How much more powerful would the Gohan/Goku fusion be?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7753
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Quebec, Canada

Re: How much more powerful would the Gohan/Goku fusion be?

Post by Dayspring » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:46 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I personally think you are taking the rivalry thing a bit to literal. Goku and Vegeta are like polar opposites in terms of personality, the only thing they share is a love for battle. If you combine those two together you get a stronger individual in terms of a person, not power. From the little bit we see him in the manga, Vegetto lacks character defects which in turn makes him closer to the perfect ideal of man. The only trait that we can see as bad for him is his being cocky, but a lot of that seems just to be based on his trying to get Buu to absorb him, a way to enrage his opponent. As for the actual power of the Potara fusion is still just Goku x Vegeta, though with everything balanced out, would have great potential for improvement.

Goku fusing with Gohan on the other hand would present a stronger fighter, but in general, the resulting character would be almost the exact same as Goku or Gohan individually. They share very similar personality traits, though the new fusion may enjoy battle a little less and possibly pick up a book on occasion. The resulting character would still have much more power than Vegetto to start off, but all the similarities would prevent growth the same way.

Think of it like this, Vegetto is a 100 piece puzzle and the Gohan/Goku fusion is a 1000 piece puzzle, though Vegetto ended up with less pieces all of his fit together while the other character's box got all the same pieces twice, so you can never finish it correctly.
I LOVE the analogy: it really got your point across perfectly.

I see it as both, though. Not some "rivalry = magically produced more power when they fuse", though, so much as their rivalry resulting in two very different fighting and ki gathering styles being created. Being both in one, Vegetto can combine both styles to create a new, significantly more powerful style. In the very few instances when that's not possible, he can simply choose to use whichever is the more efficient.

So if Vegeta had 9,000 power and a skill X that lets him use up to 3,000 power in one technique, while Goku had 10,000 power and a skill Y that lets him use 5,000 power in one technique, Vegetto would have a power of 19,000 and a skill XY that lets him use 8,000 (or more) power in one technique. Meanwhile Gohan has a power of 15,000 and skill Y, so his fusion with Goku would be that "Gokan" has a power of 25,000, but can still only use 5,000 power in one technique.

From another perspective, Goku and Gohan both know how to make the same tomato sauces. Their fusion would result in someone who knows how to make tomato sauce too, but not "more" or "better" tomato sauces. As a cooking rival to Goku, Vegeta knows how to bake bread products instead of also learning how to make tomato sauces. His fusion with Goku gets us Vegetto, who not only knows how to make tomato sauces, but also how to bake bread products. On top of that, having intimate knowledge of both, Vegetto knows which sauce to add to which in order to make pizza. At the "Saiyan Cooking Fair," Goku always scores a 2.5/5 for his sauces, while Vegeta scores a 2/5 for his breads. Vegetto's pizza scores 5/5, which is higher than both Goku and Vegeta's scores combined.

It's the same concept in regards to rivalry affecting power; the higher Vegetto's skill, the higher his overall fighting strength will be.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

User avatar
Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here
Posts: 3393
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:21 am
Location: QLD, Australia
Contact:

Re: How much more powerful would the Gohan/Goku fusion be?

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:16 pm

All right, so Vegetto would be a better fighter than Saiyaku.

But I have to bring up the Bruce Lee vs. a tank argument. All the fighting skills in the world won't do any good if your opponent is at such a ridiculous level.

I mean, there was no doubt that Goku was a better fighter against Freeza, but it makes no difference if you can't damage your opponent.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

User avatar
Bussani
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8041
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:35 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: How much more powerful would the Gohan/Goku fusion be?

Post by Bussani » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:18 pm

hleV wrote:Its' Gokan.
I think that has the same problem as "Gokhan". "Gok" isn't a syllable from "Goku".
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I personally think you are taking the rivalry thing a bit to literal. Goku and Vegeta are like polar opposites in terms of personality, the only thing they share is a love for battle. If you combine those two together you get a stronger individual in terms of a person, not power. From the little bit we see him in the manga, Vegetto lacks character defects which in turn makes him closer to the perfect ideal of man. The only trait that we can see as bad for him is his being cocky, but a lot of that seems just to be based on his trying to get Buu to absorb him, a way to enrage his opponent. As for the actual power of the Potara fusion is still just Goku x Vegeta, though with everything balanced out, would have great potential for improvement.
That's true, although one could argue that making a more ideal personality may also give benefits to the ki output--ki being a mental/spiritual energy, after all. Kind of like how absorbing Dai Kaioshin tamed Buu and brought his power down, but backwards?
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11377
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: How much more powerful would the Gohan/Goku fusion be?

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:43 pm

Dayspring wrote:It's the same concept in regards to rivalry affecting power; the higher Vegetto's skill, the higher his overall fighting strength will be.
Yes, that's why I said Vegetto has great potential, but "Gokuhan" would be stronger right after fusion. Vegetto would be powerful and have great skill with a lot of options on how he want to fight, develop a style, etc. But all of that in my view is over time. Even with Goku's natural genius in combat with Vegeta's technical skills, it would take more than starting a fight 30 seconds after fusing to hone anything worth while. In the Dragon World, especially after the Daimao arc, the strongest fighter pretty much always wins. Technique has been pushed to the wayside.

Just for example, with a little groundwork. Goku and Vegeta are even after the Majin Vegeta battle, Goku has SS3 for a max and Vegeta has SS2. Goku is scared of Super Buu while Gohan is capable of fighting Super Buu WITH Gotenks absorbed, making his power far above Goku's SS3. Fusion is simple Fighter A multiplied by Fighter B.

Goku = 100
-Super Saiyan 3 = 40,000
Vegeta = 100
-Super Saiyan 2 = 10,000
Gohan = 100,000

Vegetto = 10,000
-Super Saiyan = 500,000

Gokuhan = 10,000,000
-Super Saiyan = 500,000,000

"Gokuhan" significantly higher power would dwarf any advantage skill may give Vegetto.
Kingdom Heartless wrote:All right, so Vegetto would be a better fighter than Saiyaku.

But I have to bring up the Bruce Lee vs. a tank argument. All the fighting skills in the world won't do any good if your opponent is at such a ridiculous level.

I mean, there was no doubt that Goku was a better fighter against Freeza, but it makes no difference if you can't damage your opponent.
I agree with this 100%. Don't get me wrong, I love Vegetto more than I could ever love a fusion of Goku and Gohan, but it just wouldn't be a competition. "Gokuhan" would be a BEAST.
Bussani wrote:That's true, although one could argue that making a more ideal personality may also give benefits to the ki output--ki being a mental/spiritual energy, after all. Kind of like how absorbing Dai Kaioshin tamed Buu and brought his power down, but backwards?
And while I accept that as a possibility, I still don't see it making THAT huge of a difference. See my above reply for what I mean. Despite Vegetto's "perfection", "Gokuhan" would be a behemoth of a fighter to take down. All he would have to do is shoot a ki blast that even if Vegetto put up a shield with EVERYTHING he had, the blast would still overwhelm the defense.

Goku in all his imperfection has been a force to reckon with throughout the series, so I imagine Goku's natural talent mixed with Gohan's natural talent after Ro Kaioshin expanded his limits would still win out.
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

User avatar
goku the krump dancer
I Live Here
Posts: 3001
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:34 pm

Re: How much more powerful would the Gohan/Goku fusion be?

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:52 pm

I think the fact that Goku and Gohan are father and son would somehow hurt the fusion...
It's not too late. One day, it will be.

User avatar
Bussani
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8041
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:35 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: How much more powerful would the Gohan/Goku fusion be?

Post by Bussani » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:55 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:And while I accept that as a possibility, I still don't see it making THAT huge of a difference.
Yeah, that's fair enough.
Gokuhan = 1,000,000
-Super Saiyan = 50,000,000
What I wonder here is if Gokuhan's power would be multiplied by the normal x50, since most people think that Gohan's SSJ power was out in his base form at that point. Of course, fusions are stronger than the sums of their parts and count as separate characters entirely, so...that might be putting too much thought into it.
goku the krump dancer wrote:I think the fact that Goku and Gohan are father and son would somehow hurt the fusion...
Elder Kaioshin didn't seem to think so.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

User avatar
goku the krump dancer
I Live Here
Posts: 3001
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:34 pm

Re: How much more powerful would the Gohan/Goku fusion be?

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:03 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:I think the fact that Goku and Gohan are father and son would somehow hurt the fusion...
Bussani wrote:Elder Kaioshin didn't seem to think so.
Yeah but he didnt make the rival comment until after Vegetto was kicking Buu's ass.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11377
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: How much more powerful would the Gohan/Goku fusion be?

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:07 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Yeah but he didnt make the rival comment until after Vegetto was kicking Buu's ass.
But the intended plan was for Goku to go and fuse with Gohan, you'd think that if he would have mentioned something before Goku even left if his fusing with his son would cause an undesired result.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

User avatar
Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7753
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Quebec, Canada

Re: How much more powerful would the Gohan/Goku fusion be?

Post by Dayspring » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:20 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Yes, that's why I said Vegetto has great potential, but "Gokuhan" would be stronger right after fusion. Vegetto would be powerful and have great skill with a lot of options on how he want to fight, develop a style, etc. But all of that in my view is over time. Even with Goku's natural genius in combat with Vegeta's technical skills, it would take more than starting a fight 30 seconds after fusing to hone anything worth while. In the Dragon World, especially after the Daimao arc, the strongest fighter pretty much always wins. Technique has been pushed to the wayside.

Just for example, with a little groundwork. Goku and Vegeta are even after the Majin Vegeta battle, Goku has SS3 for a max and Vegeta has SS2. Goku is scared of Super Buu while Gohan is capable of fighting Super Buu WITH Gotenks absorbed, making his power far above Goku's SS3. Fusion is simple Fighter A multiplied by Fighter B.

Goku = 100
-Super Saiyan 3 = 40,000
Vegeta = 100
-Super Saiyan 2 = 10,000
Gohan = 100,000

Vegetto = 10,000
-Super Saiyan = 500,000

Gokuhan = 10,000,000
-Super Saiyan = 500,000,000

"Gokuhan" significantly higher power would dwarf any advantage skill may give Vegetto.
First off, I think we should pay attention to the fact that two out three potara fusions neither confirm nor deny the multiplication idea, while the third flat out refutes it. Meanwhile, there's plenty of evidence (especially Boo saga) that refutes the idea of SSJ being a straight x50 multiplier. At that, the source of the x50 multiplier makes a specific note of implying that strength and BP are two separate things.

Second of all, your example assumes that Vegetto is 10x weaker than Gohan. Nothing suggest that. For all we know, Vegetto only went SSJ to scare the crap out of Gohan Boo.

Finally, technique was never abandoned. FP-SSJ over USSJ, as well as Uub prove this. Technique is all about how you use the power you have. If Gokuhan has an infinite amount of energy but can only use gather to take out someone of Super Boo's strength, then in a fight with Vegetto, that won't amount to jack.
Kingdom Heartless wrote:All right, so Vegetto would be a better fighter than Saiyaku.

But I have to bring up the Bruce Lee vs. a tank argument. All the fighting skills in the world won't do any good if your opponent is at such a ridiculous level.

I mean, there was no doubt that Goku was a better fighter against Freeza, but it makes no difference if you can't damage your opponent.
I agree with this 100%. Don't get me wrong, I love Vegetto more than I could ever love a fusion of Goku and Gohan, but it just wouldn't be a competition. "Gokuhan" would be a BEAST.
While I agree in theory, I don't think the comparison is a fair one. The point I'm making would be like comparing a WWI tank to a modern-day (military issued) Humvee. The Humvee may be more maneuverable, faster and durable (ie: strength), but in regards to weaponary (ie: skill), the WWI tank would win in the long run, even if the Humvee would do some serious damage just ramming into the WWI tank over and over first.
Bussani wrote:That's true, although one could argue that making a more ideal personality may also give benefits to the ki output--ki being a mental/spiritual energy, after all. Kind of like how absorbing Dai Kaioshin tamed Buu and brought his power down, but backwards?
And while I accept that as a possibility, I still don't see it making THAT huge of a difference. See my above reply for what I mean. Despite Vegetto's "perfection", "Gokuhan" would be a behemoth of a fighter to take down. All he would have to do is shoot a ki blast that even if Vegetto put up a shield with EVERYTHING he had, the blast would still overwhelm the defense.

Goku in all his imperfection has been a force to reckon with throughout the series, so I imagine Goku's natural talent mixed with Gohan's natural talent after Ro Kaioshin expanded his limits would still win out.
Just to be fair, your example didn't acknowledge this at all, let alone in "that huge" a difference.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11377
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: How much more powerful would the Gohan/Goku fusion be?

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:16 pm

Dayspring wrote:First off, I think we should pay attention to the fact that two out three potara fusions neither confirm nor deny the multiplication idea, while the third flat out refutes it. Meanwhile, there's plenty of evidence (especially Boo saga) that refutes the idea of SSJ being a straight x50 multiplier. At that, the source of the x50 multiplier makes a specific note of implying that strength and BP are two separate things.
Almost everything in the Buu Saga contradicts something. None of the Potara fusions provide any sort of hint as to how they work in any context other than "the result is greater than the sum of its parts". That could mean A+B+C, (A+B)xC, (AxB)+C, AxBxC, we don't know. The only thing we truly have to go with is the SEG, and if you don't believe that, then there is just no basis for the debate. We can throw out statements of facts and ideals, but we can't prove anything and never will unless is is set and stone...and since Toriyama really wants nothing to do with Dragon Ball anymore, I doubt it will really happen. The most we can expect is another vague statement that doesn't help in any way.

I'd comment on the Super Saiyan multiplier bit, but honestly, I'm just tired of you trying to counter without a common groundwork. If you don't believe the numbers given in the EXAMPLE, then what do you believe so we can be on the same playing field, cause right now this is like playing soccer with a bowling ball.
Second of all, your example assumes that Vegetto is 10x weaker than Gohan. Nothing suggest that. For all we know, Vegetto only went SSJ to scare the crap out of Gohan Boo.
Nothing disproves it either. Filler be damned, 90% of it makes a plot hole in a canon work, so straight from the manga, all we know is that Vegetto went Super Saiyan. Did he need to? Did he just do it to scare Buu? You can't prove one side or the other, so my example still stands as one side of the coin. All we know is that Both Goku and Vegeta's bases are weaker than Gohan after his unlock from Ro Kaioshin. If we hold your idea that Potara doesn't multiply the power of the fusees, then that leaves Vegetto's base MUCH MUCH MUCH weaker than Ulitmate Gohan.

Finally, technique was never abandoned. FP-SSJ over USSJ, as well as Uub prove this. Technique is all about how you use the power you have. If Gokuhan has an infinite amount of energy but can only use gather to take out someone of Super Boo's strength, then in a fight with Vegetto, that won't amount to jack.
Technique was pretty much abandoned. Little hints peak through here and there, but overall it's just who can throw the biggest sphere of glowing death. and BTW, your assuming quite a bit in the second half there, but there is no way to begin a debate if you aren't setting the rules. I already covered this up top, so meh, I'm done on this one.
Just to be fair, your example didn't acknowledge this at all, let alone in "that huge" a difference.
There's no point, because you don't believe the stated multipliers for any of the concepts being debated, thus I can't say "Well, if you take the fusion result and multiply it by 10 for the 'zen' aspect of the personality, then you get this result". I can't show my acknowledgment if I if I'm not told the formulas I can work with, even if the product would be purely hypothetical.
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

User avatar
Coycoy88
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:14 am

Re: How much more powerful would the Gohan/Goku fusion be?

Post by Coycoy88 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:18 pm

I personally think he would have more power. But..... even if they had fused with the earrings, killed Buu, and got everything back to normal.... how would... I mean..... ug..... It would be a bit awkward living back at home with Chichi. xD Eww. XD Hm... I wonder if the Potara fusion could be un-done by using the Dragonballs to wish themselves to be separated back into their original forms?
My Youtube account (Coycoy88)

I primarily rip and upload unreleased Faulconer Productions music, as well as some other American dub music.

User avatar
Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7753
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Quebec, Canada

Re: How much more powerful would the Gohan/Goku fusion be?

Post by Dayspring » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:46 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:STUFF
I don't mean to come across as someone running around screaming "lalalalaI'M-NOT-LISTENINGlalalala!!", it's just that my point is the debate comes from us not having any defined variables other than "Potara combines amazingly" and "rivalry makes it a hell of a lot more amazing." SSJ is greater than kaioken x40 when Goku first uses it. The daizenshuu simply states that going from 3,000,000 to X (where X is probably less than 5, since Farmer w/shotgun at 5 can support his own weight) to 150,000,000 is the same as SSJ being 50x greater than the base. While true, being a multiplier of x50 isn't the only way he got that high. For example, SSJ could simply be nothing but a ki reserve, whose output is equal to 150 mil prior to being trained (ie: the FP and USSJ ROSAT trainings). The fact that Trunks (chibi) makes a ki blast large enough to scare #18 supports this (especially when you factor in how SSJs are the strongest in the universe), as well as how base Gohan becomes stronger than his own SSJ stage in about a single day's training with the Z-sword.

Now while the SEG states SSJ2 = SSJ Strength x2 and SSJ3 = SSJ2 Strength x4, they're literally in the same set of three definitions that uses BP specifically (meaning a different terminology) for SSJ. In other words, BP and Strength are two separate things, so it doesn't make sense to treat them as identical, especially if doing so adds nothing to the debate but a plothole.

On top of this, potara does two things: combine the users' powers "somehow", rivalry has a HUGE affect on the power gained "somehow". Assuming it's a straight multiplication is the "somehow" tells us to disregard those two facts. While I earlier said it's not just "extra" power, the rivalry could very well be that. I can't dismiss someone who feels that it is.

So while it's true there will never be a definitive right answer, there are certain answers that are more correct than others. If the manga has proof supporting those theories, those would be the ones you go with, regardless of how you feel (unless you're willing to look for and find evidence that better supports yours). For example, I'd be all for using the SEG potara definition, had they said the rivalry aspect turns the combining from simple addition into straight multiplication.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

User avatar
Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here
Posts: 3393
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:21 am
Location: QLD, Australia
Contact:

Re: How much more powerful would the Gohan/Goku fusion be?

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:46 am

If I had to guess what he would look like, I would say similar to Future Gohan.

Image
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

User avatar
Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8749
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:23 am

Re: How much more powerful would the Gohan/Goku fusion be?

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:24 pm

I think that a Potara fusion between Goku and Gohan would be far more powerful than Vegetto, simply because Gohan is just that much more powerful than Vegeta.

As for the rivalry aspect of things...while Vegeta probably is more adept in battle than Gohan and perhaps is more "compatible" with Goku because of whatever you want to say; by the time the Boo Arc rolls around, all that technique and skill stuff is thrown out of the window in favour of raw power, and it shows when Gohan, someone who had not properly trained for 7 years, is able to knock round Super Boo as easily as when he knocked round Cell 7 years prior, all because he had his potential brought out. And before you say, his potential was brought out in his skills and technique, no. That's not what Gohan's potential was. It was dormant power that had been laying in there for years, and nothing has hinted otherwise that it's to do with his method of fighting. The fact remains that power outweighs skill.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

User avatar
Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7753
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Quebec, Canada

Re: How much more powerful would the Gohan/Goku fusion be?

Post by Dayspring » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:34 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:I think that a Potara fusion between Goku and Gohan would be far more powerful than Vegetto, simply because Gohan is just that much more powerful than Vegeta.

As for the rivalry aspect of things...while Vegeta probably is more adept in battle than Gohan and perhaps is more "compatible" with Goku because of whatever you want to say; by the time the Boo Arc rolls around, all that technique and skill stuff is thrown out of the window in favour of raw power, and it shows when Gohan, someone who had not properly trained for 7 years, is able to knock round Super Boo as easily as when he knocked round Cell 7 years prior, all because he had his potential brought out. And before you say, his potential was brought out in his skills and technique, no. That's not what Gohan's potential was. It was dormant power that had been laying in there for years, and nothing has hinted otherwise that it's to do with his method of fighting. The fact remains that power outweighs skill.
No it doesn't. FPSSJ vs USSJ prooves this. That doesn't mean skill outweighs power either, though, but it does show that power can be used more efficiently. Like when a weakling like Krillin cut off Freeza's tail with an energy attack. Krillin is nothing compared to Recoom, who is nothing compared to a BP of 60,000, which is about only 1/20th of Freeza's second form's BP, yet using his skill, he made it so that his power seriously wounded Freeza. The point is that neither skill nor power alone is greater than the combination of both.

And comparing Ultimate Gohan to Z-Sword Gohan doesn't proove that power outweighs skill. They're both Gohan, meaning they're both hours apart from each other, so they have the exact same amount of skills. Of course the version that's stronger will be more powerful overall.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Post Reply