Could Shen Long of Earth revive Kid Trunks?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Could Shen Long of Earth revive Kid Trunks?

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:36 am

Since technically he and future Trunks were the same person, would Shen Long not be able to revive him on a technicality?
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Re: Could Shen Long of Earth revive Kid Trunks?

Post by Vegeta Jr » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:32 am

There is no reason why not, Goku wouldn't have been able to otherwise. heck anyone who has died died earlier in the future.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:13 am

Vegeta Jr wrote:There is no reason why not, Goku wouldn't have been able to otherwise. heck anyone who has died died earlier in the future.
I wish I could ask this in more detail, but...huh? I don't get what you're saying.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:18 am

Vegeta Jr wrote:There is no reason why not, Goku wouldn't have been able to otherwise. heck anyone who has died died earlier in the future.
Well, they died in the future, though. Future Trunks died while in the past. But yeah, I think it's safe to assume Shenron would make a distinction between them, since they're from different times.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:26 pm

Bussani wrote:
I wish I could ask this in more detail, but...huh? I don't get what you're saying.
He's saying everyone in Future Trunk's time line died by the Androids hands. They couldn't have been revived if those were Shenlong's rules.
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:35 pm

Blue wrote:He's saying everyone in Future Trunk's time line died by the Androids hands. They couldn't have been revived if those were Shenlong's rules.
No one in Trunks' future was revived, though. And even if they were, that would be by a different Shenlong to the one that revived Future Trunks in the present. That said, I do think Shenlong would differentiate between the two versions of Trunks.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:14 pm

You just said it yourself, the two Shenlongs are different as are the two Trunks.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:02 pm

Vegeta Jr wrote:You just said it yourself, the two Shenlongs are different
...But Future Trunks was revived by the same Shenlong that would be reviving Young Trunks, which is the whole point of the topic. Thus your comment about Goku dying in the future didn't make any sense to me.