"Mysterious" power levels scan??!

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

"Mysterious" power levels scan??!

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:55 am

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... epower.JPG
As you can see if I linked it probably this is a scan of Dragonball characters and their power levels throughout the series. A guy has all ready made a thread about this, but that thread is more than one month old, and you couldn't see all the power levels. On this version however you can, and it looks like 1 Kiri= 1 million in Scouter Units(let's say SU for short), as we have Goku(SSJ1) = 3 billion and Yakon at 800 million. I can't read Japanese so it would be nice if someone could translate what it primarily says in the text underneath the pictures of the characters, and also what do you make of it?
Does it look official or is it definetely fan made?
NB: this was found on Dragonball wikia, some guy posted it in the talk section of "List of Power levels"
Edit: The guy who put it up on Dragonball wikia has it listed as "Jump battle powers image", it could be a simple assumption on his part though, but who says it isn't possible that "weekly jump" or something similar made this, but later scrapped because it was merely guesses???
Last edited by dbgtFO on Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Savage68
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Mysterious" power levels scan??!

Post by Savage68 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:02 pm

We discussed this scan in a nearly identical topic not too long ago. I don't think it's age matters, since everything of substance that needed to be said about it has been said.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:12 pm

Well Savage68, I know but I wasn't sure if I should reply in that thread, so I just used rule 2. Besides I don't think everything has been said about it now that you see more of it, plus it would be nice if someone knew what it says in japanese.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:22 pm

Kid Goku had a powere level of 10, seems kind of low? Didn't Farmer w/ shotgun have a power level of 5 and Videl a power of 11?

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:57 pm

I still say it's something fan made. Anything from Jump would have a lot more (often useless) text, but this is pretty bare bones. The text for each character is merely their name and whatever form they are in, when relevant (ie "Son Goku, Super Saiyan Full Power").

Note that whoever put that together seems to be using the Super Exciting Guide's multipliers for Super Saiyan 2 and 3 (x2 and x4, respectively). SSj3 Goku is put at 24,000,000,000, which is 8 (2x4) times his regular SSj form of 3,000,000,000. And Boo's BP of 32,000,000,000 seems to be based on the idea that he's equal his SSj3 Gotenks, since regular Gotenks is at 4,000,000,000. So we can logically assume that this was made after the SEG came out, which was about a year and a half ago. The only official guides that have come out in that time are the Golden Warrior and Extreme Battle Collection books, and if this were in there we would have doubtlessly heard about it by now. And if this had appeared in an issue of Jump during that time, we would also surely have heard about it.

The idea that 1 kiri = 1,000,000 BP was used in a Japanese fansite called Outer Z, although the site never claimed it was anything official. Perhaps its use here is just a coincidence though. Cell's BP being 4,000,000,000 seems based on Dabra's comment in the anime that not even 4,000 kiri was enough to defeat him. Also note that if SSj Full Power Gohan is at 2,500,000,000, his Super Saiyan 2 BP would be 5,000,000,000, putting him over Cell. So again, it seems that they're using the SEG multipliers.

So bottom line, I'd say this was put together by some fan, not necessarily with any intent to deceive (nothing in the scan itself claims it's official), who wanted to compile all the official BPs given in the manga, Jump, and the daizenshuu, and also use the SEG SSj multipliers to estimate the BP of post-Freeza characters.
LeprikanGT wrote:Kid Goku had a powere level of 10, seems kind of low?
That's from Daizenshuu 7, for the record. Virtually all the numbers in the scan are taken from some official source, the only exceptions being those for Piccolo and Gohan during the fight with Raditz, Oozaru Gohan, Zarbon’s transformed state, the Ginyu Force members (except Ginyu himself), Freeza’s 2nd form, Piccolo after merging with Nail, Vegeta after Dende heals him during the Freeza fight, Cold, and the post-Freeza era characters.
Didn't Farmer w/ shotgun have a power level of 5 and Videl a power of 11?
Yes to the farmer thing, no to the Videl thing.
Last edited by Herms on Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:31 pm

Where did you get the full version of this scan? The Wiki only has an incomplete scan.

Looking at it only SSJ Gohan and SSJ Gotenks battle power seem off. In the case of being fan-made (which probably is) whoever did this put some nice effort into it. Maybe someone should contact him/her?

P.S.: Piccolo is at 890 against Raditz. Where is this from?

Herms

Post by Herms » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:42 pm

After looking at that thing a bit more closely, I noticed that the reborn Piccolo is called “Piccolo Junior”, rather than “Ma Junior”, like he usually is in Japanese. “Piccolo Junior” is, however, what Funi calls him. And Freeza’s second form has a BP of 1,200,000…which is 1% of his full power of 120,000,000. There was a line in the Funi dub about him only using 1% of his full power while in his second form, but you wouldn’t really expect a Japanese fan to know that, would you? So I'm thinking this might have been made by someone mostly familiar with the Funi dub, but with decent knowledge of Japanese, who wanted to create a fake Japanese guidebook scan. If the scan wasn't made by a native Japanese speaker, it would certainly explain why there's only words and short phrases in the scan, and not a single complete sentence.

Some other odd things I noticed: The picture of Oozaru Goku is labeled as him from the 22nd TB, rather than the 21st. Goku’s listed as 910 versus Raditz, and Piccolo as 890. 910 is the Weekly Jump BP for Goku at the 23rd TB, while I think 890 isn’t used for anything outside of this chart. Gohan is listed as 2,500 against Raditz, while in the manga and daizenshuu he’s 1,307.

Jeese's picture is labeled "Recoom"! It's a bit cut off by SSj Goku's hair, but it's still pretty clear.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:27 pm

Senzu_Bean wrote:Where did you get the full version of this scan? The Wiki only has an incomplete scan.

Looking at it only SSJ Gohan and SSJ Gotenks battle power seem off. In the case of being fan-made (which probably is) whoever did this put some nice effort into it. Maybe someone should contact him/her?

P.S.: Piccolo is at 890 against Raditz. Where is this from?
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Specia ... aiyajin123
The guy who posted it. It's the picture that says: Larger version jump battle power.

@ Herms
with all those mistakes and such you're probably right, I find it weird though, that someone would go through so much trouble when it's not even real. And thanks for the translations btw now I know the truth :D

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:29 pm

dbgtFO wrote:that someone would go through so much trouble when it's not even real
I agree. People do strange things.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:51 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:that someone would go through so much trouble when it's not even real
I agree. People do strange things.
Haha yeah I guess so, but that was well executed and this fan scan obviously isn't with wrong information and what not, yours seemed like the real deal, and made it more believable, while this when you look at it closely can easily be dismissed.

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:12 pm

Huh. FPSSj Goku is 3,000,000,000. Using the SEG SSj2 multiplier, he's 6,000,000,000. Then using the SEG SSj3 multiplier, he's 24,000,000,000, just as that fake page lists him. Weird.

EDIT: Silly me. Should've read the topic. Herms already got this.
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:10 pm

I also spy a "コールド大王" instead of "コルド大王".
Also, no furigana? Really?
And what's that, right under Yajirobê's name? "Super Saiyan"?

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:51 pm

Olivier Hague wrote:I also spy a "コールド大王" instead of "コルド大王".
Also, no furigana? Really?
And what's that, right under Yajirobê's name? "Super Saiyan"?
It says "tai Saiya-jin", or "versus the Saiyan". Basically, that was his battle power when the Z Warriors were fighting the Saiyans on Earth. You'll note that it also says that under all of the characters on that line.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:01 pm

Hujio wrote:It says "tai Saiya-jin"
Oh, right.

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:11 am

Hmm... Gohan is shown at 2,600,000,000 and Goku at 3,000,000,000 but, wasn't Gohan supposed to be a lot stronger than Goku by that point? I remember lines like;

"Why's everyone so impressed? Dad's great but, he isn't giving everything he's got yet."

Then later...

"You didn't have any trouble following us, did you Gohan?"

"Well no but, you weren't really trying, right Dad?"

"I dunno about Cell but I was giving it my very best, so compared to you, it looked like I wasn't trying, right?"

"...Yes."
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

Fishman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fishman » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:05 pm

Recoome has no truly official statement, but I could immediately tell it was totally wrong when I saw him listed as being weaker than Jeice and Burter. Wouldn't the most official source be (unless it's listed in a Daizenshuu chart I haven't seen) Super Saiya Densetsu, putting his Power Level at 60,000?
Super Saiyan Blue is not a creative color.
DBZ Movie 3 told a stronger and more believable "Evil Goku" story in 60 minutes than Dragon Ball Super has in 20 episodes. And it did it with better visuals and score.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:27 pm

Fishman wrote:Wouldn't the most official source be (unless it's listed in a Daizenshuu chart I haven't seen) Super Saiya Densetsu, putting his Power Level at 60,000?
That can't be right since Captain Ginyu estimated Goku's battle power to be at around 60,000 and he knew Goku had defeated Recoome, Jeice and Burter. And if I'm not mistaken DBZ: Saga puts him at 40,000.

Herms

Post by Herms » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:20 pm

Travis Touchdown wrote:Hmm... Gohan is shown at 2,600,000,000 and Goku at 3,000,000,000 but, wasn't Gohan supposed to be a lot stronger than Goku by that point?
Yeah, I'm guessing they just got lazy and didn't bother to distinguish between Super Saiyan Goku at the Cell Games and during the Boo arc.
Senzu_Bean wrote:had defeated Recoome, Jeice and Burter. And if I'm not mistaken DBZ: Saga puts him at 40,000.
That could be where the person who made the image got their numbers from. Do you know what Sagas had for Burtta and Jees?

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:34 pm

Herms wrote:Yeah, I'm guessing they just got lazy and didn't bother to distinguish between Super Saiyan Goku at the Cell Games and during the Boo arc.
According to some there is no difference but that doesn't really matter here.
Herms wrote:That could be where the person who made the image got their numbers from. Do you know what Sagas had for Burtta and Jees?
I don't know. I even created a thread asking what battle powers the video-games list.

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:23 pm

I might go through and list them. It shouldn't take longer than 30 minutes to go through every boss via the Pendulum Room. I think the battle powers stops at the Yardratian who's stronger than Frieza.
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II