 pm

MajinKing wrote:He probably wouldn't even be able to controll that body. Remember that he coudn't even controll goku at namek? So he would just ditch the body in the end.
He wouldn't know how to turn Super Saiyan or anything like that, but he was able to access about a fourth of Goku's power...so even with a fourth of Gogeta's power he'd be nearly unstoppable.

IncompetentOverlord
Beyond Newbie

Post by IncompetentOverlord » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:11 pm

Duo wrote:
MajinKing wrote:He probably wouldn't even be able to controll that body. Remember that he coudn't even controll goku at namek? So he would just ditch the body in the end.
He wouldn't know how to turn Super Saiyan or anything like that, but he was able to access about a fourth of Goku's power...so even with a fourth of Gogeta's power he'd be nearly unstoppable.
Also, Gogeta doesn't use Kaou-Ken, so he would probably be able to access more than that.
Stuff I Know About: Hellsing, Detective Conan, Macross, GaoGaiGar, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Kaiji, Hetalia, Fullmetal Alchemist, Captain Harlock, Digimon, Berserk, Dragon Ball, One Piece, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cyborg 009, Lupin III, Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman, Discworld, Avatar: The Last Airbender, TMNT, Futurama, Invader Zim, South Park, Sandman, Marvel, DC, Scott Pilgrim, Star Wars, Godzilla, Doctor Who, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Kingdom Hearts, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:36 pm

IncompetentOverlord wrote:
Duo wrote:
Also, Gogeta doesn't use Kaou-Ken, so he would probably be able to access more than that.
Wasn't Goku's base power somewhere around 90,000 at that point?

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:30 pm

Duo wrote:
Rocketman wrote:
Whom is greater in your mind, Vegetto or Gogeta?
That's simple.

Gogeta = Goku + Vegeta

Vegetto = Goku x Vegeta
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:02 pm

Kendamu wrote: That's simple.

Gogeta = Goku + Vegeta

Vegetto = Goku x Vegeta
Wasn't Fusion always been some form of multiplication?
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.