How strong is Goku Jr?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

p123
Advanced Regular

Re: How strong is Goku Jr?

Post by p123 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:26 am

So what are your options we know my options.

How big is the boost for Trunks and how big is the boost for Gohan.

Gohan 3,000,000
SSJ 150,000,000

Please display Trunks Base/SSJ power estimation. I am having trouble understanding what you mean without the numerics. Well, I am off to go watch some Dexter, that show is sickeningly awesome.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:06 am

p123 wrote: How big is the boost for Trunks and how big is the boost for Gohan.
Gohan 3,000,000
SSJ 150,000,000
Please display Trunks Base/SSJ power estimation. I am having trouble understanding what you mean without the numerics. Well, I am off to go watch some Dexter, that show is sickeningly awesome.
Dayspring says, the SSJ boosts for Gohan and Trunks are different, to simplify it here's some numbers:

Gohan 50,000,000
-SSJ 140,000,000

Trunks 3,000,000
-SSJ 120,000,000
-weakened 40,000,000. This is where the Manga special begins.

3 years after...

Trunks 3,100,000
-SSJ 155,000,000 - surpassing Gohan but not by much to make a real difference to the androids.

p123
Advanced Regular

Post by p123 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:37 am

That;'s interesting ...

So let's say Goku Namek entered....

Goku would be at a major deficiet against Gohan in base, yet be stronger in SSJ. See that's the kind of stuff I can't get behind, not to mention how complicated it is. I don't think AT had that kind of stuff in mine while creating the boosts.

I think let's say the Gohan/Vegeta/Gohan thing in the Buu Arc. IMO it should be simply...

Goku > Vegeta > Gohan

No need to specify forms, the advantage will be the same in all forms. It's the simple way that's for sure. But if you on the complicated formula side, who's to say your 100% wrong. EVerything is up for interpretation.

Also, I really don't think AT is that complex. I think in his mind, he says ok Vegeta is a little bit stronger than Trunks. And that should apply to whatever form. I can't see him there with a calculator factoring different boosts for everyone.

Not to mention, your example if the same as mine. Just to different degrees. Your numerical chart shows that Trunks had to be battle worn to be losing to Base Gohan, which is the same thing that I am saying, just a different degree. That hardly proves varying boosts IMO.

Honestly, I think it's an oversimplication by the a portion of the hardcores, who definitley are aware of the manga, but enjoy over complicating things, perhaps for their anti power level bias or something. Hey I'm not Dr Phil.

Not to mention, a varying boost is never mentioned in any of the guidebooks. Whether the interviews are real, AT always mentions standard boosts, same as the SEG who offer standard boost.

I just don't get the whole varying boost stuff, the only real option being on that side, other than to bring anarchy to DB, is the MSSJ issue. Where Goku isn't stated to be stronger as a SSJ, yet his SSJ2 is stronger than kid Gohan's. To me that is easily explained as well, but at least I would think you would have a case.

Using SSJ Trunks < Base Gohan , by saying Trunks is battle worn, is the same thing I'm saying. And doesn't disprove my logic, moreso it probably adds to it.

Why the chaos guys?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:45 pm

p123 wrote:So what are your options we know my options.

How big is the boost for Trunks and how big is the boost for Gohan.

Gohan 3,000,000
SSJ 150,000,000

But that's just it; I don't think Gohan's base is much lower than his SSJ form. I don't see Trunks as being "weakened" coming into play here, as Gohan refers to Trunks' current level as what will soon surpass him. So whatever level Trunks is at in SSJ is both weaker than Gohan's base, yet almost stronger than Gohan's SSJ. With a flat x50 rule, that makes no sense. Also with the flat x50 rule, SSJ-G2 and SSJ-G3 can't be both part of the regular SSJ form and stronger than it, yet they clearly are.

I'm not sure why you went on a rant regarding my multiple crazy and complicated formulae. My whole point is that there is no formula. Different people are stronger for different reasons. How much stronger depends on the individual and how much they train their various forms, as with any other skill.

If you really need a numerical example, then here:
Trunks: 1 mil
SSJ: 120 mil
Gohan: 140 mil
SSJ Gohan: 150 mil

So the rate of growth for Trunks in SSJ combined with the insane boost it gives him is what he's counting on defeating the androids. Meanwhile Gohan's regular growth is phenomenal, but the boost his SSJ form gives him is too weak to help beat the androids.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

p123
Advanced Regular

Post by p123 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:50 pm

If you really need a numerical example, then here:
Trunks: 1 mil
SSJ: 120 mil
Gohan: 140 mil
SSJ Gohan: 150 mil

So the rate of growth for Trunks in SSJ combined with the insane boost it gives him is what he's counting on defeating the androids. Meanwhile Gohan's regular growth is phenomenal, but the boost his SSJ form gives him is too weak to help beat the androids.

Wow, just wow. Honestly I am going to have to stop here. We are never going to agree on this at all, are views are way too different. Going to have to agree to disagree here man.

DbzFanboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by DbzFanboy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:58 am

I say as a ssj he is about as strong as Krillin is during the very beginning of Dragon Ball Z.
FOREVER FORNEVER

cpd12589
Beyond Newbie

Post by cpd12589 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:40 pm

I'd say Goku Jr at the end of GT where he can control his SSJ form is roughly as powerful as Goten or Kid Trunks when they fought each other at the World Tournament. Vegeta Jr would be right around his power too more or less. But in the GT movie his power is definitely significantly lower since he can't control his SSJ form yet. He just spontaneously turned SSJ so I'd say he's 25-50% weaker in the GT movie than at the World Tournament against Vegeta Jr.

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:22 am

I honestly think his base form had a lower BP than the farmer with a shotgun did.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

cpd12589
Beyond Newbie

Post by cpd12589 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:14 pm

.......right and the farmer could also go SSJ...

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:22 pm

I don't believe there's any set minimum for a base power level in order to go Super Saiyan.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")

We Gotta Power >>>>> Cha-La Head Cha-La. Fight me.
If Super wanted to be "canon," then it should have been good.
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

teengohanisbawse11

Post by teengohanisbawse11 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:35 am

I think that his base BP is about the same as when Goku fought Ginyu. So, about 175,000-180,000. So, if we go by the x50 rule for SSJ, his power level is about 9 million.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:56 pm

teengohanisbawse11 wrote:I think that his base BP is about the same as when Goku fought Ginyu. So, about 175,000-180,000. So, if we go by the x50 rule for SSJ, his power level is about 9 million.
Please make note of how old a topic is before you post in it. This topic had been inactive for the better part of a decade, and a post like this is something called a "necropost", which is heavily frowned upon.

As for having him that strong...that seems insanely generous given what little we have to go off of during the special. Unless you think Yao and the other self-proclaimed demons of the special were over 180,000, and that Goku Jr. could reach such levels on his own without having any indicated initiative or inclination for training. Everything points to him being extremely weak, arguably even by Dragon Ball standards, until his Ssj transformation.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:29 pm

I think by the World Tournament Goku Jr's battle power was of 5'000. So his base would be 100. It makes sense as he probably trained a little, and yes he was weak before but more than a weakling he was just a very afraid kid. I also believe Vegeta Jr had access to gravity chambers so it makes sense he would be a 100 too.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Okora

Post by Okora » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:45 pm

I think by the tournament his power level was around the same as Goten and Trunks.