The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Adamant
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by Adamant » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:18 am

p-hyvo wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:43 am There's nothing like a complete translation of It around?
There's one right there in the tweets you were linked.

It's worth mentioning that Goku DOES say "Kaioken times 100" in this scene in the anime comic, so it's not some crazy fake trying to convince you of something that was never meant to be the case. Chances are they just changed the line from the original movie script because they realized it didn't make all that much sense.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:58 pm

QUESTION:

What are Shu and Mai saying in this clip? It's from DB episode 6, four minutes and 25 seconds in.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K-td69 ... sp=sharing

Since it's only the audio, I'll explain what's happening in the scene. Shu and Mai are sneaking toward Oolong's mobile home, and they make what I can only assume are "sneaking sounds", but I can't find anything like them on lists of Japanese onomatopoeias. Sounds like a "Sasasasasa" as they move toward the mobile home, and then they each make an additional sound as they arrive at their goal.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:07 pm

linkdude20002001 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:58 pm QUESTION:

What are Shu and Mai saying in this clip? It's from DB episode 6, four minutes and 25 seconds in.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K-td69 ... sp=sharing

Since it's only the audio, I'll explain what's happening in the scene. Shu and Mai are sneaking toward Oolong's mobile home, and they make what I can only assume are "sneaking sounds", but I can't find anything like them on lists of Japanese onomatopoeias. Sounds like a "Sasasasasa" as they move toward the mobile home, and then they each make an additional sound as they arrive at their goal.
Yes, the "sasasa" is a sneaking around sound effect. Found it referenced on this page

The whispering at the end is hard to make out, unfortunately. Could be further sound effects to emphasize what they're doing, or could be brief dialogue. Maybe someone else can hear it better.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:29 pm

Oh! Thanks!
I think Shu says "pote", and Mai says "supa". I couldn't find those anywhere either, tho, but the site you linked to has them.
"Pote" means "flop" or "lean", and "supa" is probably a shortening of "supasupa" meaning "fast and efficient". Or maybe short for "supān" or "supakōn" meaning "slap" or "smack", as in her body smacks against the motorhome,
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

DBZ Expert
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DBZ Expert » Wed May 27, 2020 2:18 am

Can someone translate it for me?

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Wed May 27, 2020 9:00 pm

HOW? Nobody can even read that. It's too damn small.

DBZ Expert
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DBZ Expert » Wed May 27, 2020 10:05 pm

QuakingStar wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:00 pm HOW? Nobody can even read that. It's too damn small.
At least what you can read. I need it ti be translated

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Thu May 28, 2020 9:44 pm

DBZ Expert wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:05 pm
QuakingStar wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:00 pm HOW? Nobody can even read that. It's too damn small.
What parts, and why? Nobody’s going to sit down and translate every last thing, especially when all the information present has been available in one form or another for ages. There’s no secret mystical knowledge to be had in these basic plot and character descriptions from Daizenshuu volume 6, a VHS case, the back cover of a movie anime comic, and a single Carddass card.

What exactly do you want to know, “Expert”?
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

DBZ Expert
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DBZ Expert » Thu May 28, 2020 10:42 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:44 pm
DBZ Expert wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:05 pm
What parts, and why? Nobody’s going to sit down and translate every last thing, especially when all the information present has been available in one form or another for ages. There’s no secret mystical knowledge to be had in these basic plot and character descriptions from Daizenshuu volume 6, a VHS case, the back cover of a movie anime comic, and a single Carddass card.

What exactly do you want to know, “Expert”?
Well at least the comics of movie 8 and what it says. For example what does it say about Goku's design there and what's written next to him. Same with Gohan in movie 8 next to his SSjin2 image.

Also in movie 10 poster where we see Gohan's states at base and SSjin. What does it say. Does that indicate Gohan was a SSjin vs Broli and not a SSjin 2?

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Thu May 28, 2020 11:44 pm

DBZ Expert wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:05 pm Image
TITLE OF THE SECTION:
The greatest powers in the universe!
Four Super Saiyans finally reunited!

SON GOKU (GOKU, DEFENDER OF THE GALAXY, ALWAYS AND FOREVER!):
He went through extremely harsh trainings and survived fights of an unprecedented violence. Consequently, he is now the strongest Super Saiyan in History! His power seems infinite. But of course, if Goku always managed to win, it's also thanks to his ever-present allies: Piccolo, Trunks and the others!: And once again now, he'll ask for help from his friends to beat the enemy!

SON GOKU'S TOP PICTURE:
His new enemy is none other than a Super Saiyan that will give him a hard time!

SON GOKU'S MIDDLE PICTURE:
His link to his son Gohan is unbreakable.

SON GOKU'S BOTTOM PICTURE (screams "Give me your energy!"):
The situation is catastrophic! To defeat his opponent, he'll need the strength of all of his allies.

SON GOHAN (SON GOHAN, EVEN STRONGER THAN HIS FATHER!):
Son Gohan is the Goku and Chichi's son, which makes him half Saiyan, half Earthling. He has finally reached the state of Super Saiyan even though he hates fighting: he's way too kind and peace-loving! However, when he gets angry, he shows a tremendous power that goes beyond Goku's!

SON GOHAN'S TOP PICTURE:
With his naive and innocent facial expressions, one can see that Gohan is still a child.

SON GOHAN'S LEFT PICTURE:
A warrior whose courage is only matched by his heart size-wise.

SON GOHAN'S BOTTOM PICTURE:
Against the terrifying Broly, he turns into a Super Saiyan, and yet...

VEGETA (THE PRINCE OF SAIYANS):
Prince of the Saiyans' warrior race, Vegeta has an exacerbated pride. His royal pride is precisely what makes him consider Goku, a low-class warrior, as a rival above all.

VEGETA'S TOP PICTURE:
He is invited to become the king of the new planet Vegeta...

VEGETA'S BOTTOM PICTURE:
Vegeta also turns into a Super Saiyan.

TRUNKS (THE WARRIOR FROM THE FUTURE!):
This Super Saiyan is a time traveller. He is actually the grown-up version of Trunks, the son of Vegeta and Bulma! In the future, he's been trained by Gohan and has become a warrior with a sweet temper, unlike his father!

TRUNKS' TOP PICTURE:
Trunks is dubious when hearing Paragus' speech.

TRUNKS' BOTTOM PICTURE:
He has inherited his father's crushing power.
DBZ Expert wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:05 pm Image
TITLE OF THE SECTION:
A malevolent tremor makes the galaxy shiver!

BOJACK (THE SPACE CONQUEROR WITH A SOUL BLACKER THAN THE NIGHT!):
Bojack used to create so much chaos in the universe that he was sealed by the four Kaios. He has been released from his long slumber when the North Kaio's planet was pulverised by Cell's explosion. He's a cruel being whose power is beyond the Super Saiyans'!

BOJACK'S TOP PICTURE:
Even when turned into a Super Saiyan, Vegeta is helpless against Bojack.

BOJACK'S BOTTOM PICTURE:
He attacks Gohan using Zangya as a shield! He is ruthless!

ZANGYA (A POISONOUS AND MERCILESS FLOWER):
A warrior under Bojack's command. Behind her beautiful face, she hides a crushing power that will knock out Krilin in an instant.

BIDO (HE ENJOYS DESTROYING EVERYTHING!):
This massive warrior lives only for destruction and slaughter. His colossal power and his tall size make him able to hold his own against the Z warriors. He has killed the totally powerless Dosukoi with much pleasure!

BUJIN (THE WARRIOR WITH SUPERNATURAL ABILITIES!):
He's Gohan's adversary in the underground battle zone. He's small but uses extrasensory powers to seal the Z warriors' powers!

GOKUA (THIS ASSASSIN IS COLD-HEARTED!):
He fights using a sword. Through concentration, he can increase his muscle mass. He'll end up losing against Trunks turned into a Super Saiyan.

SPECIAL INFO BOX: "THE HORRIBLE POWERS OF BOJACK'S CREW!"
Bojack and his men are determined to extend their darkness onto the Earth! They are ferocious warriors whose power levels are basically the same as the Super Saiyans'. Moreover, they have dreadful abilities, like those threads that they can create from their hands: they use those to tie up their opponents and seal their strength at the same time! Even the Super Saiyans are no exceptions and end up being powerless. This strange extrasensory gift will give Gohan a very hard time.

INFO BOX TOP-LEFT PICTURE:
Some kind of threads come out of their fingers and wrap around their enemies!

INFO BOX TOP-RIGHT PICTURE:
Ties that deprive the Super Saiyans of their powers!

INFO BOX BOTTOM PICTURE:
Even Gohan is paralysed!

DBZ Expert
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DBZ Expert » Fri May 29, 2020 12:13 am

Cold Skin wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:44 pm<SNIP>
Thanks for that.

We need more people like you to translate a lot of those comics. Here is something new about movie that was known by everyone too. It says Goku is the strongest SSjin at that point

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Fri May 29, 2020 12:25 pm

It still says Gohan was stronger than Goku when he gets angry, so I guess that hasn't changed

DBZ Expert
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DBZ Expert » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:29 am

Can someone tell me what Gohan says in the end of this preview?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fqdlpIYLA ... &index=177

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:41 am

DBZ Expert wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:29 am Can someone tell me what Gohan says in the end of this preview?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fqdlpIYLA ... &index=177
Nothing of any particular importance; just saying what we see in the following episode(s):

:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

God
Banned

Post by God » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:16 am

Don't know if somebody already asked this or not, but has anyone translated the promotional RoF 3 chapter one-shot by Toyotaro to English? I know there's unofficial translations online, but those are beyond inaccurate.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:17 pm

Adamant wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:18 am
p-hyvo wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:43 am There's nothing like a complete translation of It around?
There's one right there in the tweets you were linked.

It's worth mentioning that Goku DOES say "Kaioken times 100" in this scene in the anime comic, so it's not some crazy fake trying to convince you of something that was never meant to be the case. Chances are they just changed the line from the original movie script because they realized it didn't make all that much sense.
I'm not sure if that's just a mistake in the way you said it, but Goku doesn't say such a thing in the Anime Comics.
I have it and he just says "Kaioken !!". If you do confirm it was in the Anime Comics, perhaps it was quickly corrected by Shueisha back then for future releases, explaining why it is not present in the recent French version released just a few years ago.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:33 pm

I checked the (Japanese) anime comic, both old print and recent digital, and yeah: just a regular “Kaiō-Ken” there.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:00 am

Huh, you're right, just checked myself too.

Was it in one of the trailers he said it? I know I have it from somewhere.

EDIT: Found it, it's in the movie digest. It's included on the Dragon Box, so if you have that you can see for yourselves. Sorry, my bad, my memory isn't what it used to be.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:59 am

It makes sense anyway to think of it as a kaioken x100.
I mean , Goku literally became ssj in movie prior to that, and slug transformed . So, Goku would need a power higher than ssj to beat him.
So we got
giant slug >=kk100>ssj Goku >base slug
and this makes sense to me

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:32 pm

Are there plans to translate the interview in the Japanese Home Video release of Broly?
https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/statu ... 6065190913

This one seems to have some interesting stuff about Toriyama’s corrections to the movie.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ryfura/statu ... 1523890176

There’s also another interview in the Blu-Ray which is yet to be translated, the one where they revealed plans for a new movie: https://mobile.twitter.com/sunlemonmono ... on-ball%2F

And the site still doesn’t have the Broly’s anime comic interview by Toriyama. The one where he commented on how he liked the Goku’s warm up scene etcetera.

It’s unfortunate because we literally have translations of dozens of interviews and random stuff from the Battle of Gods movie, while the latest stuff we got for Broly’s movie still hasn’t been translated. And it’s incredibly hard to find the random translations people have done of these.
So please, if possible, consider translating these interviews! It would be super helpful.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical