The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hitiro
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by Hitiro » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:08 pm

Curious as to what is actually said on this page. Was talked about on another thread but I am still curious as to whether the English translation syncs up correctly.

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:29 am

SaiyaJedi wrote:
jda95 wrote:
SuicidalZerg wrote:Does anyone care to translate this little gem?
Goku: "Hey!? Your friend is a girl? Isn't she? This person here..."
Gohan: "Yeah..." and in panel 2 "You have two kids but you still can't recognize a girl!?"
Videl: "Is he an acquaintance of yours?"
Gohan: "Hm? I suppose..."
I'd read "ううん" here as saying, "No", not "I suppose". His father's behavior freaked him out so badly that he's denying all knowledge.
Haha that'd be right, after all this time the difference between うん and ううん still confuses me occasionally.
Hitiro wrote:Curious as to what is actually said on this page. Was talked about on another thread but I am still curious as to whether the English translation syncs up correctly.
Trunks: D-Damn... He escaped!!!!
Piccolo: Damn it! Isn't Taiyou-ken one of Tenshinhan's moves?
Kuririn: I-It's not like Taiyou-ken is a particularly difficult move.... I mean, even Goku and I can use it.....
Piccolo: Bastard!! Tch... He's erased all sign of him now. So he can even do something like that....?

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by flashback0180 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:52 am

Does anyone know what this page translates too. I saw it on a another site where someone was saying this as a proof for SSJ2 Gohans solar-system busting feat.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:26 am

It has already been translated here:

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&p=612690
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:10 am

jda95 wrote:
Hitiro wrote:Curious as to what is actually said on this page. Was talked about on another thread but I am still curious as to whether the English translation syncs up correctly.
Trunks: D-Damn... He escaped!!!!
Piccolo: Damn it! Isn't Taiyou-ken one of Tenshinhan's moves?
Kuririn: I-It's not like Taiyou-ken is a particularly difficult move.... I mean, even Goku and I can use it.....
Piccolo: Bastard!! Tch... He's erased all sign of him now. So he can even do something like that....?
Thanks for the translation.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:02 pm

Any chance someone would be willing to take a stab at this? I'd be kind of curious to know what's said, though I can make certain guesses just based on the context.

AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

SuicidalZerg
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuicidalZerg » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:42 pm

I would like if this song was translated too, if you do that sort of thing here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCCDkTslyu0
Nozawaberries commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdqta3iB6ZM

Twitch stream: http://www.twitch.tv/suicidalzerg
Planet Minecraft skins: http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/son_gohan/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/SC2SuicidalZerg
NA Battle tag: SuicidalZerg.158
MC username: SuicidalZerg

Clearin

Post by Clearin » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:32 pm

http://puu.sh/9N5T3/eb6e57abf5.jpg

Can someone tranlate me what Krillin is saying?

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:38 am

Clearin wrote:Can someone tranlate me what Krillin is saying?
"Incredible!! Their offense and defense are both completely on par with each other!!"

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:58 pm

Can I get a translation for this page, please?

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:15 am

Can anyone who speaks Spanish translate this page, please? I saw it on another site and someone was claiming it said Super Saiyan Grade 3 was a 10x multiplier, which is pretty perplexing to me. I believe it's the bottom left passage under Trunks.

CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:40 am

Roughly:

Trunks acquired a force ten times superior, but [his] movements are more limited.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:55 am

Huh, so it really is saying Grade 3 is 10x stronger than Grade 2, or normal Super Saiyan at least.
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:16 am

Nazi Cola wrote:Huh, so it really is saying Grade 3 is 10x stronger than Grade 2, or normal Super Saiyan at least.
Not exactly. Given all the context, he could be tens times stronger than he was before entering the Room of Spirit and Time.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:43 am

Hugo Boss wrote:
Nazi Cola wrote:Huh, so it really is saying Grade 3 is 10x stronger than Grade 2, or normal Super Saiyan at least.
Not exactly. Given all the context, he could be tens times stronger than he was before entering the Room of Spirit and Time.
Or it could just mean "a whole lot stronger." There's no need to take this kind of thing literally when it's most likely hyperbole.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:51 am

It'd be a stretch to say it's not meant to be taken literally or just used as "a whole lot" when it explicitly says "ten times" just like how Vegeta describes Oozaru.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:08 am

Saiga wrote:It'd be a stretch to say it's not meant to be taken literally or just used as "a whole lot" when it explicitly says "ten times" just like how Vegeta describes Oozaru.
Not really. I see quotes all the time saying things like "I'm a dozen times stronger than you," or "I'm twice as fast as you are." That doesn't literally mean that they are that many times stronger/faster, only that they are by a great degree. It's hyperbole.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:11 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Saiga wrote:It'd be a stretch to say it's not meant to be taken literally or just used as "a whole lot" when it explicitly says "ten times" just like how Vegeta describes Oozaru.
Not really. I see quotes all the time saying things like "I'm a dozen times stronger than you," or "I'm twice as fast as you are." That doesn't literally mean that they are that many times stronger/faster, only that they are by a great degree. It's hyperbole.
But this isn't a quote. This is a description of the strength Trunks has acquired, and it's very specific.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:33 am

Saiga wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
But this isn't a quote. This is a description of the strength Trunks has acquired, and it's very specific.
Except "10 times" doesn't always mean "10 times," as odd as that sounds. Quantifying something is often used as a way of making something sound important, even if the actual number isn't true, such as in the examples I provided above. The actual number isn't important, as long as it sounds impressive. Without knowing what this source is, it seems to me as an advertisement of the series trying to make it sound sensational in order to draw greater interest, not as some official guidebook that is created to provide information about the series. So in that case, saying "10 times more force (not strength)," sounds better than "he got a lot stronger." I see it more as a way of sounding cool, not a declaration of fact.

Plus, taking the info literally, it's just wrong. We all know that the Grade 3 multiplier isn't literally 10 times greater than either SSJ or Grade 2.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:27 am

What book/magazine/etc is that from, by the way?
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.