I'm in a predicament (Movie Singles or Double Features?)

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jordanator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: I'm in a predicament (Movie Singles or Double Features?)

Post by jordanator » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:58 am

I'd say the Steel case movies, as I also plan to dish out some money on DBZ movies.
Erm... what are alternate angles? I only the know the mathematics meaning for alternate angles, where, if more then one angle makes a ''Z'' shape, the inner angles of the ''Z'' are the same.
PS3 PSN: Jordanator
XBOX 360 GAMERTAG: J0RDANAT0R
nathantheguitarist wrote: I will punch children.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:01 am

It means that it have Japanese credit and Japanese stuff like title.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:47 am

jordanator wrote:I'd say the Steel case movies, as I also plan to dish out some money on DBZ movies.
Erm... what are alternate angles? I only the know the mathematics meaning for alternate angles, where, if more then one angle makes a ''Z'' shape, the inner angles of the ''Z'' are the same.
Lol. Alternate video angles. So, if you select Japanese audio, it will switch to the unedited video, but if you select the English audio, it sets it to the video track with replaced title cards and ending. FUNimation doesn't do alternate angles anymore, which is a real problem for the Dragon Ball series. The reason being that newer shows get translations of the Japanese episode/movie titles and credits, while Dragon Ball gets FUNi's own made up titles, and their replacement credits. Also, in a mostly unrelated note, they can't seem to get the the Japanese names right. They continuously mis-credit Chiho Kiyooka as "Chiho Kikuchi". :/
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:34 pm

linkdude20002001 wrote:
jordanator wrote:I'd say the Steel case movies, as I also plan to dish out some money on DBZ movies.
Lol. Alternate video angles. So, if you select Japanese audio, it will switch to the unedited video, but if you select the English audio, it sets it to the video track with replaced title cards and ending. FUNimation doesn't do alternate angles anymore, which is a real problem for the Dragon Ball series. The reason being that newer shows get translations of the Japanese episode/movie titles and credits, while Dragon Ball gets FUNi's own made up titles, and their replacement credits. Also, in a mostly unrelated note, they can't seem to get the the Japanese names right. They continuously mis-credit Chiho Kiyooka as "Chiho Kikuchi". :/
The problem is not the fact that they edited it with just the translation. Its the fact that is translated poorly or done wrong.

As long as all the information is there, correctly translated, with the original backgrounds, images and soundtrack, there is no need for alternate angles at all.

oXdanXo
Regular

Post by oXdanXo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:14 am

I've got the "Wrath of the Dragon" and "Fusion Reborn" double feature and it looks good. On the back it says region 1, 2, 4 so it should work with USA & UK DVD players. However, it won't work in my UK player, I had to hook my TV up to my laptop to play it, so I'd be careful if you're in Europe as we're region 2 so it (theoretically) should play, but doesn't.
Next to get; Leged of Saiyan figures and Freeza's force

If anyone sees
Any of the Legend of Saiyan line going cheapish
Or any other Banpresto DBZ figure :)

If anyone has a cooler steelbook dvd that wants to sell it (prefer new but used is fine) when/if the dragon box movies comes out contact me :)

Sun-Wukong
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sun-Wukong » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:31 pm

I still prefer the single releases. I want that precious %20 of picture on the top and bottom that the Double Features crop out, but then again I am a stickler for that sort of thing. Best case scenario is I'm waiting for a domestic release of Dragon Box: The Movies.
This will never not be my sig:
VegettoEX wrote:"Snoop Lion" is just a character he's playing for his reggae album and documentary. Him saying that it's his new name is all part of the character.

I can't believe this is on-topic.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:39 pm

Sun-Wukong wrote:I still prefer the single releases. I want that precious %20 of picture on the top and bottom that the Double Features crop out, but then again I am a stickler for that sort of thing. Best case scenario is I'm waiting for a domestic release of Dragon Box: The Movies.
But...you'd still be getting cropped footage. The Dragon Boxes crop the movies, too. Just not the show.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Sun-Wukong
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sun-Wukong » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:40 pm

Yeah, I kind of realized that after I posted but my brother was on the computer. Either way I've got the single releases. Just curious though, are the TV specials cropped in the Dragon Box the way they are in the Double Feature?
This will never not be my sig:
VegettoEX wrote:"Snoop Lion" is just a character he's playing for his reggae album and documentary. Him saying that it's his new name is all part of the character.

I can't believe this is on-topic.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:43 pm

Sun-Wukong wrote:Yeah, I kind of realized that after I posted but my brother was on the computer. Either way I've got the single releases. Just curious though, are the TV specials cropped in the Dragon Box the way they are in the Double Feature?
No, they're in 4:3.

DbzFanboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by DbzFanboy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:12 pm

Now is the best time to get the Double feature steel books, movies 1&2 are on sale at best buy for $4.99. The Broly triple feature is on sale for $9.99 and a few other great sales.
FOREVER FORNEVER

oXdanXo
Regular

Post by oXdanXo » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:38 pm

DbzFanboy wrote:Now is the best time to get the Double feature steel books, movies 1&2 are on sale at best buy for $4.99. The Broly triple feature is on sale for $9.99 and a few other great sales.
The Cooler one is now unavailable unless you go with a Blu-ray, though, so people can't get the whole collection. I'm missing the Cooler one.
Next to get; Leged of Saiyan figures and Freeza's force

If anyone sees
Any of the Legend of Saiyan line going cheapish
Or any other Banpresto DBZ figure :)

If anyone has a cooler steelbook dvd that wants to sell it (prefer new but used is fine) when/if the dragon box movies comes out contact me :)