Dragonball Vs. Non Dragonball

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragonball Vs. Non Dragonball

Post by Pantalones » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:12 pm

Mortal Kombat is a difficult comparison because it's a fighting game. Everybody has to be able to beat everybody else for game balance.
True... but apparently there are "canonical" storylines/endings for some of the games (which have Liu Kang beating Shao Kahn at least once from what I remember.) Even if Shao Kahn is vastly more powerful than most of the other characters, from what I can find on wiki articles and such, most of that power is derived from black magic. Without that, while he's still very strong physically (in comparison to an ordinary person) just from the virtue of being huge and knowing how to fight, he's not so far beyond the other characters that nobody can even scratch him. And most of his magic seems to go toward stuff like weakening the boundaries between worlds, sucking out the souls of random citizens, and bringing people back as his undead servants... not so much in the way of direct combat abilities (most of his attacks are plain physical blows from what I've seen; some or all of his attacks might be magically-enhanced in some way, but he still mostly just punches, kicks, and smashes people with his hammer when he fights.)

And as far as I can tell, it seems like most Mortal Kombat characters aren't that far beyond an ordinary real-life human, aside from fighting skill/experience and magic-related powers anyway. In terms of speed/power/durability they definitely don't get anywhere near Dragonball (and especially not DBZ) levels. In terms of power, they just don't seem to go that far beyond what a slight exaggeration of a very strong "normal" human martial artist can do--nobody's blowing up mountains or the moon or anything like that, though they might knock part of a wall down every now and then. On top of that, durability doesn't seem to go up with power as much as it does for DB/Z characters; nobody in MK ever takes an axe or gunshot to the head and just walks away with an "owwie" (...though you could argue that those don't count since Dragonball was still very "gag-y" at that point), and even when fighting-game character balance isn't an issue (like in the 1-player modes some of the newer games have) there are a lot of traps and such that kill you instantly. Speed doesn't go really far beyond normal either--nobody in MK goes around catching dozens of bullets effortlessly, or having entire fights in a single second too quickly for anyone around to see, or anything like that.

Mystic Gohan
Regular

Post by Mystic Gohan » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:28 am

Android 17 vs rohan parulkar, who wins?

Silkman3003
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Silkman3003 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:33 am

Who is the strongest DB character, Kenshiro can beat?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:49 am

Silkman3003 wrote:Who is the strongest DB character, Kenshiro can beat?
Kenshiro can defeat anyone in Dragon Ball.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Goten Forever
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Goten Forever » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:16 pm

Really?
I reckon he can just about beat Mr Satan by the looks of him.
SON GOTEN FTW
except GT Goten
Especially after he went out with Paresu-chan

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:36 pm

Kenshiro is OPed as fuck, he makes SSJ4 Gogeta look like Chiaotzu in comparison.

They'll already be dead before they even land a decent punch on Kenshiro. Mr. Satan is the only person that can brutalize Kenshiro (with ease at least), he has a hidden badass within him.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:46 pm

Silkman3003 wrote:Who is the strongest DB character, Kenshiro can beat?
Probably Spopovich or Yamu.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:59 am

Vegeta vs. Kazuya Mishima
Burter vs. Flash
Mr. Satan vs. Chuck Norris
fadeddreams5 wrote:

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:15 pm

Unless Kazuya has some wierd special ability that I don't know of, then I would say Vegeta easily.
Which Flash you talking about?
Are you talking about Chuck Norris the man, the myth, or the legend?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:30 pm

dario03 wrote:Unless Kazuya has some wierd special ability that I don't know of, then I would say Vegeta easily.
1. Kazuya can become a Devil

2. The Flash from Flash comic books

3. The Legend Chuck Norris.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:49 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
dario03 wrote:Unless Kazuya has some wierd special ability that I don't know of, then I would say Vegeta easily.

Yeah I know he becomes a devil but afaik that just makes him stronger, lets him fly, and shoot lasers from his eyes. None of that is shown to be on dbz levels though (afaik) so he would need stuff like possession or soul stealing or something like that.

Yeah I figured you were talking about flash from DC comics but I mean which one? Theres multiple flashes and they're different depending on what series of comics. So at times some Flashs are just super sonic and at other times some are beyond light speed and have instant movement. In any case I'll just say that it depends on which version of Flash we're talking about because it could go either way (which is my default answer for a lot of DBZ vs DC questions).

The legend Chuck Norris wins by default.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:57 pm

dario03 wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:

The legend Chuck Norris wins by default.
That won't be easy though. :wink:
fadeddreams5 wrote:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:09 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Kenshiro is OPed as fuck, he makes SSJ4 Gogeta look like Chiaotzu in comparison.
But won't most DB characters just attack Kenshiro before he can do anything? From what I can remember that he lacks the speed that most Dragon Ball characters have.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:43 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:Kenshiro is OPed as fuck, he makes SSJ4 Gogeta look like Chiaotzu in comparison.
But won't most DB characters just attack Kenshiro before he can do anything? From what I can remember that he lacks the speed that most Dragon Ball characters have.
He can kill people without even touching them so they'd already be dead.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

Silkman3003
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Silkman3003 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:00 pm

Here is a respect thread for anyone who either doesn't have much knowledge on Kenshiro, or can't remember.etc
http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=276954

Munso Tensei is like one of his strongest moves

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:48 pm

Who's the strongest character in DB Spider-Man could defeat?
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:26 pm

Krillin
fadeddreams5 wrote:

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:31 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:Who's the strongest character in DB Spider-Man could defeat?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:36 pm

Fox666 wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:Who's the strongest character in DB Spider-Man could defeat?
Then he can defeat anyone in Dragon Ball.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:37 am

Fox666 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that scan is when Spiderman was unknowingly powered up by Lex Luthor (might of weakened Superman to). If not then something is affecting them or that probably isn't the real Spiderman or Superman or perhaps that is Spiderman when he had the powers of Captain Universe.