The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zetto
Beyond Newbie

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by Zetto » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:36 pm

In episode 5 of Dragon Ball Super, Goku tries to introduce himself with a more polite way, but fails. Can anyone translate the line roughly accurate, so that the "joke" of him being unable to use polite words is kept in English?
Possibly one of the biggest
Greek Dragon Ball Fans.

ドラゴンボール Ντράγκονμπολ

Jjcb

Post by Jjcb » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:14 pm

I hate to bug, but could you guys please translate what they say here:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-DQ9e ... 30-p/6.jpg

Here: Image

And here: Image

I'll be awaiting for the answer.

Speedster
Regular

Post by Speedster » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:36 pm

What does this page with Tori-bot say? And from where is it from?
Last edited by Speedster on Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:22 pm

Could someone please translate this small fragment from Dragon Book Dragon Box The Movies? The one with Goten, Trunks and Videl
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:04 pm

coola wrote:Could someone please translate this small fragment from Dragon Book Dragon Box The Movies? The one with Goten, Trunks and Videl
"Goten and the others are shown great hospitality for defeating the monster. But then Broli, who was thought to have been defeated by Goku, appears at the village lake."

...why did you want this random bit translated?
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:26 am

Adamant wrote:...why did you want this random bit translated?
We keep saying this time and time again, but yeah: folks, if you're going to ask for something to be translated, please at least provide some context for what it is and why it is you're looking for a translation.

The above, I'm sad to say, just seems like the classic "it says Broli so please translate it" example that's always being made fun of.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:53 pm

Speedster wrote:What does this page with Tori-bot say? And from where is it from?
It's (a Chinese translation of) the "Me These Days" (ちかごろのわし / Chikagoro no Washi) strip found in the Shenlong Times pamphlet included with Daizenshuu 2.

I keep bugging Heath about putting up even a low-res thumbnail to go with our translation on the site. Maybe someday. But anyway, here's Jake's translation of the Japanese original:
Herms's translation wrote:Akira Toriyama’s “Me These Days”
The diligent, half-assed, kindly, cold, cheerful, gloomy, unflappable, short-tempered, shy, perverted, silent, loudmouthed, even-he-doesn’t-really-know-how-severely-twisted bastard Akira Toriyama’s Me These Days.
Panel 1
Lately I’ve finally been able to relax a little bit. So I always clean out the pen four our pet bunnies and make it look pretty.
Panel 2
On Sunday I play with the kids.
Panel 3
I can totter around on my bicycle or motorcycle.
Panel 4
I even get up early. Well, when I say that I mean around 2:00 in the afternoon…
Panel 5
Incidentally, I really like to go to the super market or department store and check out what kind of things they have.
Panel 6
When I’m out and about, it’s rare for me to be recognized. But for some reason every now and then someone will know who I am. It might be because my picture occasionally appeared in Weekly Jump.
Panel 7
I’m just a manga artist, so I can’t stand being scrutinized. I just want to loiter around. So now I seldom go to places where I might be discovered.
Panel 8
This means that I don’t go for mass communication or lectures. I’ve always hated those anyway. Well, now I have got a face that can’t go out in public.
Panel 9
They wanted some photos of me for these complete works, so I let them have some, but only pictures where you can’t tell too well who it is. Sorry. I think this way I won’t have to put up with even more of this!
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

MisterGuyMan
Beyond Newbie

Post by MisterGuyMan » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Can some one confirm what this is?
http://db30th.com/into/into_nenpyo.html#ne01
Thanks so much.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:23 pm

MisterGuyMan wrote:Can some one confirm what this is?
Thanks so much.
It's an in-universe timeline (similar to what Herms has worked on in bits and pieces). It starts with the creation of Majin Buu (5 million years ago) / Goku being born, etc. (Age 737) / Beerus going to sleep (Age 739).
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

MisterGuyMan
Beyond Newbie

Post by MisterGuyMan » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:37 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
MisterGuyMan wrote:Can some one confirm what this is?
Thanks so much.
It's an in-universe timeline (similar to what Herms has worked on in bits and pieces). It starts with the creation of Majin Buu (5 million years ago) / Goku being born, etc. (Age 737) / Beerus going to sleep (Age 739).
Thanks. I gathered as much. I was asking if it was from something official.

MisterGuyMan
Beyond Newbie

Post by MisterGuyMan » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:38 pm

deleted message
Last edited by MisterGuyMan on Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:38 pm

MisterGuyMan wrote:I was asking if it was from something official.
Well, the information has been collected in various places before (the Daizenshuu, the Battle of Gods guidebook, etc.) but this particular verbiage and presentation is exclusive to that 30th anniversary website. Not really sure how to answer your question beyond that.

MisterGuyMan
Beyond Newbie

Post by MisterGuyMan » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:47 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
MisterGuyMan wrote:I was asking if it was from something official.
Well, the information has been collected in various places before (the Daizenshuu, the Battle of Gods guidebook, etc.) but this particular verbiage and presentation is exclusive to that 30th anniversary website. Not really sure how to answer your question beyond that.
Ok thanks. I was mostly curious if it was either an official website or a compilation of official information from some other official source as opposed to a fan write up with random pictures. Mostly wondering because it would have been the first reference to Uub post SSG that I know of.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:25 pm

It is indeed an official website, if that's what you're asking.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:22 pm

Can someone translate this? It's the title of a special back-to-back broadcast of 2 episodes of 90's Dr. Slump in which Goku appeared.

「ドクタースランプ 悟空登場!!アラレ感激、最後のドラゴンボールはペンギン村にあったぞ!!超マルヒ大ザルの正体を見た」

Shoryuken
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shoryuken » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:21 am

DNA wrote:Can someone translate this? It's the title of a special back-to-back broadcast of 2 episodes of 90's Dr. Slump in which Goku appeared.

「ドクタースランプ 悟空登場!!アラレ感激、最後のドラゴンボールはペンギン村にあったぞ!!超マルヒ大ザルの正体を見た」
Roughly translated: Son Goku enters Dr. Slump!! Arale's impression, the last Dragon Ball is in Penguin Village!! (I) saw the super secret true character of the Great Ape ("oozaru").

Take this though with a grain of salt as my grasp with Japanese grammar is a tad wobbly. Worth noting that "oozaru" is written in mixed script (kanji/katakana, 大ザル) rather than the usual kanji 大猿.
これはシグネチャではない
Personal blog - myriadleaves.eu

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:38 am

Shoryuken wrote:Roughly translated: Son Goku enters Dr. Slump!! Arale's impression, the last Dragon Ball is in Penguin Village!! (I) saw the super secret true character of the Great Ape ("oozaru").

Take this though with a grain of salt as my grasp with Japanese grammar is a tad wobbly. Worth noting that "oozaru" is written in mixed script (kanji/katakana, 大ザル) rather than the usual kanji 大猿.
Thanks guy. Not sure what is meant by Arale's impression though. Everything else seems to match what I've seen online via google translate, only making more sense now.

Shoryuken
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shoryuken » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:52 am

DNA wrote:
Shoryuken wrote:Roughly translated: Son Goku enters Dr. Slump!! Arale's impression, the last Dragon Ball is in Penguin Village!! (I) saw the super secret true character of the Great Ape ("oozaru").

Thanks guy. Not sure what is meant by Arale's impression though. Everything else seems to match what I've seen online via google translate, only making more sense now.
Digging deeper in regards to 感激 ("impression") reveals that "Arale's impression" also can be translated as "Arale's deep emotion/inspiration" i.e. "Arale's excitement" which probably fits the context better.
これはシグネチャではない
Personal blog - myriadleaves.eu

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:10 pm

I just stumbled across this, and was wondering not only what it was from, but also what in the world it says above the brown haired girl there? I...don't recognize her in the least, so to see her featured in what seems to be a guide thing as far as I can tell, with text no less, makes me curious. I don't need anything from this, it's just a curiosity, so no rush or priority or anything.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:46 am

The image is from the artbook/magazine Akira Toriyama: The World Anime Special.
Obviously as you suspected, she's not from DB. She's a character in another anime, Toriyama was involved in at the time(1989/1990). She's there in this special, because as the name of the magazine suggests it's primarily an Akira Toriyama artbook, rather than specifically Dragon Ball and this particular section focused on the girls in hiss stories.
I have no idea, what it says, sorry about that.