The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DB▪Magnum-Expert
Beyond Newbie

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by DB▪Magnum-Expert » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:16 am

I need the following to be translated please (although it's not Japanese, but I'm sure there are people out there who can)

Dragon Ball Forever:

These Parts Mainly:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rest Of The Page Is Unnecessary
People I'm always keen to Debate with for the sole purpose of increasing experience and joy:

Ash57
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash57 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:34 am

The last one with SSJin3 Goku is "the powered-up Majin Boo!"
"No matter how many times you spend on these forums. No matter how arrogant you are, you'll eventually lose a debate. So stop and admit that you're not omniscient"

DB▪Magnum-Expert
Beyond Newbie

Post by DB▪Magnum-Expert » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:47 pm

Ash57 wrote:The last one with SSJin3 Goku is "the powered-up Majin Boo!"
It's not that I'm saying you're lying, but that isn't really enough. Can you show me a direct translation to the content?
People I'm always keen to Debate with for the sole purpose of increasing experience and joy:

Ash57
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash57 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:05 pm

DB▪Magnum-Expert wrote:
It's not that I'm saying you're lying, but that isn't really enough. Can you show me a direct translation to the content?
"Goku engaged in combat without Fusion. He battles a powered-up Majin Boo with Super Saiyan 3!"

"Powered-up" here is talking about Kid Boo's power in comparison to Mr. Boo, the one he came from.
"No matter how many times you spend on these forums. No matter how arrogant you are, you'll eventually lose a debate. So stop and admit that you're not omniscient"

DB▪Magnum-Expert
Beyond Newbie

Post by DB▪Magnum-Expert » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:10 pm

Ash57 wrote:
DB▪Magnum-Expert wrote:
"Goku engaged in combat without Fusion. He battles a powered-up Majin Boo with Super Saiyan 3!"
Thanks a lot

DB▪Magnum-Expert
Beyond Newbie

Post by DB▪Magnum-Expert » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:04 pm

Ash57 wrote:
Do you have the translations of the other scans? If you do, please translate them

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:34 pm

What is Babidi saying here?

Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Cypher
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cypher » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:24 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:What is Babidi saying here?

Basically: 'A worthless (/trivial, etc) transformation... not much of a change'

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:35 am

Sorry,if it has already been translated:
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:45 pm

A somewhat complicated request regarding Daizenshuu 6: I know for the first page of each movie's section it has a short statement regarding the movie's place (or lack thereof) in continuity. For all the movies up through DBZ Movie 6, those statements are translated on the main Kanzenshuu site. If someone has translations on hand for the rest of the movies, would it be too much trouble to post it? Also, on that same first page for each film, there's something to the right that looks like either a bulleted list or a timeline. If it's timeline related, is there a translation for that somewhere and I've missed it?

An example page for DBZ Movie 7. I can link the rest of them if necessary.
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:59 am

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DP2vLRBVQAEOGNH.jpg

Having a pointless argument on reddit.
He says it describes the s cells which increase with each transformation deciding the tail colour... (Whether it's gold or brown.) Smells like bs to me.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:03 am

TobyS wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DP2vLRBVQAEOGNH.jpg

He says it describes the s cells which increase with each transformation deciding the tail colour... (Whether it's gold or brown.) Smells like bs to me.
We translated the entity of this "Saiyan Special Q&A". This is the only official mention of S-Cells thus far.

Q5 is the "Can anyone become a Super Saiyan if they train?" question.

There is nothing about tails in there.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:11 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
TobyS wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DP2vLRBVQAEOGNH.jpg

We translated the entity of this "Saiyan Special Q&A". This is the only official mention of S-Cells thus far.

Q5 is the "Can anyone become a Super Saiyan if they train?" question.

There is nothing about tails in there.
Thanks man, I did say “I think theirs been only one mention of S-Cells, kanzeshuu translated it. And I didn't remember a tail reference... So I appreciate the clarification.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Omniboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Omniboy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:05 pm

Well I was originally on Reddit when I wanted this image to get it translated, but I was told that it was nearly impossible due to how blurry it was. I also posted here but got no response, likely due to the same reason.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

However, I think that I may have found a bit better quality image so it's a bit easier to read.

[spoiler]Imagehttp://i.imgur.com/y8TmW.jpg[/spoiler]

I don't know. Maybe its just my eyes but the symbols look a bit better too me. I'm primarily focused on the symbols next to the two floating Broly heads to the right, but if I can't get a translation, then that's fine.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:14 pm

That's just one of the wrap-up pages of character designs from Daizenshuu 6, "Movies & TV Specials". Nothing particularly interesting or noteworthy about what's there. These kinds of pages simply describe what's shown.

The text that goes with the two disembodied Broli heads just says there's a control device on the head, neck, and arms. The main text on the right is the intro paragraph and just says he's a Saiyan born the same day as Goku, he's strong, and is uncontrollable once he meets Goku.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:47 pm

Has anyone translated this image?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Omniboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Omniboy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:18 pm

VegettoEX wrote:That's just one of the wrap-up pages of character designs from Daizenshuu 6, "Movies & TV Specials". Nothing particularly interesting or noteworthy about what's there. These kinds of pages simply describe what's shown.

The text that goes with the two disembodied Broli heads just says there's a control device on the head, neck, and arms. The main text on the right is the intro paragraph and just says he's a Saiyan born the same day as Goku, he's strong, and is uncontrollable once he meets Goku.
Sorry I'm late but thank you so much. I was kind of hoping that they would go into why he is uncontrollable once he meets Goku, but I guess it's not there. But regardless thank you.

Pirina_Fusee

Post by Pirina_Fusee » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:43 pm

Hello! New poster here with a question. Has anyone around here expressed any interest in doing translations for the updated DB encyclopedia in Chouzenshuu 4? I know Kanzentai back when it was one site did the previous one, Daizenshuu 7, but I'm curious about what the exact updates were, particularly in the character guide, which I know added back some egregious misses from Daiz.7 like General White and East and West Kai, and even GT and Neko Majin characters. I'm obviously not saying "do this right now," but if anyone ever plans on doing this, well, you'll have an audience of at least one!

Banana
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Banana » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:24 am

I know this was originally meant for manga, however I do have a few questions regarding this one video I saw. If I need to make my own topic I can, just thought this may have been a better place to ask.

I was wondering if there was a way anyone could translate it either through a transcript or subbing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3zND3nszZHM

It's a rare tv show special that isn't animated, but seems to be from some old Japanese variety show which is of unknown origin to me and it features specifically a large amount of the Japanese voice cast talking about their characters and voicing segments of the show, including Vegeta, Trunks, Goku, Piccolo, Pu-aru and many more characters. I thought this thing was great! My Japanese is that of a four year old which is why I apologize that I need to ask, lol. Most importantly,'I'm wondering if anyone can figure out what it came from- as I'd love to know if there happens to be more DB VA footage like this!
Goku: Are you a Yoshi?
Piccolo: Yes, Goku, I'm a green ****ing dinosaur.

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:02 pm

In the original, does Goku say "we" or "I" when asking about becoming a Super Saiyan?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler][spoiler]Image[/spoiler]