DBGT vhs box set

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

DBGT vhs box set

Post by Senzu_Bean » Mon May 17, 2010 3:46 pm

If someone know about this GT box set do you mind tell me how many and what figures has it?

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: DBGT vhs box set

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Tue May 18, 2010 5:22 am

I guessing it's the Blue Water GT dub since it was released by Manga Entertainment. The cut out figures probably came the tapes.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Tue May 18, 2010 5:23 am

I'm so jealous of whoever owns that.

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Tue May 18, 2010 6:12 am

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:I guessing it's the Blue Water GT dub since it was released by Manga Entertainment. The cut out figures probably came the tapes.
There is no home release of the Blue Water dubs. I guess these are Spanish VHS' (or Italian, Portugese?)

ShonenKnife
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShonenKnife » Tue May 18, 2010 6:16 am

I can't find anything on a Manga Entertainment release of GT at all. This is more than likely a polished bootleg. Still, looks pretty nice.
What does the scouter say about his blood alcohol level?
Eddie wrote:SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Standing on exploding planets may put your health at risk. Pregnant women, or women who may become pregnant (possibly by a spiky haired alien with a penchant for murder & destruction) should get the f*** off of said planet. If you find yourself on an exploding planet, get your ass to the dancing purple man's ship and leave immediately.

DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DB_Fan » Tue May 18, 2010 7:20 am

Those VHS are not bootleg. They are from the Portuguese dub. That set includes the first 15 (or 16, not sure) episodes of the series. It was released in 1998, before it was shown on television. The other cut out figure missing is Pan.

I had a few of these VHS. The picture quality was crap, but it was the best thing we had back then. Even today, while showing on reruns, it looks worse than the previous series.
Last edited by DB_Fan on Tue May 18, 2010 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShonenKnife
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShonenKnife » Tue May 18, 2010 7:50 am

Looking a little further, I see all sorts of foreign vhs releases. I have no idea who released what, where, when or even how, but european licensing must have been a total mess back then. :?
What does the scouter say about his blood alcohol level?
Eddie wrote:SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Standing on exploding planets may put your health at risk. Pregnant women, or women who may become pregnant (possibly by a spiky haired alien with a penchant for murder & destruction) should get the f*** off of said planet. If you find yourself on an exploding planet, get your ass to the dancing purple man's ship and leave immediately.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Tue May 18, 2010 8:04 am

DB_Fan wrote:The other cut out figure missing is Pan.
This is an old box set and yesterday I found it and tried to "fix" it. I have Goku, Trunks, the Dragon and the spaceship (which isn't seen on the pic). Are you sure only Pan is missing? I thought there are in total 6 figures...

DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DB_Fan » Tue May 18, 2010 9:09 am

Senzu_Bean wrote:
DB_Fan wrote:The other cut out figure missing is Pan.
This is an old box set and yesterday I found it and tried to "fix" it. I have Goku, Trunks, the Dragon and the spaceship (which isn't seen on the pic). Are you sure only Pan is missing? I thought there are in total 6 figures...
I am certain about Pan. The other one, I think is Giru.