Will they ever make new DBZ?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Will they ever make new DBZ?

Post by Dayspring » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:23 pm

I think I'd need another cast focus shift to appreciate things. After Boo, the main characters are now stronger than that which is even unnaturally possible. If not, then maybe another expansion of the cosmos (IE: turns out the Dai Kaioshin answered to someone else and that are even MORE realms like Kaioshinkai, just nobody knew because the DK was dead for millions of years).

Maybe have the new cast focus on Goku, Uub and Pan for a bit, show us the Demon Realm?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:36 pm

Dayspring wrote:Maybe have the new cast focus on Goku, Uub and Pan for a bit, show us the Demon Realm?
I'd like that. The Demon Realm is the next logical place to go.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

TenshinFan
Beyond Newbie

Post by TenshinFan » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:49 am

I always thought the head Makaioshin would make a good post-GT villain...

But I do like the idea of shunting aside the Saiyans and letting the second/third-stringers take over for a series. Imagine Ten, Chaozu, Yamcha, Yajirobe, and maybe a new guy or two taking the spotlight!

...okay that would never happen in a million years lol. But still.... we all have our silly fan-tasies...

Also, speaking of higher realms, I have this uber-silly fan-theory that the "God" God of the DB Universe visited Earth briefly to teach a few humans the ways of ki and also imprison a world-threatening demon... yes, the real God is Mutaito! :lol:

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:16 am

But if we're talking about possible stories, I want something after DBZ manga with Uub and Goku in blue dougi. Those anime and manga endings are always somewhat flat, like I'm going home, see you again (never actually in most times), giving you some hope of next stories and they'll never end it with actual ending (only if main character dies) like, I'm going to live with my family and have a peaceful live. But there's always, we're going to train for a next threat or I'm going to explore or fight somwhere else and see ya later.

If they'll make a movie with some fight after the actual story, not like Ossu at the end of Buu saga, it will serve instead of GT, which also didn't had actual ending and please all fans.
Or they can make some short OVA like 8 - 12 episodes.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:33 am

TenshinFan wrote:Imagine Ten, Chaozu, Yamcha, Yajirobe, and maybe a new guy or two taking the spotlight!
What possible drama can there be when characters stronger than the gods are just a signalling away.

"NO CHAOZU'S AWESOME NEW TECHNIQUE HAS FAILED, WHATEVER SHALL WE DO NO-"
"Hey guys! I felt your ki weakening so I decided to teleport over to see what's up!"

TenshinFan
Beyond Newbie

Post by TenshinFan » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:28 pm

Rocketman wrote:
TenshinFan wrote:Imagine Ten, Chaozu, Yamcha, Yajirobe, and maybe a new guy or two taking the spotlight!
What possible drama can there be when characters stronger than the gods are just a signalling away.

"NO CHAOZU'S AWESOME NEW TECHNIQUE HAS FAILED, WHATEVER SHALL WE DO NO-"
"Hey guys! I felt your ki weakening so I decided to teleport over to see what's up!"
Simple: The Saiyans are in another realm or on another planet. The humans are on Earth, not fighting someone of Omega Shenron level or anything, but maybe entering Tenkaichi Budokais or fighting villains more on par with themselves (who'd still be a great threat to earth)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:34 pm

A good way to stick the human characters to the forefront as the main heroes for an arc would be for the villain in question (who would be on par strength-wise with the humans) to have some way to either trap the saiyajin characters somewhere or to release a virus that only affects those with saiyajin blood and leaves them all bedridden so that not only would Tenshinhan, Kuririn, Piccolo, and the others need to take down the bad guy, but they'd also need to get him or her to give them the antidote to save Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, etc.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:26 pm

I'm liking this idea. Definitely should happen. Our much neglected humans need a chance to do something! Anything! Even if it was Yamucha and Kuririn's Happy Time Cooking Show.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:39 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:Even if it was Yamucha and Kuririn's Happy Time Cooking Show.
This is a must.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

TenshinFan
Beyond Newbie

Post by TenshinFan » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:39 pm

Ten and Chaozu's Snuggly Time Bedroom Show? :wink:

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:33 am

TenshinFan wrote:Ten and Chaozu's Snuggly Time Bedroom Show? :wink:
I don't think anyone would want that.

But yeah, a new series where the Z Warriors go to the Demon Realm would be interesting.

Baby Naruto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Baby Naruto » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:21 am

Bussani wrote:I think there are different interpretations of "true to DB/Z" going on here. I'd take it to mean capturing the feel of Toriyama's work, which I don't feel GT did.
This is sorta what I meant I guess.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:55 am

Chuquita wrote:would Tenshinhan, Kuririn, Piccolo, and the others need to take down the bad guy, but they'd also need to get him or her to give them the antidote to save Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, etc.
Piccolo on a bad day is stronger than all the humans put together (and by "all the humans" I literally mean every single human on Earth). His presence renders them useless.

TenshinFan
Beyond Newbie

Post by TenshinFan » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:07 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Chuquita wrote:would Tenshinhan, Kuririn, Piccolo, and the others need to take down the bad guy, but they'd also need to get him or her to give them the antidote to save Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, etc.
Piccolo on a bad day is stronger than all the humans put together (and by "all the humans" I literally mean every single human on Earth). His presence renders them useless.
Yeah. I always had this theory though, that when he died in GT, Nail separated from him in the afterlife. Since he and Kami were originally one, they'd stay fused, but Nail would become separate once more. I mean, if Vegito died, it would be Goku and Vegeta in the afterlife separate. Same with Nail/Piccolo. In which case, with a good portion of his power gone, plus the fuck-ton of training Ten and Chaozu had (everytime they're not in sight, it's said they're training. They've trained for like 20 straight years! They've gotta be pretty tough now!), I think Piccolo and the humans would be on a more even playing field. Yamcha, Yajirobe, and old-as-fuck Kurilin would be weaker, but still MUCH stronger than you're average human.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:10 pm

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:
TenshinFan wrote:Ten and Chaozu's Snuggly Time Bedroom Show? :wink:
I don't think anyone would want that.
Trust me, there are some people who'd be begging for that, just to fulfil their over-imaginative fanboy/fangirl wishes.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:31 pm

TenshinFan wrote:I mean, if Vegito died, it would be Goku and Vegeta in the afterlife separate.
No it wouldn't. Vegetto is a separate being with his own soul.
plus the fuck-ton of training Ten and Chaozu had (everytime they're not in sight, it's said they're training. They've trained for like 20 straight years! They've gotta be pretty tough now!
They're doing regular old training by farting about in the mountains, and they're vanilla humans. Even if they have power levels of 10 million, Piccolo would swat them like flies. Even if they had PLs of a hundred million, Piccolo could swat them like flies.

Humans suck.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:08 pm

Yeah. We should hate ourselves. We totally suck.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:12 pm

This reminds me of the first Fanfiction I ever read ('sides my own). Which was a "Freeza's mother seeks revenge and oh look it's Goku's mother and sister" story...
But Freeza's mother had access to technology that could incapacitate specific species (I think it assumes that Saiyans and Humans are different species. I know some aren't so sure, so I'm just Saiyan...), but it wasn't configured for humans. So Freeza's mother fights Goku, Piccolo and Vegeta and some Saiyan OCs get knocked out, and the half-breeds can't transform.

... Come to think of it, I don't think Vegeta contributed a thing in that fanfic...

Ehm.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

piccolo-san785
Beyond Newbie

Post by piccolo-san785 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:01 am

I would have liked to seen a remake of some sorts for dbz (maybe someday). Have the whole show re-done with new animations and be true to the manga such as dragon ball kai is doing.

TenshinFan
Beyond Newbie

Post by TenshinFan » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:31 am

piccolo-san785 wrote:I would have liked to seen a remake of some sorts for dbz (maybe someday). Have the whole show re-done with new animations and be true to the manga such as dragon ball kai is doing.
... so how is Kai not filling that need for you?