How much more powerful would the Gohan/Goku fusion be?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

How much more powerful would the Gohan/Goku fusion be?

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:31 pm

In other words, how much more than Vegetto.

I mean, when thinking about it, Elder Kaioshin claimed that their fusion would be able to transform. Wouldn't that make him ridiculously more powerful than Vegetto, since it would be a Super Saiya-jin transormation of Gohan's ultimate power?

Heck, could the world even take the chi?

What's your take on it?
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Savage68
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: How much more powerful would the Gohan/Goku fusion be?

Post by Savage68 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Well, "Gokan" was hyped up by the Elder Kai to be capable of killing Buutenks, without a transformation necessary (I assume he'd still be able to go SSJ, since he's half Goku)...and Vegetto seemed to need SSJ to pummel Buu. But it was only SSJ1. Ultimately, you have base Goku and Mystic Gohan's power compared to SSJ Goku and SSJ Vegeta's power, so I'm thinking Gokan would be infinitely superior to Vegetto.

mysticboy

Post by mysticboy » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:01 am

A Mystic Gohan/Goku fusion would be waaaay stronger then Vegetto. The gap between their power levels be like the gap between Mystic Gohan and base Vegeta. In other words, uber gap.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:56 am

Vegetto's power comes from the perfect combination of Goku and Vegeta. Fusing with Gohan is like multiplying by zero.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:57 am

Didn't Goku & Vegeta being rivals give the fusion a boost? Gohan/Goku fusion would not get that.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:58 am

But what the name of the fusion? Kuhan

Savage68

Post by Savage68 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:08 am

Kid Buu wrote:Didn't Goku & Vegeta being rivals give the fusion a boost? Gohan/Goku fusion would not get that.
He wouldn't need it. The Elder Kai said that Vegetto was so incredibly powerful because his fusees (Goku & Vegeta) were two of the universe's strongest, and the "rivalry boost"--if it's even a boost--had little to do with the matter. Vegetto's power comes from Goku and Vegeta, not Goku and Vegeta + symmetry bonus. So likewise, the same fusion with Gohan instead of Vegeta would have to receive virtually the same kind of power.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:36 am

Rocketman wrote:Vegetto's power comes from the perfect combination of Goku and Vegeta. Fusing with Gohan is like multiplying by zero.
Just because Vegeta and Goku's fusion seemed perfect, doesn't mean one between Goku and Gohan wouldn't work just as well, if not better. Personally, I think they would form a fantastic warrior, mixing Goku's love for battle with Gohan's raw power. To say it's like multiplying by zero is just another ridiculous and clearly biased.
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:45 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:Personally, I think they would form a fantastic warrior, mixing Goku's love for battle with Gohan's raw power. To say it's like multiplying by zero is just another ridiculous and clearly biased.
It's mixing a idiot savant with a pure idiot.

But you're right. It'd be more of multiplying by one.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:01 am

I'd like to mention that a Gohan / Goku fusion would fight a weaker Majin Buu then Vegetto did as Buu wouldn't have Gohan absorbed in this scenario. Doesn't really have much relevance to this thread, but I wanted to point that out.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:23 am

Rocketman wrote:
Kingdom Heartless wrote:Personally, I think they would form a fantastic warrior, mixing Goku's love for battle with Gohan's raw power. To say it's like multiplying by zero is just another ridiculous and clearly biased.

Gohan is in no way an idiot. I'd say he's easily more intelligent than Vegeta, anyway. Not as a fighter, but in general. The only way his half would be harmful to the fusion is his lack of fighting prowess, which Goku more than makes up for, since Goku is more gifted in battle than Vegeta anyway. So yes, Kuhan or whatever may not be quite as battle savvy as Vegetto, but he wouldn't be that far off.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:56 am

Goku100xKamehameha wrote:But what the name of the fusion? Kuhan
That's actually a really good question. :P

I dunno, Gokhan?

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:00 am

It's still pronounced the same as Gohan, Kuhan will be good.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:18 am

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:I dunno, Gokhan?
If I remember right, "Gokhan" isn't a logical outcome from mixing the katakana spellings of the names (which is how all the other fusion names work). "Gokuhan" was one of the popular choices last time we had a discussion like this.
Goku100xKamehameha wrote:It's still pronounced the same as Gohan, Kuhan will be good.
Fusion names mix the first part of one name with the last part of the other name, so Kuhan seems a bit weird.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:01 am

I did a shady fusion name formula a few years back and got Gohaku, which sounds awkward.
Goharotto?
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:11 am

Its' Gokan.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:42 am

caejones wrote:I did a shady fusion name formula a few years back and got Gohaku, which sounds awkward.
Goharotto?
Well, if you go by "Vegetto" being a mix between "Vegeta" and "Kakarotto", then your name should work: "Gohan" and "Kakarotto" becomes: "Goharotto"! :P
But maybe Goku's name became "Kakarotto" because of the two of them already having real Saiya-jin names.
*Wonders what Vegeta's Earthling name should be and Gohan's Saiya-jin name*
What about Angus for Vegeta and Potatoto for Gohan? XD

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:01 am

Or, we could just go with Saiyaku! Saiyaman/Goku. It's funny, because it's close to Saiyuki. :lol:

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:17 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:
Rocketman wrote:

Gohan is in no way an idiot. I'd say he's easily more intelligent than Vegeta, anyway. Not as a fighter, but in general. The only way his half would be harmful to the fusion is his lack of fighting prowess, which Goku more than makes up for, since Goku is more gifted in battle than Vegeta anyway. So yes, Kuhan or whatever may not be quite as battle savvy as Vegetto, but he wouldn't be that far off.
Gohan, like his father, clearly lacks common sense, though (remember the baseball game, etc). If common sense were $10, Goku's got a penny while Gohan's got a quarter.

But to satisfy Rocketman:
"Gokan" = Goku x Gohan = 10 x 10,000,000 = 100,000,000 = just as freakishly powerful as everyone thinks he'd be.

Vegetto = Goku x Vegeta x Rivalry = 10 x 9 x (1/0) = UNDEFINED. Check your calculators, bitches! Vegetto defies the laws of mathematics, which prooves he's dwarfs Gokan!
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:48 am

I personally think you are taking the rivalry thing a bit to literal. Goku and Vegeta are like polar opposites in terms of personality, the only thing they share is a love for battle. If you combine those two together you get a stronger individual in terms of a person, not power. From the little bit we see him in the manga, Vegetto lacks character defects which in turn makes him closer to the perfect ideal of man. The only trait that we can see as bad for him is his being cocky, but a lot of that seems just to be based on his trying to get Buu to absorb him, a way to enrage his opponent. As for the actual power of the Potara fusion is still just Goku x Vegeta, though with everything balanced out, would have great potential for improvement.

Goku fusing with Gohan on the other hand would present a stronger fighter, but in general, the resulting character would be almost the exact same as Goku or Gohan individually. They share very similar personality traits, though the new fusion may enjoy battle a little less and possibly pick up a book on occasion. The resulting character would still have much more power than Vegetto to start off, but all the similarities would prevent growth the same way.

Think of it like this, Vegetto is a 100 piece puzzle and the Gohan/Goku fusion is a 1000 piece puzzle, though Vegetto ended up with less pieces all of his fit together while the other character's box got all the same pieces twice, so you can never finish it correctly.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)