Proof of Toriyama's Change of Style for Gohan

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Son_Gohan
Advanced Regular

Re: Proof of Toriyama's Change of Style for Gohan

Post by Son_Gohan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:17 am

hleV wrote: When he tapped into his hidden powers, his hair didn't change.

But once he started flying toward Buu, his hair changed. The beginning of the forehead-bang got pushed up as it had never been in any Super Saiyan form of Gohan's. It's more like a Super Saiyan 3 forehead-bang-push-up. But that's just me. However the small hair made of a single line still remained, except for the forehead one.
The interesting thing about that is if you continue through the pages, you'll notice his bangs actually slowly transition to the right side, it wasn't an abrupt change.
Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote: 1) Is this something you think a guide book would really talk about? It's something only fans with way too much time on their hands talk about.

2) Why would anybody need any other proof? If you can see that Gohan's hair is different during the 25th Tenkaichi-Budokai, does another source really need to point that out? That's like saying you need a guide book to prove that a Super Saiyan has golden hair.
His base form's hair isn't the subject in question though, naturally it would grow longer in a month's time, that's only to be expected.

It's the assertion that Toriyama would change Gohan's SSJ1 hairstyle so that it resembled his SSJ2 hair; with a single prominent bang. I found no evidence to back it up, but there is an argument you could make against it. Since it was the 2nd smaller bang which differentiated the form in his first SSJ1 appearances, if AT decided to change it so that it was no longer there as a normal Super Saiyajin, the same would've been done to his base form, since there would have been no reason for it to be included anymore.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Re: Proof of Toriyama's Change of Style for Gohan

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:58 am

I'm well aware of which form is being discussed. When Gohan gets pissed off because of Videl's beating, he transforms into a Super Saiyan. He only had the single strand of hair in the front.
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?